Anae and the QB Position | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Anae and the QB Position

I think you were saying there are no realistic transfers we could bring in that could unseat him. I gave you a handful that I believe to be realistic, especially now with our new coaches, a couple of which have substantial experience.
I never said anything like that. I have been saying that we shouldn't sleep on Lamson based on what in-the-in-the-know people have been saying. I have no problem bringing in a transfer, if we can find a good one and I really have no clue what is out there.

If our Lou Groza award winning kicker kicks 2 field goals the 3-6, becomes 5-4.

I thought he missed 1 FG (Clemson) that would have put the game into OT. What FG's did he miss that would have won two games?

He actually made 2 fourth quarter field goals that tied games and sent one into OT. FSU and Wake.

I don't know rhat anyone has said he has a lock on the position. I think people are refuting those that say we can't win with him and that he can't improve. He made enough plays to show we can win with him. Get some WRs that will catch the ball, find one that scares secondaries deep, and work on some mechanics and we're already in better shape. That's not to say you don't try to provide competiton, either through HS recruits or the portal. We should always try to do that. If Major Applewhite and Jalen Hurts can lose their jobs, almost no QB should be considered a lock to remain starter.
I think it'll be easier for our WR's to get open next year. The Anae offense is a lot less predictable than what we've had in recent years. I think a couple of our young receivers break out next year.

Even if they do we still need to bring in a couple of receivers who can play now. Our receivers were bad, we need much better then what they are.

I agree. We need one or two really experienced "target" guys. Then a couple of the young ones can grow to fill in the rotation. That would be ideal. My point is that I saw some promise last year.

Bring in one portal receiver. I believe a Junior WR from Virginia is in the portal. He definitely saw minutes. Get Cooper, Jackson established early and oh yeah get the UVA TE in the portal. He posted nice numbers this past year.

I don't think Cooper or Jackson would see the field at another ACC school. Same with Queeley. Did any of them break a single play on a bubble screen or slant. I remember we'd complete a short throw and you'd assume it was good for the first down and every time the defender would make a tackle short of the line with ease.

I can't believe Pena only caught 2 balls. And Alford only had 13 receptions. Those are the 2 guys I keep but I think we need 3 brand new WRs better than both.

Regardless I don't think Anae took the job to make lemonade with our WR group we should get 2-3 guys to transfer in who are significantly better than what we watched this year. And we are going to see an interesting name brought in to compete with Garrett.

I don't think Cooper or Jackson would see the field at another ACC school. Same with Queeley. Did any of them break a single play on a bubble screen or slant. I remember we'd complete a short throw and you'd assume it was good for the first down and every time the defender would make a tackle short of the line with ease.

I can't believe Pena only caught 2 balls. And Alford only had 13 receptions. Those are the 2 guys I keep but I think we need 3 brand new WRs better than both.

Regardless I don't think Anae took the job to make lemonade with our WR group we should get 2-3 guys to transfer in who are significantly better than what we watched this year. And we are going to see an interesting name brought in to compete with Garrett.
Do you have anything positive to say about any of our players?

I think it'll be easier for our WR's to get open next year. The Anae offense is a lot less predictable than what we've had in recent years. I think a couple of our young receivers break out next year.
I hope so. I guess we'll find out how much of a difference scheme makes.

Nope. I wasnt impressed with Phommachanh. Watched him against BC when DJ was banged up. He looks below average after being in the system for a few years and he has talent around him.

He didn't play against BC.

Against Pitt, he was 3-7 for 23 yards and 2 carries for 17

On the season in 6 games he was 11-19 > 57.9%, > 131yards and 11 carries for 71 yards.

I think people forget he tore his achilles in their spring game to, 5 months before summer camp opened.

Last edited:
Yes, I am as well.

This narrative that Dino was a deadman walking had started after he went 1-10 in 2020

I know some people on here like to say that season didn’t count but in the college football world it did.

The negative recruiting started about Dino being fired midway through the 2020 season.
Fair! Sorry misread or was holiday drunk lol. I agree with your points

He didn't play against BC.

Against Pitt, he was 3-7 for 23 yards and 2 carries for 17

On the season in 6 games he was 11-19 > 57.9%, > 131yards and 11 carries for 71 yards.

I think people forget he tore his achilles in their spring game to, 5 months before summer camp opened.
I meant lousiville. Wasnt impressed. I felt like they didnt want him to throw at all. I knew about the achilles. He did that this past spring. Most of my thoughts is from watching past spring games.

Last edited:
He’s not wrong

Our WR core is mediocre at best
Jackson was very good this year. Alford showed a ton of growth and talent. I'm a huge Hatcher fan. If the pass blocking can improve to average and Shrader hits on more of his deep throws, the WR's will look much better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom