Class of 2016 - Andrew White III thread - COMMITTED | Page 70 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Andrew White III thread - COMMITTED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nebraska had a three-guard lineup and White was listed as a guard.

But who cares, right?

A three guard offense where one of the guards never handled the ball, passed (0.6 apg last year), didn't attack much off the bounce, and required his teammates to set him up for shots.

Joey's post above is spot on. He's a lot like Demetrius Nichols or Wes offensively. As demonstrated by how he operated in Nebraska's offense last year.

...and two seasons ago, BJ Johnson's father suggested that he'd been told his kid was going to see a lot of time at guard, too. How'd that turn out? Hint--BJ didn't see 1 minute of game time at guard the entire two seasons he was here.

I wouldn't read too much into a comment that didn't come from the coaches.
Your overall point is right, but BJ did play some guard. For example, most of the UVA game where we were up like 15 and then got killed.

Here's what it sounds like [reading between the lines a bit]. #3 is important to White, and also the number that Moyer wants to wear. Moyer's injured foot makes a redshirt season a possibility, so he was willing to give it up to help appease White, knowing that he can get it back next season.

Regardless, what a team player Moyer is! Kid is already an ace recruiter for us--how can you not love Moyer?
I have this feeling that Moyer is gonna be an absolute stud on the court with an extra year to develop.

Your overall point is right, but BJ did play some guard. For example, most of the UVA game where we were up like 15 and then got killed.
IIRC, Gbinije starred that game at point, Cooney at 2, which put BJ at 3.

JJ was swPped out of starting lineup, because JB was hoping to get extra shooting in the lineup against UVa.

Lydon plays the Dion role - comes in at the 16min mark, plays 35mpg and becomes a lottery pick.

A three guard offense where one of the guards never handled the ball, passed (0.6 apg last year), didn't attack much off the bounce, and required his teammates to set him up for shots.

Joey's post above is spot on. He's a lot like Demetrius Nichols or Wes offensively. As demonstrated by how he operated in Nebraska's offense last year.
Which is perfect for what we need.

46328714.jpg

I just don't see how Lydon comes off the bench. Just to head this off - he's not Waiters.

Lydon, I think, contends for All-American and POY honors. He's that good. And we want him to start games on the bench? I want him setting the tone from the jump ball.
It's an interesting problem to have.

I think everyone agrees PC/DC2 will be starting.

That leave's 4 spots.

I can't see Battle not starting. I think most people agree with that.

That's 3.

I think you need someone like Robey to start - I'd be afraid we'd have "unplugged Robey" if he's asked to come off the bench. We need his rebounding ability.

That's 2.

Lydon, White, Gillon.

I just have a feeling that White and Gillon were promised starting spots. Also you don't want to be the school that takes 5th YR grad transfers and doesn't start them.

I can't see White coming in without knowing he'd be a starter.

Lydon plays the Dion role - comes in at the 16min mark, plays 35mpg and becomes a lottery pick.

I'll admit that I am incredibly intrigued with this. We all know he gets his minutes, he is lottery next June.

But just where exactly does he start the game? And how much time does he see the 5? I suppose the answer to the latter depends more on the play of Chukwu and Coleman. Still, plenty of mystery until opening tip.

That leave's 4 spots.

That's 3.

I think you need someone like Robey to start - I'd be afraid we'd have "unplugged Robey" if he's asked to come off the bench. We need his rebounding ability.

That's 2.

Lydon, White, Gillon.

I just have a feeling that White and Gillon were promised starting spots. Also you don't want to be the school that takes 5th YR grad transfers and doesn't start them.

Pretty much agree. An embarrassment of riches. Still hard to see Lydon coming off the bench, but maybe he's OK with it. Nice problem to have.

That leave's 4 spots.

That's 3.

That's 2.

Lydon, White, Gillon.

Lydon is our best player. One of the best players in the league if not the country. He has to start. This isn't Dion.

"Long story short, Syracuse could promise a feature role. Wade doesn't just give those away."

These VCU guys are serious? Mildly funny if they're just joking. Hilarious, if they are serious.

That leave's 4 spots.

That's 3.

That's 2.

Lydon, White, Gillon.

Why are you so confident in Battle starting? I think he's going to be good, but from the highlights I've seen I don't think it's a foregone conclusion. What am I missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom