And I thought Buddy... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

And I thought Buddy...

There is a difference between watching a lesser player play a bulk of the minutes while you sit like he did here and playing in a rotation where nobody gets 30 plus minutes.
for a top 25 team.

also reminder preseason that JB said, on the record, that player would still be coming off the bench for our team. Behind a lineup that is currently 7-8

Sure.

Howard had zippy handle when he got here. When he finished this place was up in arms that he DQ-ed himself b/c it cost us in March.

Marek wouldn't shoot an open jumper when he first got here for a carton of cigs. By the time he left he was knocking down shots.

Buddy is doing things on the court no one thought he could do when he got here. Edwards is doing things he wasn't doing when he got here.
I wouldn’t include Buddy only because much of that was his work with Devo when he wasn’t on staff and was being paid for by his dad.

It’ll be hard for Buddy to make it as an NBA player, much less anyone who will get in a rotation. He is a pure catch and shoot shooter and really can’t do much else, both on the defensive and offensive end. Who else do you know in the NBA that fits this mold? Like a joe Harris or Kyle Korver type? But I don’t see Buddy shooting anywhere like him, more of a poor man’s Korver (and poor man’s Korvers aren’t making NBA teams).

It’ll be hard for Buddy to make it as an NBA player, much less anyone who will get in a rotation. He is a pure catch and shoot shooter and really can’t do much else, both on the defensive and offensive end. Who else do you know in the NBA that fits this mold? Like a joe Harris or Kyle Korver type? But I don’t see Buddy shooting anywhere like him, more of a poor man’s Korver (and poor man’s Korvers aren’t making NBA teams).
Kyle korvers worst three pointing shooting year he shot 42.9%, in buddy’s best he shot 39.3% (and is currently at 32%). Overall korver was a 45 percent three point shooter in his career on a lot of attempts. Thats what it takes to make the league solely on shooting - buddy, for all the good he does, simply isn’t in that ballpark (almost no one is).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom