Class of 2016 - Andrew White iii... the third | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Andrew White iii... the third

Status
Not open for further replies.
One could almost surmise this is now a game of who blinks first between JB and the Whites...
Capitulate, then do what's best for the team regardless. The kid isn't going to transfer again. He gone.

Capt. Tuttle said:
Capitulate, then do what's best for the team regardless. The kid isn't going to transfer again. He gone.
You can't do that in the grad transfer market if you ever want another one.

not necessarily negotiate *for* him, but confirm everyone is on the same page as to AW's specific role on the team

I hear you.

But you know how this goes: by tomorrow, it will be board "fact" that JB is in tense, standoff negotiations with White's family that aren't going well and could fall apart at any moment--a situation exacerbated by JB being in Rio and not able to sit down with them face-to-face to effect damage control...

Last edited:
I hear you.

But you know how this goes: by tomorrow, it will be board "fact" that JB is in tense, standoff negotiations with White's family that aren't going well and could fall apart at any moment--a situation exacerbated by JB being in Rio and not able to sit down with them face-to-face...
the thing is, what everyone seems to forget...is that JB could negotiate, guarantee, whatever...but once the tip is up...its basically all out the window.

JB goes into 'Win the game' mode.

and usually wins.

the thing is, what everyone seems to forget...is that JB could negotiate, guarantee, whatever...but once the tip is up...its basically all out the window.

JB goes into 'Win the game' mode.

and usually wins.

My guess is that White is trying to confirm he will be no lower than 7th on the roster...

My guess is that White is trying to confirm he will be no lower than 7th on the roster...
That may very well be true. Most of us will never know what the hold up is, but I am hoping that it is the family that wants guarantees, while Andrew himself wants to compete to be a starter and knows he is good enough to be not only a starter, but a leader of another Final Four team.

That may very well be true. Most of us will never know what the hold up is, but I am hoping that it is the family that wants guarantees, while Andrew himself wants to compete to be a starter and knows he is good enough to be not only a starter, but a leader of another Final Four team.
Or it could just be the normal hold ups with transcripts, admission to the grad. program, registration, living quarters, etc...

Oh I dont know, maybe the hold up is White is like "can you guarantee me this or that blah blah blah"

and Coach is like, "what? guarantee? how the hell will I know anything until you actually play? I can only guarantee you the opportunity."

Kids who look for guarantees never made sense to me.

If you're good enough, you'll get the PT you want. If you aren't good, you won't. No guarantee will supersede the good of the team

Especially at this stage in the game, if it was all about pt and shots, he could have stayed at Nebraska and got all the pt and shots in the world. He is obviously looking for something else.

Kids who look for guarantees never made sense to me.

If you're good enough, you'll get the PT you want. If you aren't good, you won't. No guarantee will supersede the good of the team
Yet numerous board members believe that neither AW nor Gillon would come here without guarantees of starting.

I've heard JB say on numerous occasions that he never gives guarantees. The last time I heard it was a while ago. Maybe he's changed.

Yet numerous board members believe that neither AW nor Gillon would come here without guarantees of starting.

I've heard JB say on numerous occasions that he never gives guarantees. The last time I heard it was a while ago. Maybe he's changed.
I doubt JB gives unconditional "guarantees". He's been around too long for that. That said, we all know that he's very loyal to elite guys he brings in. DC2 has started (virtually) every game when healthy. JB's done this with other high level recruits. If they don't perform, he subs someone in (if he has a sub). There's no greater assurance a player can ask for ... no one, guarantee or not, is going to play if he can't check his guy, is fouling everyone but the ball boy and/or can't hit the backboard.

Obviously, the 3's wide open at SU with no one in direct competition. Without White, JB would have to rotate TB there (undersized) or TL (oversized). It's ideal for White's game. He knows we need a wing shooter and defender/rebounder on the baseline on D, and that if he comes in we have all the pieces for another FF run (maybe better). I don't see how fussing over "guarantees" changes any of that. He can shoot. We need him. He'll very likely start. Get your gear and get in the car.

Last edited:
I doubt JB gives unconditional "guarantees". He's been around too long for that. But we all know that he's very loyal to elite guys he brings in. DC2 has started (virtually) every game when healthy. JB's done this with other high level recruits. If they don't perform, he subs someone in (if he has a sub). There's no greater assurance a player can ask for ... no one, guarantee or not, is going to play if he can't check his guy and/or can't hit the backboard.

Obviously, the 3's wide open at SU with no one in direct competition. Without White, JB would have to rotate TB there (undersized) or TL (oversized). It's ideal for White's game. He knows we need a wing shooter and defender/rebounder on the baseline on D, and that if he comes in we have all the pieces for another FF run (maybe better). I don't see how fussing over "guarantees" changes any of that. He can shoot. We need him. He'll very likely start. Get your gear and get in the car.
Go potty first...I don't care if you don't have to go right now, go in there and try. Because, I am not stopping.

I'm always scared of people who want a guarantee. Whether it's starting or playing time it seems like a weak minded thing. I'm not saying White is doing this. Just saying. I do commercial real estate and I swear every deal I've worked on when a tenant fights a personal guaranty results in them filing for bankruptcy or midnight moving or something within 2 years. It's never a good sign they are thinking about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom