Class of 2016 - Andrew White iii... the third | Page 47 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Andrew White iii... the third

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is the only option indeed. But who said we're desperate? That's where we disagree. You seem to think we are (purely judging by you comments) but I don't. So what gives?

Were not desperate. Need to read my post again (although cant blame you for not wanting to ;)). My point was why would jb pull the plug essentially two weeks before there is an academic deadline. It just doesnt make sense when you consider all the point I made.

Were not desperate. Need to read my post again (although cant blame you for not wanting to ;)). My point was why would jb pull the plug essentially two weeks before there is an academic deadline. It just doesnt make sense when you consider all the point I made.
I did and i get your point ... and you may well be right. But that the idea that he was told to be there (when they return) or be square is dumb? Ich don't think so.

I think some of you are missing the context to understand the dynamics between team and coach. people view sports through the prism by which they approach their own life, and as employed adults most of us approach life with the idea of making as much money as we can, which as projected onto college sports is scholarship and playing time.

when it comes to sports, people sometimes talk about a guy being a locker room cancer or something because he doesn't play enough. I don't think that happens, almost never, cause the players keep that in check. the vast majority of the time the better player plays, and the thing about it is, that the players know who is better. if you have a player bitching about playing time, but the players know that the guy ahead of him is better, it doesn't even reach the coach. the players handle it.

the only time a coach can get in trouble is if he plays a favorite. at the high school level, the common mistake is that coaches play their own kids over upperclassmen. that is when you lose a team quick. as long as the coach plays the best players available, the team is fairly self-regulating because the players know who is better, if anyone does.

if Andrew white wants to throw his hat in the ring and play here, he knows exactly what the deal is. if he is better he will play, if he isn't he won't. only he can make the decision based on what it means to him.

I think some of you are missing the context to understand the dynamics between team and coach. people view sports through the prism by which they approach their own life, and as employed adults most of us approach life with the idea of making as much money as we can, which as projected onto college sports is scholarship and playing time.

when it comes to sports, people sometimes talk about a guy being a locker room cancer or something because he doesn't play enough. I don't think that happens, almost never, cause the players keep that . . . . in check. the vast majority of the time the better player plays, and the thing about it is, that the players know who is better. if you have a player bitching about playing time, but the players know that the guy ahead of him is better, it doesn't even reach the coach. the players handle it.

the only time a coach can get in trouble is if he plays a favorite. at the high school level, the common mistake is that coaches play their own kids over upperclassmen. that is when you lose a team quick. as long as the coach plays the best players available, the team is fairly self-regulating because the players know who is better, if anyone does.

if Andrew white wants to throw his hat in the ring and play here, he knows exactly what the deal is. if he is better he will play, if he isn't he won't. only he can make the decision based on what it means to him.
Who is better is often very subjective. The way a coach uses his players, the system he uses, what one guy can do in one system is totally different than what that same player can do in another system.

upload_2016-8-8_23-3-7.jpeg

Sure but that has little to nothing to do with anything.
No. Simply put JB and Syracuse dont need to compromise in order to land a kid who would be extremely fortunate to play here.if he and his father cant see that we are the best for his future they are at best misinformed.

There's no need to overthink this. We don't need to set an artificial deadline for the kid as there is a very real deadline looming. JB and the staff have laid out what cuse has to offer. He will either accept it and get himself on campus etc... or he wont. Really hope he makes the right call and comes. It's a perfect fit for him and the team. Not sure why anything else is even a thought at this point, but here we are.

There's no need to overthink this. We don't need to set an artificial deadline for the kid as there is a very real deadline looming. JB and the staff have laid out what cuse has to offer. He will either accept it and get himself on campus etc... or he wont. Really hope he makes the right call and comes. It's a perfect fit for him and the team. Not sure why anything else is even a thought at this point, but here we are.
Well said.

please stop being rational on the internet

Reminds me , as in all these threads , Of a Great man jumping off a tall building to save a women . But the problem was as he was falling was his hair ! My hair , My hair . True movie . Andrew Dice Clay ! Bring it home to the Cuse Andrew !

Uh oh. Not positive but I think The Adventures of Ford Farlaine was just referenced in an Andrew White recruitment thread.

I knew I should have floated that bet at 500-1 a month ago

Not shooting the messenger in any way, shape, or form.

I guess I have difficulty believing that JB wouldn't be more on top of this. I get that right now he's focused on USA Basketball, but he's only got two years left before his announced retirement date. Two more seasons, two more teams, and then that's it. Nothing is a guarantee, but adding White would go a long way toward strengthening the 2017 team and enhancing the team's prospects toward making another run--which is ultimately the goal. Why wouldn't he and the staff be doing everything to secure this kid? With the sand trickling out on the hourglass of a HOF career, you'd think that Boeheim would be pulling out all the stops to have an opportunity to get back to the final four.

Again, not doubting you--I just find it hard to believe that JB would disappear and leave such an important issue unresolved / dangling in the breeze.

IMO JB knows that no school as good as us can offer him a role as good as we have offered White.

It's a good to great fit, but perfect? AW3 will probably not be playing the 2, probably not get over 30 mpg's, and probably not be the go-to guy (that would be game dependent). The MW article made it sound like AW3 wasn't even a lock to start (I would hope JB offered that up).

I'm sure JB wants AW3 here. But JB would want AW3 to be fully on board in whatever role they discussed. That is probably why AW3 is taking a little time before making a commitment.

I really hate that every time that I get a twitter notification that a bunch of my Syracuse list people are retweeting something I think "OK this has to FINALLY be it..." only to have it be something about the Olympics or dogs or whatever.
If Hillary posted this, there would be a thousand memes posted on FB how she is an Un-American dog hater.

It's a good to great fit, but perfect? AW3 will probably not be playing the 2, probably not get over 30 mpg's, and probably not be the go-to guy (that would be game dependent). The MW article made it sound like AW3 wasn't even a lock to start (I would hope JB offered that up).

I'm sure JB wants AW3 here. But JB would want AW3 to be fully on board in whatever role they discussed. That is probably why AW3 is taking a little time before making a commitment.
Yes, I'd argue it's as close to perfect a fit for what AW3 ultimately wants as you can get. At this point he is a borderline 2nd round pick type of player, no a sure fire lottery pick. So being the go to guy as he was in Nebraska or would be in the A10 isn't conducive to his goal. He needs a place where he will be pushed by the talent around him both on his team and in his opponents. While at the same time he will get lots of PT and lots of shots all on a VERY good team with tons of exposure.

RF - are you now switching sides? It seems you are suggesting JB should accommodate AW3 and let him play the 2.

No, JB should not be pulling out all the stops. He should stay pat, SU still has the best offer for AW3 even if that current offer is for AW3 to play the 3.

JB doesn't have any unresolved issues. It seems he has told AW3 the role he could have here. It's in AW3's court. When JB says he is not recruiting any more, it means he has his cards on the table, he has no more to add. It's a take it or leave it to AW3 for minutes at the 3. It's the way it should be.

Not sure how you got that interpretation from my post. In no way am I advocating AW3 be given a guarantee to play the 2--which wouldn't match his game or be best for the team, with this roster composition.

I was responding to the notion expressed above that this would be a done deal if only JB could be reached in Rio. And expressing skepticism about why JB would let things linger when a simple phone call or some concerted time, effort, and attention would help resolve this issue and immeasurably improve next year's team's offensive balance.

We're on the same page about AW3, his game, and what his role should be. I'm not inclined to believe that this entire thing hinges on a guarantee for him to play 2. IMO, that's just board speculation that has somehow taken on a life of its own. If anything, the conversation between AW3's camp and JB would be more about starting, shots, and minutes. Fortunately, we can accommodate all three.

I really hate that every time that I get a twitter notification that a bunch of my Syracuse list people are retweeting something I think "OK this has to FINALLY be it..." only to have it be something about the Olympics or dogs or whatever.
Gee, if only there were a sure fire way to stop that from happening.:noidea:

FWIW, imo, White's apparent uncertainty is a direct reflection of his own confidence and abilities. JB always plays to win, and he can care a less about who gets how many minutes and/or sharing the wealth, etc.. It's the most significant reason why we typically only play 7 guys (meaningful) minutes over his 40 yr. coaching history, and why his starters generally always play well over 30 minutes/game. So, if White is as good as he may think he is, and, if he has done even a smidgen of homework on JB's history when it comes to his best player's primarily always being on the floor, White shouldn't worry at all about his minutes...unless, of course, he lacks some confidence in his own abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom