Anae | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Anae

Is it just me or were 90% of CDRW’s passes to a receiver with a defender ALL OVER HIM? I realize he had no time but damn can we find an open man … and not over throw him ?

Is it just me or were 90% of CDRW’s passes to a receiver with a defender ALL OVER HIM? I realize he had no time but damn can we find an open man … and not over throw him ?
It’s hard to tell on tv but it seemed like he didn’t have vision, or the receivers weren’t getting separation.

QB under center screams sneak so I think he thought they'd crowd the middle and the toss sweep would fool them. I don't know if his thinking is flawed there but J/C just run the sneak and smash everybody into the line.

Even jump over the center and stick the ball out its not a fumble once its across the goal line.

They stopped Tucker so easily that play I was surprised it wasn't offsides by their LB.

Our O the last 10 Qs has been an embarrassment. NC State is able to win games with a backup FR QB, yet we cannot even look functional? We looked like an FCS team out there today.

Our running game has been non existent all year. It is what our OL is made for yet we have been pass happy. And when we do run it is vanilla.

What is going on this year with the pass blocking scheme? How many times are we going to see our TEs one on one with DLmen, while the rest of our OL is blocking no one? It makes no sense. It isn't like we are seeing being tricked or out manned into this blocking.

I hated the call resulting in the safety. Dial up something safe and get some room. Five step drop the way we pass protect?
That was brutal.

3rd and goal on the one yard line. I figure two dive plays into the line to score a TD, no field goal. Instead a pitch back play to the short side that loses yardage, and we kick a field goal. The announcer said why run yards to gain inches. Who made that absurd call?

His passes were all over them too. Like way over them

O Line
O Line
O Line

That’s what our offensive struggles all trace back to. And for the life of me, I can’t figure out why we regressed so much from last year.
it's the question I keep asking myself too

Dr. Bob is a heck of an OC. Look at what he did at Virginia. I do think that sometimes he over thinks things like the pitch which was God awful but my focus is on the first few games when we were healthy. That O looked solid. Well organized ( with the exception of the OL jumps) and scoring on i believe every opening drive when we got the kick off. Once Tucker got hurt which was in the Ville game things started to change. Shrader was the key and as soon as he got hurt we started to fall apart. Throw in the WR who i believe would have become our number 1 threat and we are a shadow of what we will be in the future. Remember the guy just got here. Bob and Beck completely reworked shrader as a passer. 50% to over 70% with a very high rating. Injuries derailed this team and its not Bobs fault that we have a very thin roster. Hopefully once Lamson gets back and with the stud from SC coming in we will be set at the QB position for the future.
As to Carlos we will see the same improvement in him that we saw in Shrader.
We are lucky to have this guy as an OC. Let's give him more than a few months and see what he can do with a full year under his belt.

O Line
O Line
O Line

That’s what our offensive struggles all trace back to. And for the life of me, I can’t figure out why we regressed so much from last year.

Spot on. The o line has had no push. They have regressed since nc state. There is zero push and they do horribly with an blitzing or stunts.

You can not win games without at least some functioning from the o line.

Sure Ellis is out but to be honest was not playing great before. I thought sliding Dakota inside and having a more athletic tackle would be better. Maybe it’s a function though of this unit not playing enough together.

I know vet gets raked over the coals but in my opinion it’s been the guard play that’s been the biggest issue.

I also don’t know what we are doing having Tucker split out. I know it prevents them from subbing but do not see much value with him as a receiver. Put Courtney in the slot and run w Jackson, Gadsden, Alford and adams/Hatcher. If you want to go 5 wide put in queeley. At least he can block.

When the play breaks down Carlos does a good job keeping his eyes downfield. But sometimes I wish he would have tucked it and run for the first down. We need to start getting first downs instead of all these three and outs. Same goes for Tucker. He will run out of bounds instead of cutting back and trying for more yards. There is something very off there this year. I would like to see the backups get more run if their is a lingering injury concern.

TE is a problem but mang and mahar seem serviceable. Please no more o lineman in the backfield. On Tuckers dive run at the goal line Wes got completely plugged in the hole by a filling linebacker 1 yard in the backfield. Hell put darton back there in that case.

Now I feel better. But expect the exact same packages against fsu.

Spot on. The o line has had no push. They have regressed since nc state. There is zero push and they do horribly with an blitzing or stunts.

Sure Ellis is out but to be honest was not playing great before. I thought sliding Dakota inside and having a more athletic tackle would be better. Maybe it’s a function though of this unit not playing enough together.

I know vet gets raked over the coals but in my opinion it’s been the guard play that’s been the biggest issue.

I also don’t know what we are doing having Tucker split out. I know it prevents them from subbing but do not see much value with him as a receiver. Put Courtney in the slot and run w Jackson, Gadsden, Alford and adams/Hatcher. If you want to go 5 wide put in queeley. At least he can block.

When the play breaks down Carlos does a good job keeping his eyes downfield. But sometimes I wish he would have tucked it and run for the first down. We need to start getting first downs instead of all these three and outs. Same goes for Tucker. He will run out of bounds instead of cutting back and trying for more yards. There is something very off there this year. I would like to see the backups get more run if their is a lingering injury concern.

TE is a problem but mang and mahar seem serviceable. Please no more o lineman in the backfield. On Tuckers dive run at the goal line Wes got completely plugged in the hole by a filling linebacker 1 yard in the backfield. Hell put darton back there in that case.

for the hundredth time his is injured. Guys a shadow of himself but im sure they are doing everything to get him in the draft and talking about an injury isnt going to help

O Line
O Line
O Line

I'm thinking ( Schmidt ) is overwhelmed ? tons of penalties and missed blocking assignments even with Shrader as the starter and a healthy group of offensive lineman we still have these issues, when Shrader plays he has the ability to cover some of these problems. If the O'line continues to set us back and we tank the next 4 games it might be time to search for a new O'line coach.

I disagree. Mang and Mahar are not serviceable. Mahar got completely blown up on the safety. They can’t block, are worth a couple penalties a game and are non factors receiving the ball. Pitt and ND lined up with three tight ends. We don’t have one that’s serviceable. Pretty pathetic.

for the hundredth time his is injured. Guys a shadow of himself but im sure they are doing everything to get him in the draft and talking about an injury isnt going to help
The like w shrader why are they playing him?

Allen or price could give you similar production and allow the injury to heal. Either of them could have been sufficiently blown up in the backfield or split out wide to be thrown to completely covered by a linebacker.

Dr. Bob is a heck of an OC. Look at what he did at Virginia. I do think that sometimes he over thinks things like the pitch which was God awful but my focus is on the first few games when we were healthy. That O looked solid. Well organized ( with the exception of the OL jumps) and scoring on i believe every opening drive when we got the kick off. Once Tucker got hurt which was in the Ville game things started to change. Shrader was the key and as soon as he got hurt we started to fall apart. Throw in the WR who i believe would have become our number 1 threat and we are a shadow of what we will be in the future. Remember the guy just got here. Bob and Beck completely reworked shrader as a passer. 50% to over 70% with a very high rating. Injuries derailed this team and its not Bobs fault that we have a very thin roster. Hopefully once Lamson gets back and with the stud from SC coming in we will be set at the QB position for the future.
As to Carlos we will see the same improvement in him that we saw in Shrader.
We are lucky to have this guy as an OC. Let's give him more than a few months and see what he can do with a full year under his belt.
No let him leave he sucks how dare he not turn this wonderfully talented roster into gold!!!!

Yeah the guy knows what he is doing, minus moronic calls like the goal line pitch. There are no playmakers outside of GS,ST and OG2. None. The OL is soft and has regressed bigtime, and TE is abysmal. If they actually can do it right in the portal on the offensive side this off-season this will be a strong team next year because the D is going to be excellent again, even without Mikel and GW

Wilson missed 3 wide open guys by my count. Gadsden twice and Jackson.

The throws to guys being covered probably shouldn’t be made. I do wonder though if this is why Shrader holds onto the ball for so long and then just runs it, because guys are blanketed. i’m assuming that to be the case.

So we have Wilson instead making the throws to covered guys and we have Shrader waiting waiting waiting then running.

Either have to scheme guys open in a short passing game or go find some better wide outs.

Does seem that when our guys start scrambling our wide outs have no freaking clue. I know on replay we have one wr Out of bounds and several times Wilson’s motioning for a guy to get open. In past years our wide out just knew.

The like w shrader why are they playing him?

Allen or price could give you similar production and allow the injury to heal. Either of them could have been sufficiently blown up in the backfield or split out wide to be thrown to completely covered by a linebacker.

Whatever is going on they screwed it up big time. Sean is the one calling the shots he makes the staff keep him in to pad his stats against Wagner he runs out of bounds to avoid contact he plays most snaps so the backups get no shot yet when we are leading Clemson he doesn't get the rock. Incompetent and awful whatever we are doing.

I disagree. Mang and Mahar are not serviceable. Mahar got completely blown up on the safety. They can’t block, are worth a couple penalties a game and are non factors receiving the ball. Pitt and ND lined up with three tight ends. We don’t have one that’s serviceable. Pretty pathetic.
Which makes me wonder why the hell we play them. Put 4 of our 1000 fcs WR the hell over there and hope the defense sighs and says, i guess we have to cover them even though we don't want to

giants fandom is a disease and even babers and anae caught it

But but but OG2 is a tight end!

Virginia’s OLine was elite last season

Our OL had no injuries till last week against ND. They just have been meh and getting out worked

Why in the hell do we keep trotting CDRW out there. Listen Morgan may not be Uber talented but when he was out there a couple years ago he did enough to love the ball and I’m sure he knows the offense a lot better than CDRW.
You know, when Clemson's QB was having a meltdown against us, Dabo switched it up and tried the back up. It was clear CDRW was struggling all game. Dino should have tried Morgan after the 3rd quarter. He does have game experience, and was more productive in games than what CDRW was doing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom