Class of 2016 - Andrew White iii... the third | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Andrew White iii... the third

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not starting conflict at all--HoustonCuse [who I was directly responding to] are on great terms. That was a jab at a disagreement we've been having about Gillon's potential / role on this team since it was announced that Gillon committed.

It was a poke at his position, just like his Chris Paul thing was a poke at mine.

He's right. Just having some fun. But I also do have measured expectations. We will see how it all plays out as we watch the season but I can tell you I don't intend on being in some "told you so" camp if Gillon turns out to be mediocre. That's not my idea of being a fan. I don't want to be a fan like that, if I get to that I'll just have to hang em up! I want him to be awesome.

No so sure about that. Z was amazing that year and he was perfect for the team. It may have been subtraction by addition if we had him instead of Z.
We will never know, but I don't think in terms of Z or Marbury... Z at the point with Marbury at the shooting guard works pretty good imo...

He's right. Just having some fun. But I also do have measured expectations. We will see how it all plays out as we watch the season but I can tell you I don't intend on being in some "told you so" camp if Gillon turns out to be mediocre. That's not my idea of being a fan. I don't want to be a fan like that, if I get to that I'll just have to hang em up! I want him to be awesome.
Me neither--friendly banter, that's all.

Is it possible that there are no classes available in the summer that he can take in his chosen avanced field of study, therefore he can't get aid now, and can't be on campus?

Is it possible that there are no classes available in the summer that he can take in his chosen avanced field of study, therefore he can't get aid now, and can't be on campus?

Its definitely plausible that he isn't there / enrolled now [no idea about availabilty of classes; plus, taking "extra" classes in the summer to have a lesser workload during the two season semesters might not be as big of a driver for graduate students].

Not sure if he "can't" be on campus--I'd have to think they could work something out to have him there before fall semester begins. Especially since he's a prime hoops recruit.

Its definitely plausible that he isn't there / enrolled now [no idea about availabilty of classes; plus, taking "extra" classes in the summer to have a lesser workload during the two season semesters might not be as big of a driver for graduate students].

Not sure if he "can't" be on campus--I'd have to think they could work something out to have him there before fall semester begins. Especially since he's a prime hoops recruit.
If he is not on scholarship, that would be an extra benefit, I believe.

But per o13 he was at least pre registering last week and communicating with advisor(s). Even if just in case, like with MC, seems to indicate course availability.

I see what you mean, but I find it hard to believe he committed to Syracuse on his visit without a guarantee to start. He cancelled his last two visits to Oklahoma and Texas A&M before he left campus. I don't think he does that without a promise of some sort.

JB seems more like the type to say, "We can see you filling role 'X' for us" than outright promising anything. I think he has too much experience to do that.

JB seems more like the type to say, "We can see you filling role 'X' for us" than outright promising anything. I think he has too much experience to do that.

Exactly. I see no way Boeheim would put himself in that kind of position. That would make very little sense. He's not going to be handcuffed to something like that NOR is he going to tell a kid one thing and do the opposite. Just not Jimmy's style.

This is why I think it is possible the hold up is JB deciding if he will acquiesce to certain stipulations or not.

I have no idea what is or isn't going on but I'm tired of hearing that communication is a problem because of the Olympics. Hello, it's 2016. Hello. Hello.
I really thought that today was the day and that Andrew White was going to announce that he was coming to Syracuse. Not that the Olympics have anything to do with it, but he knows JAB is tied up with Team USA, so I thought he would be courteous and make the announcement. Not much to say anymore. I'm guessing he either committed to the coaches and it hasn't gone public due to some reason or he's still searching for the brass ring and he is looking for an excuse not to come to Syracuse.
brass-ring-150x150.jpg

Seriously now, what's up??? What difference does it make where JB and Hop are physically located? In this day and age ...
I can't be specific just to gain "credibility". Like the moderators told me - I will share in general what I know without putting anyone in jeapordy.

Maybe he wants to hold a joint news conference with JB and hop to make his announcement?:noidea:

But per o13 he was at least pre registering last week and communicating with advisor(s). Even if just in case, like with MC, seems to indicate course availability.
Pre register is for the fall semester. SU's 2nd summer session is 7/5 - 8/12.

Pre register is for the fall semester. SU's 2nd summer session is 7/5 - 8/12.
Right, so since there's only a week left, what summer classes could possibly have been available to him - even a week or 2 ago? But you may be right about aid not kicking in yet. Doesn't it once registration is complete? He should be done with that by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom