Class of 2016 - Andrew White iii... the third | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Andrew White iii... the third

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harris, Flynn, Devo and Greene era had some

To be honest I don't think our struggles in the middle/late part of the last decade were due to any of those guys. I think it can be largely attributed to two factors:

1. An underachieving class of 2003 and...

2. A flat-out putrid class of 2004.

I think Paul Harris gets a bad rap due to expectations he had no chance in hell of living to to.

View attachment 71916

This is the picture lol

Luckily Syracuse took me in and I'll forever support SU!
Ahh, so your girlfriend is Otto. That helps to fill in some of the blanks. Was your dad ever stationed at Luke AFB in Arizona. There is a golf course right near it called Falcon Golf Club. It's nothing special as a course but I love playing there as more times than not, you get to see the pilots practicing flying their F-16 Falcons in formation. It's an awesome sight.
1993121108.png

His dad would probably call it the Viper Golf Club.

HOFCeluck said:
To be honest I don't think our struggles in the middle/late part of the last decade were due to any of those guys. I think it can be largely attributed to two factors: 1. An underachieving class of 2003 and... 2. A flat-out putrid class of 2004. I think Paul Harris gets a bad rap due to expectations he had no chance in hell of living to to.
Those guys were not always about the team...

Ahh, so your girlfriend is Otto. That helps to fill in some of the blanks. Was your dad ever stationed at Luke AFB in Arizona. There is a golf course right near it called Falcon Golf Club. It's nothing special as a course but I love playing there as more times than not, you get to see the pilots practicing flying their F-16 Falcons in formation. It's an awesome sight.
1993121108.png
No, but my brother is at Luke and flies the F 16. He went to the AFA

Hey all. Have read the board for seven or so months before I felt the need to jump in. Basketball junkie, 1997 alum, love Syracuse and look forward to talking hoops with all of you.

do you think AW3 is ignoring the staff?

No. I don't think they're in as much contact as the staff would like, but I don't think he's ignoring them. I do know the staff knew about his Miami visit before Jon Rothstein tweeted it.
I heard this today too

The way I see it is we have 5 players that have a significant chance at the majority of minutes at positions 1-4. The 5 will be roughly evenly split between chuck and DC.

For the 5 players that I think will get the lion share of the minutes 1-4, there are 2 true guards, 2 true forwards and 1 swing player. 160 minutes divided 5 ways is 32 minutes per player with the 1 swing player splitting time between the 2-3, not unlike pace, rautins, harris, duany etc.

Those five players will have 1 backup guard (howard) and 1 backup forward (TT).

I said all this to say, not only do I see a ton of minutes for AW, but I see a good amount of minutes at both the 2 and 3. Although I don't really think the 2 or 3 matters since we just put a shooting guard into the 1 round of the draft as a frosh playing the 3 in our system.

SUskibum said:
The way I see it is we have 5 players that have a significant chance at the majority of minutes at positions 1-4. The 5 will be roughly evenly split between chuck and DC.

For the 5 players that I think will get the lion share of the minutes 1-4, there are 2 true guards, 2 true forwards and 1 swing player. 160 minutes divided 5 ways is 32 minutes per player with the 1 swing player splitting time between the 2-3, not unlike pace, rautins, harris, duany etc.

Those five players will have 1 backup guard (howard) and 1 backup forward (TT).

I said all this to say, not only do I see a ton of minutes for AW, but I see a good amount of minutes at both the 2 and 3. Although I don't really think the 2 or 3 matters since we just put a shooting guard into the 1 round of the draft as a frosh playing the 3 in our system.

I agree. White just needs to show that he can handle the ball and score from all three levels, no matter what his defensive position is. And if he can do that, we all end up happy.

We know he can score. It doesn't matter how good his handle is, in all honesty. He's a shooter, he can handle it enough to get to the basket and also knocks down his free throws. That's exactly what Syracuse is missing next year. We don't know how good Lydon is at creating his own shot as he wasn't forced to do that a whole lot last season. I know everyone is excited about Battle (for good reason), but we still need to wait and see how his game transfers to college. White is that proven scorer (that Malachi would've been) that this team needs.

His dad would probably call it the Viper Golf Club.
^^^ Houston going with old school reference...nice man...former military or history buff? Just curious...was stationed out at Hill once upon a time...and my apologies moderators did not mean to go off thread subject...just dropping a quick question in...thx

Reading it in several posts on forums makes it fact?

Check out this video, which includes quite a bit of interview footage of his family, and form your own opinion about the dad:

For the record, I'm as frustrated as you are about this situation. Wanted it resolved long ago, and I recognize what an impact White's presence [or lack thereof] would have on our next team's fortunes.
This is a cool video, thanks for sharing. Nothing on here (I know it's edited, and he knows he's on camera) suggests the existence of any chemistry issues. Random thought - I wonder how he feels on the Nike vs. Adidas rivalry, playing for two Adidas schools (Kansas, Nebraska) and now considering a third (Miami). Can Syracuse, a Nike school, break that pattern?

This is a cool video, thanks for sharing. Nothing on here (I know it's edited, and he knows he's on camera) suggests the existence of any chemistry issues. Random thought - I wonder how he feels on the Nike vs. Adidas rivalry, playing for two Adidas schools (Kansas, Nebraska) and now considering a third (Miami). Can Syracuse, a Nike school, break that pattern?

It's the question everybody wants to know. At least here and another thread or 2, if they still exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom