Class of 2016 - Andrew White iii... the third | Page 48 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Andrew White iii... the third

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, imo, White's apparent uncertainty is a direct reflection of his own confidence and abilities. JB always plays to win, and he can care a less about who gets how many minutes and/or sharing the wealth, etc.. It's the most significant reason why we typically only play 7 guys (meaningful) minutes over his 40 yr. coaching history, and why his starters generally always play well over 30 minutes/game. So, if White is as good as he may think he is, and, if he has done even a smidgen of homework on JB's history when it comes to his best player's primarily always being on the floor, White shouldn't worry at all about his minutes...unless, of course, he lacks some confidence in his own abilities.
Agree. As discussed yesterday, what is his other option at this point? Apparently Miami, MSU and VCU are out.

welp, in any case, I'm now resigned to this not being settled until at least after the Olympics, i.e. week of Aug 21 at the earliest
I think it's resolved between the principals. Some folks just have a bee in their bonnet because the public hasn't been informed.

Last edited:
I think it's resolved between the principals. Some folks just have a new in their bonnet because the public hasn't been informed.
OK, so then the reason neither school nor player have confirmed it would be.....

(no, sorry, you're wrong)

I love reading the comments wondering if we should even still want him, which is the same as what happened with TT. (this is not in reference to any specific person, just I've seen this on here and on Twitter, for both AW and TT)

COME ON GUYS!!!

Of course we still want AW3. He's a potential game changer, a potential final piece, our potential leading scorer, a future pro, etc... You don't turn those kids away when you have no depth, simply because he's taking his time and prolonging is decision. That's his right, and every single SU fan should respect that. If this was 5-10 years ago, before the proliferation of Twitter/Instagram/Snapchat/etc, the 24/7 news cycle and the need to have news immediately, we'd all just be hoping for a commitment from him and waiting for that decision whenever it may be. We'd hardly be wondering if we still want him and going nuts about him getting his shots up in the Richmond gym or taking a visit to Miami.

AW3 is the absolute perfect fit for this program and especially this roster. He checks off every box for what this team lacks...veteran scorer, elite shooter, another guard, ability to play the 3, etc. Why would anybody consider turning that away at this point?!?!?

Agree. As discussed yesterday, what is his other option at this point? Apparently Miami, MSU and VCU are out.
New D-League franchise -
Greensboro Swarm?

You know what I think the problem is here? I think it is that White never speaks. If White had said after the syracuse visit, boy I loved it but I want to visit other schools. I want to go visit Michigan State. I want to visit Miami. maybe one or two others. I have to get this right. I will have a decision by say 8/20/. No one here would be freaking out. The process would be playing itself out. But the lack of any statements has us filling in the blanks. And the right answers rarely come from people on the outside filling in the blanks.

I love reading the comments wondering if we should even still want him, which is the same as what happened with TT. (this is not in reference to any specific person, just I've seen this on here and on Twitter, for both AW and TT)

COME ON GUYS!!!

Of course we still want AW3. He's a potential game changer, a potential final piece, our potential leading scorer, a future pro, etc... You don't turn those kids away when you have no depth, simply because he's taking his time and prolonging is decision. That's his right, and every single SU fan should respect that. If this was 5-10 years ago, before the proliferation of Twitter/Instagram/Snapchat/etc, the 24/7 news cycle and the need to have news immediately, we'd all just be hoping for a commitment from him and waiting for that decision whenever it may be. We'd hardly be wondering if we still want him and going nuts about him getting his shots up in the Richmond gym or taking a visit to Miami.

AW3 is the absolute perfect fit for this program and especially this roster. He checks off every box for what this team lacks...veteran scorer, elite shooter, another guard, ability to play the 3, etc. Why would anybody consider turning that away at this point?!?!?

My view is this - if the staff has decided AW woukd be important piece to this team and players know he is coming or are virtually certain, bring him on. If players are unclear re his status and thus are left to speculate re the team and their own role at this late stage, I would rather move on, particularly if the delay is related to assurances re time, shots, etc. I assume it's the former but I do not agree it's a get at all costs situation. I call tell you that VCU was not fawning over him and did not envision him going there and playing 30+ minutes.

You know what I think the problem is here? I think it is that White never speaks. If White had said after the syracuse visit, boy I loved it but I want to visit other schools. I want to go visit Michigan State. I want to visit Miami. maybe one or two others. I have to get this right. I will have a decision by say 8/20/. No one here would be freaking out. The process would be playing itself out. But the lack of any statements has us filling in the blanks. And the right answers rarely come from people on the outside filling in the blanks.
That would definitely help, but the fundamental issue is people's impatience. The young man has a very important decision to make. It is not life or death, but it is his future.

If Quade Green announced he would be making his decision within a month we'd all be excited at the short timeframe. One way or another we will know if AW3 is Orange by 8/29, 9/6 at the absolute crazy latest, and very possibly sooner. All the recruiting is done... now we just have to wait for the result.

Apparently, they are not out.

AW owes us nothing. We are not privy to the goings on between he & the staff, so all we are left to do is speculate.
Personally, I just want this done so I can have some idea of what the team will look like next year, with and without AW. Regardless of the reason, it just seems odd to have this dragged out this much. JMHO

At this point in the game it's highly unlikely White finds any new schools to visit. If he does, that school won't have as much talent as us.

I think it's interesting that JB mentioned in his most recent blog from Rio that Red and Gerry are holding down the fort, all is well, and the staff has "finished" with recruiting. I'm not reading anything into that other than JB seems comfortable with however things stand at this point.

COME ON GUYS!!!

I believe we all want him. My assumption is that people believe if he's set on Syracuse (which according to sources he is), what is the hold up? Why wait if you've taken every visit you have and weighed all options to announce? From there, people are guessing he's carrying baggage and is acting a bit of a drama queen by waiting to decide. If that's what they think, they personally don't want that attitude on our team.

Me personally? I want him at Syracuse as much as the next guy. But my gut is telling me he's being held back by SOMETHING. Doesn't mean I believe he won't end up wearing orange but if there weren't another school that he also has some interest in, he'd probably have given a verbal by now.

007 said:
I think it's interesting that JB mentioned in his most recent blog from Rio that Red and Gerry are holding down the fort, all is well, and the staff has "finished" with recruiting. I'm not reading anything into that other than JB seems comfortable with however things stand at this point.
Yeah I totally agree

My view is this - if the staff has decided AW woukd be important piece to this team and players know he is coming or are virtually certain, bring him on. If players are unclear re his status and thus are left to speculate re the team and their own role at this late stage, I would rather move on, particularly if the delay is related to assurances re time, shots, etc. I assume it's the former but I do not agree it's a get at all costs situation. I call tell you that VCU was not fawning over him and did not envision him going there and playing 30+ minutes.
Why does it matter if other players are aware of his potential role at this point? They know he's a double digit scorer from a major conference who can drain the 3. Anybody can guess what his role would be. Who cares what VCU thinks? I don't get why they matter.

I don't get why anybody would feel the staff should move on. If AW is making demands and basically forcing their hand, that's one thing, but we have nothing to base that on. All we have is speculation and a kid that is taking his time. Why can't it just be that?

That would definitely help, but the fundamental issue is people's impatience. The young man has a very important decision to make. It is not life or death, but it is his future.
EXACTLY. Why would he have to come out and say anything? This is his decision and he has every right to take his time and keep it close to the vest. Why people freak out about every passing day is beyond me...

EXACTLY. Why would he have to come out and say anything? This is his decision and he has every right to take his time and keep it close to the vest. Why people freak out about every passing day is beyond me...

I don't view curiosity as freaking out. I think that many (most?) posters believe that White's addition might make next year's squad a top 5 caliber team, and hence are getting anxious with the lack of information, given that it was suggested weeks ago that this was a done deal.

All we have is speculation and a kid that is taking his time. Why can't it just be that?
I personally feel based on what others have said or haven't said that AW3 has already made up his decision. Now, it is possible, that his father wants him to change his decision and that might be the holdup. Or, maybe that is just a theory and AW3 has already told the coaches that he is coming but it just hasn't leaked out yet which is hard to believe in twitterverse. Oh sorry, I was speculating.

upload_2016-8-9_12-8-41.jpeg

I personally feel based on what others have said or haven't said that AW3 has already made up his decision. Now, it is possible, that his father wants him to change his decision and that might be the holdup. Or, maybe that is just a theory and AW3 has already told the coaches that he is coming but it just hasn't leaked out yet which is hard to believe in twitterverse. Oh sorry, I was speculating.

View attachment 72856
Speculate all you want. I'm talking about the people that want to move on from him based on that speculation or don't want to let the process play out...

I don't get any of the "let's move on" or "maybe we don't even want the guy" stuff. If an hour from now AW3 tweets that he's happy to be Orange and can't wait to work towards a NC at Syracuse this season will there really be anyone here saying we shouldn't take him and should reject his commitment? I am a little frustrated too... especially on the heels of TT, but this isn't a kid smacking his girlfriend and driving drunk. He's taking longer than I would selfishly like to commit to SU. If he ends up Orange I'll be thrilled. Of course... if he goes elsewhere... I'm gonna be all kinds of "screw that guy" childish ;).

I don't get any of the "let's move on" or "maybe we don't even want the guy" stuff. If an hour from now AW3 tweet that he's happy to be Orange and can't wait to work towards a NC at Syracuse this season will there really be anyone here saying we shouldn't take him and should reject his commitment? I am a little frustrated too... especially on the heels of TT, but this isn't a kid smacking his girlfriend and driving drunk. He's taking longer than I would selfishly like to commit to SU. If he ends up Orange I'll be thrilled. Of course... if he went else... I'm gonna be all kinds of "screw that guy" childish ;).

Great post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors