And so it begins re: PSU recruit | Syracusefan.com

And so it begins re: PSU recruit

PhatOrange

Living Legend
Two DL from nj switched to unc. Db Ross Douglas (su offer) visiting lincoln

Webb had an SU offer as well, not to mention offers from practically every big school in the country. Pretty apparent that these two were a package deal as they're both from the same HS.

Douglas is who I want. Hope the staff feels the same way.

Webb had an SU offer as well, not to mention offers from practically every big school in the country. Pretty apparent that these two were a package deal as they're both from the same HS.

Former SU walk on is an assistant coach at this high school.

Unfortunately we probably won't get anyone.
Then look to the next level - kids we've had contact with but are leaning to other schools that are getting recruited over by PSU decommits.

Then look to the next level - kids we've had contact with but are leaning to other schools that are getting recruited over by PSU decommits.

Exactly. At a minimum it will have a trickle down affect. There are probably recruits out there that were considering PSU as well that are not now that we're involved with.

Also--there may be a mas exodus from PSU after this season and before next. It's pretty late for those on campus presently to be moving on, but the sanctions allow them to transfer next year with the same deal.

Kids are going to have to move quick if they want to get to a school before camp opens. 2 - 3 weeks tops.

Kids are going to have to move quick if they want to get to a school before camp opens. 2 - 3 weeks tops.

And that is why SU is a very viable option. It's only a couple hours away from where they were planning on going and there is headroom on the roster this year for a couple of more kids this semester.

And that is why SU is a very viable option. It's only a couple hours away from where they were planning on going and there is headroom on the roster this year for a couple of more kids this semester.

Yep. I would not be shocked to see 2-4 kids end up at SU as a result of this. Hopefully big ugly offensive linemen.

Yep. I would not be shocked to see 2-4 kids end up at SU as a result of this. Hopefully big ugly offensive linemen.

Hope you're both right--nabbing a starting caliber OL would be pretty freaking sweet, and would really help our offense this year.

Why would they disrupt themselves? The penalty was/is a joke. WhoTF cares about past games? They were played and revenues received and players moved on with their lives. This is a pure Non Sequitur.:bang:

Why would they disrupt themselves? The penalty was/is a joke. WhoTF cares about past games? They were played and revenues received and players moved on with their lives. This is a pure Non Sequitur.:bang:
Any kid that goes to PSU this season and does not redshirt will never be allowed to play in a bowl game. Not that they'll need to worry, with the reduced scholarships and the competitiveness of the Big Ten, they won't win enough games to be bowl eligible anyway during that stretch.

No bowl games is a big issue for current roster players and some of the incoming frosh will have their scholly offers pulled in order to comply with the reductions. They will lose some players, no doubt about it. How many remains to be seen.

I really would be shocked if we didn't land any of their players/commits. The current staff developed relationships with around 15 or so players that are either currently on the PSU roster or are currently committed. The school is 4.5 hours away and a large amount of their roster is from the OH/PA/NJ area and the Northeast. You have to think that would add up to 1 or 2 players at a minimum.

Sorry, I may be the only one, but I would be shocked if we get any. I would have much higher hopes if the NCAA forced those transfers to count against the 85 roster limit number, but their making an exception, so any school can grab these guys.

No clue who this young man is, or who his brother would be, but read this on Twitter:

Tafarie@SlowBucks_Farie
My brother need to Leave Penn state now ! Go to Syracuse ma n!&%a !

Tafarie@SlowBucks_Farie
My brother plays receiver for Penn state , he prolly bout to transfer to Syracuse .

A couple of months ago there was a PSU player that was thinking about coming here. Nothing came of it then.

A couple of months ago there was a PSU player that was thinking about coming here. Nothing came of it then.

I think the players most likely to be affected by the situation are the current commits and the incoming frosh, especially those not from the state of PA. They'd be the most likely not to be caught under the PSU "cult of football".

Apparently Hackenberg is going to go elsewhere. Looks like he has narrowed it down to Auburn and South Carolina. This may trigger a mass exodus.

not a lot of wr on that roster to help su this year other than Brown

I really would be shocked if we didn't land any of their players/commits. The current staff developed relationships with around 15 or so players that are either currently on the PSU roster or are currently committed. The school is 4.5 hours away and a large amount of their roster is from the OH/PA/NJ area and the Northeast. You have to think that would add up to 1 or 2 players at a minimum.

Who have they formed a relationship with? This is a legitimate question that I'm curious about not some troll-isk question.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom