And from Piscataway, NJ checking in at #21 in the CBS Sports Top 25+1 poll | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

And from Piscataway, NJ checking in at #21 in the CBS Sports Top 25+1 poll

I didn’t even know they still played basketball. Shows how much I follow them in the big10.

seriously? r they a recruiting rival? do we get nj players? odd that many of the usual mockers,naysayers, and sarcastic comments folks have not commented on their improvement .
it is always amazing to see how short sighted some are, and do not see the bigger picture. they put rutgers down because of the name. and cannot see past it there will competitive impact in recruiting .
lets where they at the end of the season---they r not great but have made substantial progress ---wonder why that is??
I know you are a huge Rutgers fan from your posts on the football board but when did Rutgers become a recruiting rival in basketball? And when did SU basketball stop getting NJ players? Nobody here cares about Rutgers and the cute season they are having thus far. Lets see how they fare with OSU/Michigan/Michigan St/ etc before anointing them. That is historically probably the worst power 5 basketball team in the country.

I know you are a huge Rutgers fan from your posts on the football board but when did Rutgers become a recruiting rival in basketball? And when did SU basketball stop getting NJ players? Nobody here cares about Rutgers and the cute season they are having thus far. Lets see how they fare with OSU/Michigan/Michigan St/ etc before anointing them. That is historically probably the worst power 5 basketball team in the country.

9600+ posts in "The all-inclusive Rutgers Dumpster Fire Thread" would seem to indicate that somebody here cares about RU.

Syracuse still recruits at a much higher level than Rutgers. They are doing this with almost all 3* and unrated guys
As bad as our recruiting is wake me when Rutgers gets a top 75 recruit like goodine. Or the number one player from Canada.

9600+ posts in "The all-inclusive Rutgers Dumpster Fire Thread" would seem to indicate that somebody here cares about RU.

No doubt. Moreover, it's quite interesting that so many generally "positive" labeled type posters here post in a thread with the words "dumpster fire" in it. If not for UConn's 4 titles in hoops, I wonder if there would also be a dedicated UConn "dumpster fire" type thread that no one "cares about." ;):)

No doubt. Moreover, it's quite interesting that so many generally "positive" labeled type posters here post in a thread with the words "dumpster fire" in it. If not for UConn's 4 titles in hoops, I wonder if there would also be a dedicated UConn "dumpster fire" type thread that no one "cares about." ;):)

UConn could win 10 titles and I’d still trash them. It’s always funny to see Syracuse fans get to upset when people trash talk rivals.

It’s sports. It’s fun to “hate” your rivals.

Correct me if I'm wrong but that is on the football board? This is on the basketball board and more specifically about Rutgers bball. There is zero rivalry in basketball and Rutgers holds no recruiting threat at this time like was alluded to.

uh huh. Tons of posts about Rutgers hoops too.

Correct me if I'm wrong but that is on the football board? This is on the basketball board and more specifically about Rutgers bball. There is zero rivalry in basketball and Rutgers holds no recruiting threat at this time like was alluded to.

I've seen plenty of posts on this board about RU basketball over the years even though we haven't been in the same league as them for nearly a decade. Kinda strange imo. As are the football related posts.

UConn could win 10 titles and I’d still trash them. It’s always funny to see Syracuse fans get to upset when people trash talk rivals.

It’s sports. It’s fun to “hate” your rivals.

Upset, I doubt most of those fans are actually upset, that's more likely to be simply your own thinking as it applies to your own opinion. Myself, I think many of those "upset" folks think no doubt it's fun to trash your rivals, in good fun, etc., but also realizing the superior feat that they have achieved over ours relative to national titles. So, they have the last laugh in that regard no matter how much our fans revel in their own rational & perspective.

I've seen plenty of posts on this board about RU basketball over the years even though we haven't been in the same league as them for nearly a decade. Kinda strange imo. As are the football related posts.

Yeah, just because it's on the football side hardly means hoop talk isn't in it. I mean, it's the "all inclusive" Rutgers dumpster fire thread after all. :)

Perhaps worst of all, we've lost noted SU fan Todd Frazier (I know he went to Rutgers, but he's still a huge SU basketball fan):

1578686660728.png

no one anointed them. i caution about them BECOMING a recruiting rival and the point that they have a very good coach, i defend my stance on pikiell, dislike the arrogance and condescending attitude of many who are clueless. as for huge fan, if you call defending myself re idiotic and personally directed commentary so be it.
you have no idea who i am or what my allegiance is. who are you? have you read anything i said that that says that they ARE great,or A CURRENT RECRUITING RIVAL. just make it up as u go . by the way i already stated lets see how the season ends.----or did you miss that too.

no one anointed them. i caution about them BECOMING a recruiting rival and the point that they have a very good coach, i defend my stance on pikiell, dislike the arrogance and condescending attitude of many who are clueless. as for huge fan, if you call defending myself re idiotic and personally directed commentary so be it.
you have no idea who i am or what my allegiance is. who are you? have you read anything i said that that says that they ARE great,or A CURRENT RECRUITING RIVAL. just make it up as u go . by the way i already stated lets see how the season ends.----or did you miss that too.
Haha I could care less who you are as I'm sure you the same for me. What I have noticed is that anytime Rutgers is mentioned that you come flying in putting them on a pedestal. Everyone is clueless but you are so well informed I got it. You have zero evidence that Pikiell is a good coach. He has had his struggles and maybe, just maybe, they turned the corner this year and will make either the Big Dance or NIT in year 4. This could be his first time having a winning record wow.

"seriously? r they a recruiting rival? do we get nj players? "

The above is exactly what you posted indicates that you think they are a recruiting rival and that SU Does not get NJ players. 2 things that are factually incorrect.

As bad as our recruiting is wake me when Rutgers gets a top 75 recruit like goodine. Or the number one player from Canada.

I long for the days when landing a top 75 recruit or the best player in Canada wasn't a big deal.

seriously? r they a recruiting rival? do we get nj players? odd that many of the usual mockers,naysayers, and sarcastic comments folks have not commented on their improvement .
it is always amazing to see how short sighted some are, and do not see the bigger picture. they put rutgers down because of the name. and cannot see past it there will competitive impact in recruiting .
lets where they at the end of the season---they r not great but have made substantial progress ---wonder why that is??
Pikell is a good coach but how long is he staying there. Their facilities suck. What's the ceiling there every 3 years being a 10 or 11 seed?

Honestly we shouldn’t care about this.
Last year we were an 8 seed and it was an underachieving season.
Congrats if they make the tournament I mean it’s not hard.
They should make the tournament that shouldn’t be a real accomplishment for a P5 team.
We won at Duke and made the tournament easily and we're disappointed. They do that at rutgirls they are building statues and giving lifetime extensions. They made a big fuss over beating ped st lol.

I know Pikell is a UConn guy but if he can do this for the next 2-3 years at Rutgers he’s someone I’d reach out to after JB leaves

Haha I could care less who you are as I'm sure you the same for me. What I have noticed is that anytime Rutgers is mentioned that you come flying in putting them on a pedestal. Everyone is clueless but you are so well informed I got it. You have zero evidence that Pikiell is a good coach. He has had his struggles and maybe, just maybe, they turned the corner this year and will make either the Big Dance or NIT in year 4. This could be his first time having a winning record wow.

The above is exactly what you posted indicates that you think they are a recruiting rival and that SU Does not get NJ players. 2 things that are factually incorrect.
it is meant that they could be / will be if they continue to rise. do we get nj players means ,answer the question yes or no. obviously we do. all the more reason to pay attention!!! all i i have stated is about their continued and steady improvement. as far as pikiell look at his history at stonybrook
you exaggerate, i do not put them on a pedestal but challenge the obnoxious comments and arrogance of many who make fun, but keep their head in the sand as to what impacts the programs.
you, my friend, made a comment about being a huge rutgers fan. you my friend are clueless --i will not go into my su history. i will take the same liberty and say that you are a arm chair syracuse fan, and classic of never seeing the forest through the trees

Yup. I posted earlier in this thread three recent recruits (Tyus Battle, Tyler Roberson, Malachi Richardson) from NJ.

No response.

I guess if you ignore it, it's not true. 1578701246200.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom