Status
Not open for further replies.
Starters:

Gillon
Battle
White
Roberson
Coleman

That lineup would give us more of a normal rotation on the bench, too, with one guard [Howard], one forward [Lydon] who could obviously play numerous positions, and one center [Chukwu]. Thompson would be the 9th guy in what would primarily be an 8 player rotation, but a guy who is also capable of contributing if given PT.

Hope we play a lot of guys and take advantage of the depth / size we have.

Starters:

Gillon
Battle
White
Roberson
Coleman
Looks feasable. Lydon to sub at the 3, 4 and 5 (if necessary)...maybe 25-30 minutes. So many terrific combinations vs. different opponents or in difficult game situations. Each lineup a winner, dangerous in its' own way.

Last edited:
Perhaps instead of talking starters, it makes more sense to talk minutes...I'm not really sure that someone starting is going to mean Jack on this team...just making some swags below based purely on different possible rotations , feel free to swizzle those minutes
Gillon: 15-25 min pg
Howard: 10-15 min pg/sg (I could see both gillon and Howard at same time end of game)
Battle: 5-10 pg/15-25 sg
White:3-5 sg/15-25 sf
Lydon: 10-15 sf/10-15pf/5-10 center
The rest are rotations at the 4/5...

OK...who are you??? If you know our local bar, then you know me since I run the events, lol!!!And I will make you the chairperson of finding rooms for our alums and forum members.
Llandz you already invited me to and I went to your bar . We talked for a while then enjoyed the game together .

The bird is the word.
OMG, I was just singing that frickin' tune yesterday around the house - no idea why - and then my wife started singing it too. She hates when I do that to her! Haha

I do have a 2-month old child so I'm kinda losing it right about now. :confused:

P.S. Watch this and let's see if you are able to refrain from singing this (to yourself or others) for the rest of the evening. :)

Couldn't resist, huh?

It's true, not a reinforcement of my position.

Did this roster have a natural 3 on it before White committed? No.

What position did White start at last year for Nebraska? 3.

Him coming here shores up the first sentence, and makes him the only natural 3 on the squad, even if he ends up playing 2 as some predict.

Was Gillon promised a starting spot as well?

I think that is the ideal lineup, Gillon/White/Battle/Roberson/DC with Lydon off the bench. But I think we'd survive with a White/Battle backcourt for the first 4 minutes of the game. Because let's face it, chances are our end of the game lineup will feature Battle and White on top of the zone (maybe Howard)

As far as "versatility" goes, it doesn't really matter, I never knew why people felt that.

If Battle, White, Lydon, Roberson and DC start - it's true that our bench would be 2 PGs and a C. But the versatility still exists in the starting lineup in that Gillon/Howard could come in for literally anyone except DC and it'd be fine. You could put Gillon in for Roberson and everyone just slides down a spot.

Obviously Lydon off the bench provides a huge scoring punch - and I think the scoring in the starting lineup will be solid between Gillon, Battle and White

I'll have 10 to 15 homes here in the Phoenix area , can fit 30 or 40 Orange fans here comfortably . Has heated 80,000 gallon size pool and a huge 120 plus fan club house . Can rent for 150.00 each for a full 7 days ! Please Cuse make it to Phoenix !!!!! Locale Orange bar is 3 minutes away = Great food ! That's the best I can do . Go Cuse !
Wait...come again?

Nebraska had a three-guard lineup and White was listed as a guard.

But I don't need to hear your arguments because I've heard them 44 times already.
I think the real dinstinction will be made once Jimmy figures out what spots these guys can play in the zone. Our offensive style allows the three to act as a guard like how Malachi was most effective with the ball in his hands at the top. And I think it's pretty clear that AW doesn't have the speed and ball-handling that he had. Either way, in Jimmy's system you have to defend.

I just don't see how Lydon comes off the bench. Just to head this off - he's not Waiters.

Lydon, I think, contends for All-American and POY honors. He's that good. And we want him to start games on the bench? I want him setting the tone from the jump ball.

Throughout all this I find it incredible how divisive his potential position on the floor has become. A 2 or a 3?

Relax, ya'll. He is in Orange. Let us have Jimmy worry about getting him on the court. Let us enjoy the day. Let us enjoy the upcoming season.

If you cannot enjoy today, I recommend getting a golden retriever. They can solve all of your problems.

image.gif

It's true, not a reinforcement of my position.

Did this roster have a natural 3 on it before White committed? No.

What position did White start at last year for Nebraska? 3.

Him coming here shores up the first sentence, and makes him the only natural 3 on the squad, even if he ends up playing 2 as some predict.
Nebraska had a three-guard lineup and White was listed as a guard.

But who cares, right?

I'd go with the following starting lineup:

Gillon - 5th year player (didn't transfer to come off bench)
White - 5th year player (didn't transfer to come off bench)
Lydon - most versatile player on team
Roberson - senior and a rebounding machine & returning starter
Coleman - 5th year player & returning starter

Battle - 1st guard off bench
Howard - 2nd guard off bench
Chukwu - split with Coleman
Thompson - limited minutes
Moyer - possible redshirt

If Gillon gets in trouble, Howard comes in.
If White, Lydon or Roberson gets in trouble, Battle comes in.
If Coleman gets in trouble, Chukwu comes in.

It's going to be a fun year!!!!

I'd go with the following starting lineup:

Gillon - 5th year player (didn't transfer to come off bench)
White - 5th year player (didn't transfer to come off bench)
Lydon - most versatile player on team
Roberson - senior and a rebounding machine & returning starter
Coleman - 5th year player & returning starter

Battle - 1st guard off bench
Howard - 2nd guard off bench
Chukwu - split with Coleman
Thompson - limited minutes
Moyer - possible redshirt

If Gillon gets in trouble, Howard comes in.
If White, Lydon or Roberson gets in trouble, Battle comes in.
If Coleman gets in trouble, Chukwu comes in.

It's going to be a fun year!!!!
I really don't see how it's not Gillon, Battle, White, Lydon, DC2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom