And cue the Rutgers spin - So it begins | Syracusefan.com

And cue the Rutgers spin - So it begins

JeremyCuse

Living Legend
http://rutgers./showmsg.asp?fid=642&tid=147784349&mid=147784349&sid=988&style=2

Those are the stupid people I was referring to that don't understand football. If it was NG, there is NO GUARANTEE that Toledo drives down the field and kicks a game winning FG.

Didn't the greatest moment in Rutgers history come at the expense of a BS off sides call against Louisville?

The main poster over there Areyounuts is a Cuse Hater and the biggest Schiano kiss ass on the planet. The guy takes a shot at Cuse any chance he can get despite the fact Schiano is in year 11 and won jack . If we can get Chandler and Shamarko back next week adn get some freeking pressure on the QB we will be in great shape as RU has no running game.

I read some posts on their board tonight whereby they claim Ohio is better than Toledo. good lord. toledo almost beat ohio state on the road and hung with boise for more than a half. toledo would pound ohio.

rutties gave up over 400 yards to ohio - Ohio passed for over 300 and committed 4 turnovers. rutties returned a fumble for a touchdow to.

we might lose this weekend but we'll put up yards and score points. i have no doubt we'll shut down their ground game so if we don't turn the ball over and contain sanu we'll win.

Not to many traditionally aweful programs have such a high opinion of their program

Not to many traditionally aweful programs have such a high opinion of their program

The most delusional fan base in the country -- and it ain't close. Its a fun board to read because you almost can't believe the stuff you are reading.

I have never seen any fan base talk like they are a national power more than Rutgers. They have never finished HIGHER THAN 3rd in Big East history. Think about that as bad as the Big East has been this team has never finished 1st OR 2nd outright, its just laughable how in year 11 of the Greg Schiano era they still haven't won anything. In 2004 in a 6 team Big East even SU got a share of the Big East title. Hell UConn has shared 2 Big East titles. During RU's "dream season" want to know who they beat in the bowl game? Kansas State in the Texas Bowl, the same team we beat the Pinstripe Bowl. I realize the Big East bowls suck, but still that is hilarious their dream season bowl game was against Kansas State. NEWSFLASH to RU fans NONE of the mediocre teams you play in non-conference games are tougher than Big East games even if you crow about it just to make it seem like you are playing tough schedules. Greg Schiano's most impressive non-conference wins are against a 5-win Michigan State in 2004, 4-win Illinois team in 2006, and conference wins are against Louisville in 2006, and Pittsburgh in 2007. When I actually looked at that it and Schiano is being paid 2 million a year it made me laugh. What a gig if you can get it I mean congrats Rutgers fans you are guys are mediocre and beat SU during the GRob years, but all I can say is sorry we are leaving you guys behind in the Big East. It will be a sad day when I won't be treated to champagne style trash talk on a beer style results on the field.

Just sticking up for their (future) MAC brethren. Personally, I hate that rooting for your conference to win stuff.

Just sticking up for their (future) MAC brethren. Personally, I hate that rooting for your conference to win stuff.
I hate rooting for... wait a second! ;)

Not clicking that

Next week we put it together offensively from the beginning.

They're getting an insane amount of turnovers - not sure what's up with that.

Toledo > RU

Not clicking that

Next week we put it together offensively from the beginning.

They're getting an insane amount of turnovers - not sure what's up with that.

Toledo > RU

They swipe at the ball or punch at it from behind and when a teammate has the ball carrier. They've done a nice job at it and it's saved their butts against NC because they game should have been a lot worse than it was. This is something I'd like to see SU get better at because it would be nice to get a turnover once in a while because the offense has had to work the long part of the field a lot so far this year. Case and point, Toledo snaps over their qb's head, they get it. SU does it and Toledo gets 20 yards extra and the ball.

SU has a lot to work on and hopefully we'll get healthy because we struggled against Sanu alone in the backfield last year and Toledo worked us doing that too.

My favorite delusional Rutgers post of this week was that they get put on ESPN3 more than everyone else because ESPN wants to launch the product and Rutgers has a big fanbase.

just more delusional rants from folks who want desperately to belief their own BS.

Speaking of rants, here's a good one from Dennis Miller

You can bet that Marrone has had this game marked on the calendar since the end of last season... I think we are going to see another severe beat down like the one we gave them 2 years ago that effectively ruined Tom Savage's football career.

after we beat them for the 3rd straight year, will they finally realize they suck and do not belong in a BCS conference anymore?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom