Anae | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Anae

Del rio stinks. If Belichick was coaching today we don’t score 12.

Anae is great. We need our qb back and a line that can create thrust
Why’s Anae great? Our run game’s gone, we have 1 good wideout and our QB sold his health to get us to 6 wins.

He’s not bad but seriously what has he done so far to say hes done great?

Definitely a lot of blame to go around, our back up qb situation is not what everyone thought it was, and anae hasn't called the best games of recent. Why our best offensive weapon only had 10 carries when our qb couldn't hit open receivers will remain a question. But ill be the first to admit I/we are all just arm chair quarterbacks at this point and probably out of our depths. We don't know who's banged up ect. But here's hoping we can find another win or two along the way and close out the year in a respectable bowl game

Why’s Anae great? Our run game’s gone, we have 1 good wideout and our QB sold his health to get us to 6 wins.

He got us six wins although UConn and Wagner were teams not even close to good.

Shrader is the BIG difference here. You lose your starting QB who can run and be accurate with the best receiver you’ve got and others, you’re done. Trying to bring in Wilson with all the different variables, cadence, throwing speed, not really on board with what the offense can do or the players on the offense, esp. receivers is a huge gamble.

Wilson was bad today. Threw balls over the receivers heads and everywhere else. Didn’t even look close to what he was coming in to the second half vs. ND.

But, to blame it all on Anae is stupid, IMHO.

We lost another player today, this time another on D.

With all our loses this year I am surprised we have the record we do. Every team has to deal with injuries but to lose your starting QB you sometimes sacrifice your season unless your #2 is almost as goos as your starter. Add Elmore, Thompson, Jones, Lockett, Jasquez, Williams and now Geer. Their departure is very bad and it was very obvious how valuable they were to this team the way we played today. All were key players and their loss, I believe, is going to lead to a 6-6 record and a loss in the bowl game.

Wilson is a band aid for the moment and until he learns to throw better balls and learn the offense better we're toast and we don't stand much of a chance with only 3 games left. Imagine going to BC and losing to a loser. It's possible that will happen. And, there's nothing Anae, Dino or Beck can do with aforementioned wounded out.

White's D did not look anything I can remember short term. Pitt's backs ground their way slowly down the field at every opportunity. It's bad news but it is. Damn.

Last edited:
I think Schrader was hiding just how bad Anae has been as an OC and scheme guy. I’m honestly ready for him to just leave at this point. People complain about Dino but the implosion of the offense is on Anae. I think we saw the wheels come off in the second half of Clemson and Dino coming as close to calling him out as he ever has on anyone shows there are issues there.

Talent and depth is an issue but this OL has regressed, the WR somehow have regressed despite being bad already, and the offense is like a dead body you’re just hoping will show some sign of life.

I would be surprised if he is back next season and we don’t just move forward with Beck.
Lmao what terrible take seriously it’s crazy how quickly people abandon ship

Play calling I like. Del rio missed soooo many throws today

You can only polish a turd so much. Once GS lost his legs stuff has fallen apart. Need legs again from him

I think Schrader was hiding just how bad Anae has been as an OC and scheme guy. I’m honestly ready for him to just leave at this point. People complain about Dino but the implosion of the offense is on Anae. I think we saw the wheels come off in the second half of Clemson and Dino coming as close to calling him out as he ever has on anyone shows there are issues there.

Talent and depth is an issue but this OL has regressed, the WR somehow have regressed despite being bad already, and the offense is like a dead body you’re just hoping will show some sign of life.

I would be surprised if he is back next season and we don’t just move forward with Beck.
Silly post. Nuff’ said.

He got us six wins albeit - UConn and Wagner were not teams not even close to good.

Shrader is the BIG difference here. You lose your starting QB who can run and be accurate with the best receiver you’ve got you’re done. Trying to bring in Wilson with all the different variables, cadence, throwing speed, not really on board with what the offense can do or the players on the offense esp. receivers.

Not even close today. Threw balls over the receivers heads and everywhere else. Didn’t even look close to what he was coming in to the second half vs. ND.

But, to blame it all on Anae is stupid, IMHO.

We lost another player today this time another on D.

With all our loses this year I am surprised we have the record we do. Every team has to deal with injuries but to lose your starting QB, ELMORE, Thompson, Jones, Lockett, Jasquez, Williams and now Geer is very bad and it was very obvious how valuable they were to this team the way we played today. All were key players and their loss, I believe, is going to lead to a 6-6 record and a loss in the bowl game.

Wilson is a band aid and until he learns to throw better balls and learn the offense better we're toast and we don't stand much of a chance with only 3 games left. Imagine going to BC and losing to a loser. It's possible that will happen and there's nothing Anae, Dino or Beck can do with aforementioned wounded out.

White's D did not look anything I can remember short term. Pitt's backs ground there way slowly down the field at every opportunity. It's bad news but it is. Damn.
150 QB rating and mobile QB with a good defense= wins. Maybe leaves passes in the table taking, so be it.

Shrader has no chance of being that guy as injured as he was against nd

I was puzzled by what they were asking cdrw to do. Taking his eyes off wr, no designed runs (maybe there was one in the last fg drive, I had to pick up a kid), slow developing play

47 plays. Incredible

We are just as flawed at 6-2 as we were at 6-0 and at the beginning of the season. Not sure why any off show think differently
Yeah, people that only know how to look at records told the people to shut up that wanted to talk about the flaws when we were winning. Now those are probably the same people acting like the dome is gonna burn down.

We haven't run the ball as well this year as last and have had one dependable reciever. People had to figure that decent defenses were gonna figure that out. The close games with Purdue and Virginia was another clue. Then all of the injuries to critical players has really hurt.

It's gonna be a tough finish to the year. Hopefully Shader gets healthy and we can gut out a couple more wins.

He does call some weird plays at weird times. Today was another example we had third and goal from the 2 inch line, QB under center, and he runs a toss sweep.

Yeah I wish he sneaked it there. Just a guess but maybe he was worried about Pitt blowing up the interior (which they did all afternoon) and tried to use their aggressiveness against them?

This is an overreaction IMO

Anae has done a fine job with what he has to work with.
A strong, experienced OL.

A Heisman-level RB

A former SEC starting QB backed up by a higher-rated recruit.

A mush-mash at WR and zero at TE after Elmore.

With what we have, we should do much better against a mediocre Pitt team who allowed more yards against low-level teams at half than we got all game.

A strong, experienced OL.

A Heisman-level RB

A former SEC starting QB backed up by a higher-rated recruit.

A mush-mash at WR and zero at TE after Elmore.

With what we have, we should do much better against a mediocre Pitt team who allowed more yards against low-level teams at half than we got all game.

1. False, especially the interior

2. Tucker is good but he's not Bijan Robinson and RBs don't win the Heisman anymore

3. Good recruit but also making his 1st career start. If you can't block anybody then no QB has a chance

Wait, you want to replace the OC with someone that’s been a terrible OC since he came as the HC? Weird.

And the winner for worst post ever is….

Play calling I like. Del rio missed soooo many throws today

You can only polish a turd so much. Once GS lost his legs stuff has fallen apart. Need legs again from him

It's hard to tell how many throws he "missed." The line gets blown up every play. Calling play action on sure passing downs when Pitt knew we werent running didnt help. All it did was delay the drop by a second or two and give Pitt more time to implode the pocket. I put that on the OC.

In fairness to Anae, I am not sure how much his offense is predicated on having a functional TE. We spent the better part of three seasons running off some decent options and we're left with a kid who hails from country where (american) football is like the eighth most popular sport and a kid who wasnt good enough yet to make the two deep on the oline. That's been a major problem.

1. False, especially the interior

2. Tucker is good but he's not Bijan Robinson and RBs don't win the Heisman anymore

3. Good recruit but also making his 1st career start. If you can't block anybody then no QB has a chance
There is ZERO reason why our interior should be worse with what we had coming back and what we have. Zero.

Tucker? Really? A top rusher and the school had a Heisman campaign.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom