And so it begins re: PSU recruit | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

And so it begins re: PSU recruit

Who have they formed a relationship with? This is a legitimate question that I'm curious about not some troll-isk question.

Anyone they've recruited. If we're offering scholarships, the coaching staff has to have some contact with these kids.

Here are there current WR's.

19 Justin Brown WR SR/SR 6-3/209 Wilmington, Del./Concord
15 Alex Kenney WR JR/SO 6-0/193 State College, Pa./State College Area
81 Shawney Kersey wR SR/JR 6-1/199 Woodbury, N.J./Woodbury
17 Christian Kuntz WR SR/JR 6-4/222 Camp Hill, Pa./Trinity
4 Evan Lewis WR GS/SR 5-10/180 Gettysburg, Pa./Gettysburg
85 Brandon Moseby-Felder WR SR/JR 6-2/188 Fort Washington, Md./Oxon Hill
6 Shane Phillips WR SO/FR 6-5/192 St. Albans, N.Y./August Martin
8 Allen Robinson WR SO/SO 6-3/199 Southfield, Mich./Orchard Lake St. Mary's
80 Matt Zanellato WR SO/FR 6-3/195 Burke, Va./Lake Braddock Secondary

Incoming August Freshman
Eugene Lewis - Plymouth, PA 6-2 180 4 Star
Tevor Williams - Towson, MD 6-2 190 3 Star

Hodge's twitter profile says he's from Georgia, but Penn State doesn't have any players from that state.

DT DaQuan Jones 6'3 317 Johnson City (Broome County) an hour away. OL's would be nice though! Glad to be part of this site. It is nice to read positive info about the programs>

Kids are going to have to move quick if they want to get to a school before camp opens. 2 - 3 weeks tops.

We've reached out to a few.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

We've reached out to a few.

Yeah heard the same but I think some are jumping on the gun on SU getting some big haul out of PSU, I got the feeling from the person I talked to that the competition is going to be fierce and SU would be happy with 1-2 players if any.

Yeah heard the same but I think some are jumping on the gun on SU getting some big haul out of PSU, I got the feeling from the person I talked to that the competition is going to be fierce and SU would be happy with 1-2 players if any.

Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Nothing ventured nothing gained.

I have zero issue with SU reaching out in fact I applaud and would be pissed if they didn't, I just hope posters on here realize SU isnt going to end up with some huge haul of players and if we dont bring anyone in or just 1-2 players its not the end of the world.

By the way, Marrone is very close to the Jones family. He has a close connection to his dad.

I have zero issue with SU reaching out in fact I applaud and would be pissed if they didn't, I just hope posters on here realize SU isnt going to end up with some huge haul of players and if we dont bring anyone in or just 1-2 players its not the end of the world.

Who's expecting a huge haul?

I asked him about his brother. He said that he was a redshirt freshman last year

Looks like IB got it right, it's probably Phillips. Can't find anything on the guy on Scout or Rivals. Was he a walk-on?

Well, he's rangy. Can't teach rangy. Adept at catching underthrown balls, which is all his QB threw. Not fast or elusive, but maybe he deliberately slowed himself down so that he wouldn't outrun the QB's arm. I could see him as a preferred walk-on. Maybe he puts on weight and ends up in the TE rotation.

Phillips and Jones would be the two that would be most likley, IMO knowing their history, relationships with coaches, HS coaches, etc. I believe that Phillips was considering transferring earlier this summer. I just don'tunderstand how people could think it would be anymore than 1-2 kids that we will ever wind up with from PSU. Last time I checked there are plenty of other 1A schools with the same objectives.

If Marrone is any type of coach, and understands the game, he will land the entire offense and defense from PSU, all this with the the PSU HC being one of his best friends, who is a first year HC in an almost impossible situation. That would make for a nice chat on vacation. Come on Doug, What is wrong with you? Get it done... It's just "business" Unreal

Well, he's rangy. Can't teach rangy. Adept at catching underthrown balls, which is all his QB threw. Not fast or elusive, but maybe he deliberately slowed himself down so that he wouldn't outrun the QB's arm. I could see him as a preferred walk-on. Maybe he puts on weight and ends up in the TE rotation.

from scholarship at PSU to preferred walk on at SU, yep I can see that too

[quote="If Marrone is any type of coach, and understands the game, he will land the entire offense and defense from PSU, all this with the the PSU HC being one of his best friends, who is a first year HC in an almost impossible situation. That would make for a nice chat on vacation. Come on Doug, What is wrong with you? Get it done... It's just "business" Unreal"[/quote]

I like how you think IB! Ha!

Phillips and Jones would be the two that would be most likley, IMO knowing their history, relationships with coaches, HS coaches, etc. I believe that Phillips was considering transferring earlier this summer. I just don'tunderstand how people could think it would be anymore than 1-2 kids that we will ever wind up with from PSU. Last time I checked there are plenty of other 1A schools with the same objectives.

If Marrone is any type of coach, and understands the game, he will land the entire offense and defense from PSU, all this with the the PSU HC being one of his best friends, who is a first year HC in an almost impossible situation. That would make for a nice chat on vacation. Come on Doug, What is wrong with you? Get it done... It's just "business" Unreal

Can you show us where "people could think it would be anymore than 1-2"

I would be thrilled with 1-2. I would be thrilled with one. It's a bonus...

If they can make an impact from Day 1, even better.

I think the biggest things that we head into camp with is A) no ridiculous off-the-field situations like last year, and B) a relatively (save a WR or two) healthy bunch (knock on wood).

from scholarship at PSU to preferred walk on at SU, yep I can see that too

IB: I went back through the 2009 class. As far as I can tell, this guy is not a scholarship player. Not listed as a scholy commit in either Rivals or Scout.

So, I'm guessing he's a walk-on at Penn State. Could be wrong, though. He may have been awarded a scholy after initially walking on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom