Class of 2016 - Andrew White III thread - COMMITTED | Page 47 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Andrew White III thread - COMMITTED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care how long he takes. My hope is he is driving up 81 tomorrow or Saturday. We are a much strong team with AW3 on it.

btw, I have restrained myself from posting here. This is only my 2nd post (actually my 3rd, my 2nd was deleted) Hopefully this one will be my last.
Thanks for posting!!!

So, joining his next team so late, will somehow make up for that? :noidea:

This announcement has been in the can for so long, it's not going to be released, it's going to be paroled. :p

This has come up a few times, but how is he late exactly? If he wasn't enrolled in summer classes, what was he supposed to do with no reason to be on campus / no lodging -- crash on somebody's floor?

Replies to several comments on here. Don't forget I have several pages to catch up on every morning being on west coast time.
First of all if he decides to text Rothstein on his way up here, I hope NOT WHILE HE IS DRIVING!! Do not text and drive!!
OK, now that the public service announcement portion is over, I also think it is refreshing that he is just coming. This is how I look at it... He wants to be here to play and move to the next level. He is not interested in being the most important part of this team but a part of it. He is just going to slip in, work hard and play a good team role. I see the type of person who arrives this way as a positive thing. He does not need to be the center of attention. He knows he is one of many players that will be great and make this a fantastic season.
Any drama, was OUR drama, not his drama. He did not cause it. We did. But we also had some fun with it for the most part.It was a good summer activity/diversion to get us to football season.

Is he on his way? He hasn't made that clear. He hasn't said anything. I don't think announcing his intention to transfer to Syracuse is trying to be the center of attention, especially when one of the supposed finalists has already started classes. It sounds as if even his new teammates aren't sure he's committed. It shouldn't be a big secret. It sounds like he had Rothstein tweet that Miami and Michigan State were out. His silence has led to some of the misunderstanding and confusion about where's he's going to school, just showing up seems like a strange way to handle it.

Is he on his way? He hasn't made that clear. He hasn't said anything. I don't think announcing his intention to transfer to Syracuse is trying to be the center of attention, especially when one of the supposed finalists has already started classes. It sounds as if even his new teammates aren't sure he's committed. It shouldn't be a big secret. It sounds like he had Rothstein tweet that Miami and Michigan State were out. His silence has led to some of the misunderstanding and confusion about where's he's going to school, just showing up seems like a strange way to handle it.
sounds like you think he owes it to you personally :noidea:

My question is why publicize it?

Why not publicize it? What's the harm? He felt the need to publicize when he went to Kansas, and transferred to Nebraska. He felt the need to tweet about his draft workouts. Why not announce where he's going to finish his last year of school? Not to mention basketball writers are calling/texting him about it. Why not be straightforward?

Why not publicize it? What's the harm? He felt the need to publicize when he went to Kansas, and transferred to Nebraska. He felt the need to tweet about his draft workouts. Why not announce where he's going to finish his last year of school? Not to mention basketball writers are calling/texting him about it. Why not be straightforward?

Again, what is the big deal? If the coaches and team know what he's doing that's enough.

He doesn't owe any fans anything. It's his career.

Apparently he doesn't trust the media according to some people and frankly I don't blame him.

Again, what is the big deal? If the coaches and team know what he's doing that's enough.

He doesn't owe any fans anything. It's his career.

Apparently he doesn't trust the media according to some people and frankly I don't blame him.

He trusts Rothstein. And possibly Goodman.

He owes no one anything. Maybe his prior social media experience left a bad taste.

Q: How many top recruits/transfers DON'T publicize where they intend to play next?
Besides AWIII, that is.

A: pretty much ZERO.
True. I think everyone should use the term "I am taking my talents to..." whenever they get the opportunity. My wife gets annoyed when I am like "I am taking my talents to...the grocery store, do you need anything." or "I am taking my talents to...the bathroom, I could be a while."

He owes no one anything. Maybe his prior social media experience left a bad taste.

Agreed...but leaving everyone in the dark and just showing up solves that? Does VCU know what he's doing? Or is his silence leading them on, creating false hope there?

do you realize that AW3 waited until he was WITHIN 90 minutes to remove his name from the NBA draft?

This is nothing new.

Right, it's not new. He did the same thing at Nebraska. Now he's doing it again.

Dave85 said:
I don't care how long he takes. My hope is he is driving up 81 tomorrow or Saturday. We are a much strong team with AW3 on it. btw, I have restrained myself from posting here. This is only my 2nd post (actually my 3rd, my 2nd was deleted) Hopefully this one will be my last.

While we disagreed on the direction we preferred the recruiting board take, I really do enjoy your basketball thoughts. Don't be a stranger

Do we know that to be the case?

I don't know it NOT to be the case, and neither do you.

Yet, you're the one claiming that "everyone" is in the dark. Let's apply some logic--if he's showing up here, then it stands to reason that the coaches know.

Just like it stands to reason that if he didn't arrive at VCU before the start of classes yesterday and their fanbase / coaches haven't heard any positive news, then it stands to reason that he isn't going there.

I certainly am not claiming to have any inside knowledge of what the hell AWIII is doing at this point. But we're at the finish line. Would it have been great to know his decision sooner so that we wouldn't have had to collectively worry about things? Sure. But we should all have the answer by the end of the weekend, or Monday at the absolute latest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom