Class of 2016 - Andrew White iii... the third | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Andrew White iii... the third

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if he was blown away by his visit I hope he would hold off a little out of respect for at least the work S.U has given towards him...

True, but I can't see how they could blow him away, other than offering him good weather and hot girls. He is looking for a big stage, and a program that can get him to the Nba, thats not Miami, and no one cares about Miami bball down there.

Even if Andrew loved his visit at Miami, I don't think he's the type of kid to make a rushed decision. From what I've heard, read and know, his father is very business-minded, which kind of sucks for fans when it comes to recruiting. Like Orangeman13 said a while back, and proved to be true, he didn't like Michigan State but waited out of respect to eliminate them from his recruitment. I think either way we wouldn't know much from this visit until a few days after. Definitely not the same day.

Even if Andrew loved his visit at Miami, I don't think he's the type of kid to make a rushed decision. From what I've heard, read and know, his father is very business-minded, which kind of sucks for fans when it comes to recruiting. Like Orangeman13 said a while back, and proved to be true, he didn't like Michigan State but waited out of respect to eliminate them from his recruitment. I think either way we wouldn't know much from this visit until a few days after. Definitely not the same day.
I wish I could have talked to my source before she went to bed but unless he takes another visit she said "this gets wrapped up this week."

Their lack of facilities was apparently pretty bad.
pe_1428977c.jpg

Dude, I'm repeating a text that was sent to me from my source.

Your guess is as good as mine. Maybe it's really bad compared to the Melo Center?
Why would they want to build facilities when they could practice on south beach?

Let's wrap this up my gosh the amount of wasted time for something that could've been such a simple process like John Gillon.

This is the week it is going to unfold.

All summer long between Thompson and now White to much drama.

Just another theory to throw out there. AW3 wants Syracuse but his dad insists he keep taking visits just to be aure, so AW3 intentionally visits places with a bad fit so he won't have to debate dad. "Gee I went to Mich St but they had 3 five star guys at my position already." "Gee I went to Miami but the hoop in our driveway is a better practice facility." "Gee I looked at Richmond and VCU but the guy taking our picture in the gym represents the 4th largest crowd in the A10 this year dad."

Even if his Dad wanted him to look at all the schools, we would do the same for our kids. Yeah they may love the first choice but who knows what else is out there. You know how you find out? You take the visit. If he commits, great. If not, whatever. We will still be watching Cuse basketball with or without Mr. White.

Even if his Dad wanted him to look at all the schools, we would do the same for our kids. Yeah they may love the first choice but who knows what else is out there. You know how you find out? You take the visit. If he commits, great. If not, whatever. We will still be watching Cuse basketball with or without Mr. White.
Glad you called him Mr. White, because he's not a kid, he's an adult. This isn't the same as TT in that regard. AW3 should be able to make this decision on his own. Fatherly advice is fine, meddling is something else...although admittedly this is all speculation.

I could certainly be wrong, but it doesn't really seem all that complicated why he went to Miami. White has one last shot at this. He clearly wants to go to the NBA and his Dad is helping to do everything he can to assist. Why not check out another school that is interested in you particularly when you have a connection with coaches there? What's the harm? Think about it... you have a coach for another school who you have a good relationship with and he calls you up and asks you to come down and check out his program.

When getting the call from the coach, you tell him that you aren't so sure as SU seems like a pretty good fit. The coach understands but again, asks you to just keep an open mind and to come down and have a look. You are told by the coach that if you still prefer SU after your visit, then fine, they will respect your decision and won't ask anything more of you. Because you trust this person and have a good relationship, you agree to come down and visit as there isn't any harm that could come from it. Who knows, you just might be surprised by something. You end up visiting, and leave still feeling SU is the best destination based on what you are seeking to accomplish. A few days later you make it official by becoming a Syracuse Orangeman.

Glad you called him Mr. White, because he's not a kid, he's an adult. This isn't the same as TT in that regard. AW3 should be able to make this decision on his own. Fatherly advice is fine, meddling is something else...although admittedly this is all speculation.
Done my best to stay out of this discussion, but this point struck me as odd. Using this logic, nobody should ever use council for anything. There's nothing wrong with leaning on people who know more, exploring options, taking your time, etc. "meddling" is a weird way to phrase it. He wants the best situation for his kid. If that family is more comfortable doing it the way they're doing it (all within the rules) then good for them!

I don't know what to say but I am writing this for reasons unknown, carry on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom