Andre Szmyt Named Groza Award Winner | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Andre Szmyt Named Groza Award Winner

bump...keep voting...the LSU guy is way ahead in the fan vote

How many votes are there for the full thing? Will this one fan vote pretty much ensure the win for whoever gets it?

Looks like there are 300+ voters, I.e. coaches, sports info directors, former finalists, nfl kickers, etc...couldn't quickly find a list...

i dont think anyone who votes probably watched to see it miss that badly..

still had he made the ND and BC kicks he might well set the FG record and he has 141 pts in the season that record is 157.

28 and needs 4 to set that record
needs 17 pts.. so if he gets the 4 he needs 5 xps..

can we get 47?

or 5 and 2 and we score 29?

only a couple guys are close to hes perc and they have way less kicks.

he broke the FR season fg record though

Him being a freshman probably works against him in a voter's "tie breaker" mindset. Oh he was this good as a freshman, he has 3 more chances to win it.

It's stupid, but I'd wager it factors into some people's thought process, if it's close in their minds.

When will we find out the announcement?

No matter how it turns out, he's had an incredible season and received well-deserved accolades. SU has had a lot of great kickers with a long-term PAT streak at one point. Maybe he'll be the best of all. He's been a wonderful surprise with great hopes for his career. Kudos to you, Mr. Andre Szmyt...

He deserves it. He has better stats head to head with the LSU kicker, and attempted 15 more kicks than the Wyoming kicker. It's a lot easier to have a high make % when you attempt 17 FG's total.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom