Class of 2016 - Andrew White iii... the third | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Andrew White iii... the third

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we dodged a bullet that these post grad transfers don't get paid recruiting trips... I'm sure Georgia Tech would've sent a Dassault Falcon to bring AW3 to Atlanta...

The next hint won't be nearly as subtle. I gave you a place for your nonsense.

Bottom line: Stop using the recruiting board as if it were a chatroom.

Maybe that's where Andrew White is hanging out.

Speaking of White, it would be very interesting to know what the current players think about this recruitment. This could be really tough for a player like Howard (who will likely see less PT if White comes) BUT the team will be a serious contender. Anyone not named MM would probably be a little threatened by this. I would also think if White does come on board, joining the team earlier rather than later would only help him to gel with his teammates better on and off the court.

Maybe that's where Andrew White is hanging out.

Speaking of White, it would be very interesting to know what the current players think about this recruitment. This could be really tough for a player like Howard (who will likely see less PT if White comes) BUT the team will be a serious contender. Anyone not named MM would probably be a little threatened by this. I would also think if White does come on board, joining the team earlier rather than later would only help him to gel with his teammates better on and off the court.

Possibly. But on the other hand, they might want to maximize the team's chances to win. Many of these guys got a taste of the final four last year--I'm sure that most [if not all] of the players would be willing to sacrifice a bit of personal production / minutes to get back there in 2017.

Possibly. But on the other hand, they might want to maximize the team's chances to win. Many of these guys got a taste of the final four last year--I'm sure that most [if not all] of the players would be willing to sacrifice a bit of personal production / minutes to get back there in 2017.
Don't believe players would think that way; mostly think they can win without another guy. My GT private jet post made me think of Kenny Anderson's recruitment; rumor had it the guys ditched him on Marshall St, as a not so subtle hint that they didn't need another star...

Don't believe players would think that way; mostly think they can win without another guy. My GT private jet post made me think of Kenny Anderson's recruitment; rumor had it the guys ditched him on Marshall St, as a not so subtle hint that they didn't need another star...

If true, that is one of the dumbest moves I've ever heard.

That 90 team was LOADED at every position except one. Anderson was badly needed. Instead, we got that POS Mike Edwards. I guess our players showed Kenny Anderson. Oh, wait... he got to the final four, and we lost to Minnesota / Richmond in the first round in back to back years over KA's two year span in college.

I get what you're saying, but I completely disagree. These guys want to win. Sure, they want to play as well--but any player who shies away from competition is a guy we don't want on this team, playing at this level. I heard that when it came to the mystery man, who would have potentially cut into Dejuan's playing time, Dejuan told the coaches he was still in favor of it because it would improve the team and better position SU to make another run at the title next year. THAT'S the attitude our guys need to have.

Re Moyer. I had a friend who was at practice yesterday and I knew he was on crutches. He did not answer my email when I asked if he knew why. Overall his practice report was so so. Best part was he was impressed with Tyus and his physical development and that he explodes to the rim. Likes the length of TT. Gillian was disappointing. Frank is a team leader. No mention of Lydon. Maybe some players are not there. I assume this was some sort of unofficial practice that the players set up in the off season. so probably early, and not the best representation of anything.

If true, that is one of the dumbest moves I've ever heard.

That 90 team was LOADED at every position except one. Anderson was badly needed. Instead, we got that POS Mike Edwards. I guess our players showed Kenny Anderson. Oh, wait... he got to the final four, and we lost to Minnesota / Richmond in the first round in back to back years over KA's two year span in college.
Actually, Marbury was the bigger GT kick in the groin... That '96 team with Stephon would have beaten one of the most NBA talent laden teams in history...

Last edited:
Re Moyer. I had a friend who was at practice yesterday and I knew he was on crutches. He did not answer my email when I asked if he knew why. Overall his practice report was so so. Best part was he was impressed with Tyus and his physical development and that he explodes to the rim. Likes the length of TT. Gillian was disappointing. Frank is a team leader. No mention of Lydon. Maybe some players are not there. I assume this was some sort of unofficial practice that the players set up in the off season. so probably early, and not the best representation of anything.

Thanks. I'm not surprised at the physicality of Battle. He's a workout warrior. Kid isn't jacked in the traditional sense but has lean muscles--ideal really. He has a very quick first step and loves to attack. Tyus will be very tough to stop when he's going to the rim.

Thanks. I'm not surprised at the physicality of Battle. He's a workout warrior. Kid isn't jacked in the traditional sense but has lean muscles--ideal really. He has a very quick first step and loves to attack. Tyus will be very tough to stop when he's going to the rim.
Mali was the kind of guy that took it to the rim and altered his shot as the big guys came to him and he got fouled. Battle strikes me as the kind of kid that takes it to the rim and then tries to hammer it on whoever gets in his way, would that be accurate?

Mali was the kind of guy that took it to the rim and altered his shot as the big guys came to him and he got fouled. Battle strikes me as the kind of kid that takes it to the rim and then tries to hammer it on whoever gets in his way, would that be accurate?

Actually, the guy who tries to hammer it all the time is Moyer. Battle loves to dunk but will take what the defense gives him. If the dunk is not there, he will try to finish through contact (maybe using the backboard if necessary) and set up an and one.

Last edited:

Ewww. I had been wondering what the latest word was on Gillon and how he was looking. Not exactly very encouraging.

I wouldn't write him off based on one unstructured practice. But I also wouldn't expect him to be the hybrid Chris Paul/JJ Reddick some seem to be touting him as.

I wouldn't write him off based on one unstructured practice. But I also wouldn't expect him to be the hybrid Chris Paul/JJ Reddick some seem to be touting him as.

You're sticking to that position, right down to the bitter end, eh?

Gillon is going to be a major contributor on this team. Probably as a starter. Great to hear about Frank's development, too. Backcourt which looked so incredibly weak / lacked depth 8 weeks ago could end up being a significant team strength.

Torn on Frank and JG JR. Love Frank's size and vision. JG looks good on video. I hope it's a matter of who wins the job in practice. I doubt JB guaranteed a starting spot to JG, and he seems like a kid who wouldn't want a guarantee, but to work for it. In the end, the backcourt is looking good no matter who starts.

Torn on Frank and JG JR. Love Frank's size and vision. JG looks good on video. I hope it's a matter of who wins the job in practice. I doubt JB guaranteed a starting spot to JG, and he seems like a kid who wouldn't want a guarantee, but to work for it. In the end, the backcourt is looking good no matter who starts.

I see what you mean, but I find it hard to believe he committed to Syracuse on his visit without a guarantee to start. He cancelled his last two visits to Oklahoma and Texas A&M before he left campus. I don't think he does that without a promise of some sort.

It's not a huge deal... but it would be nice if AW3 would come soon enough to playin some of these pick up games with the other guys. This team will be super talented but gelling could be a bit of an issue. With 3 Fr and 3 transfers... only 4 guys have ever played a game with anyone else on this team. Every second of learning your teammates could help.

You're sticking to that position, right down to the bitter end, eh?

Gillon is going to be a major contributor on this team. Probably as a starter. Great to hear about Frank's development, too. Backcourt which looked so incredibly weak / lacked depth 8 weeks ago could end up being a significant team strength.
Wat? Bitter end? All I see is a fella holding measured expectations. I'm certainly not expecting a CP3/Reddick hybrid from a fifth-year transfer out of the Mountain West, though I'd love to see Gillon bring the goods and give us another FF run. Let's not seek out conflict where there isn't any.

Wat? Bitter end? All I see is a fella holding measured expectations. I'm certainly not expecting a CP3/Reddick hybrid from a fifth-year transfer out of the Mountain West, though I'd love to see Gillon bring the goods and give us another FF run. Let's not seek out conflict where there isn't any.

I'm not starting conflict at all--HoustonCuse [who I was directly responding to] are on great terms. That was a jab at a disagreement we've been having about Gillon's potential / role on this team since it was announced that Gillon committed.

It was a poke at his position, just like his Chris Paul thing was a poke at mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom