Andy Katz with no respect for Red and Judah | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Andy Katz with no respect for Red and Judah

This breakdown and all the questions many teams above us have shows just how these early rankings are pointless and mostly carrying over last year's successes.

Case in point: Katz's predication at this time last year didn't even have Miami making the Tourney. Now, after making a run to the Final 4, he the Canes as a 2 Seed, despite losing 2 of their better players (as Cuse 99&01 points out).

We were hot garbage the past two seasons. If I was a neutral observer, I wouldn't give us the benefit of the doubt either until we actually start winning games on the court. Which as a fan I'm personally confident we will do.
Yeah, we made the bed we currently lie in. You have to prove it on the court. It’s as simple as that. There is no real “lack of respect” here IMO. Any respect given would be nothing more than blind faith.

Katz is going to smoke a turd in hell for that slight! Kidding aside who cares? It's not like he is Nostradamus. I am fine with proving we are back first. It makes it all the more satisfying.
I’d rather be underrated to start the season so the team has a chip on their shoulder for that early season gauntlet we have.

Rational part of me says that we need to see Red’s Xs and Os before we get assumed credit.

The irrational part of me says that he’s an idiot and we’re going to put the world on notice when we run thru Maui and come out ranked the #1 team in the country.
X’ sand O’s and how he manages the game, subs, timeouts, etc - all important and we’ll see how he does.

But having a clear vision for how he wants to play, and being able to successfully put together a roster to execute it…..that’s a very good sign that he seems to be nailing the “big picture” stuff. It’s also a great sign that how he seemingly wants to play matches where the sport has gone in recent years.

Guards dominate the game, and having numerous good ball handlers and athletic perimeter defenders is an absolute must, and just watching any of the teams that have actually been good is all that’s needed to see that.

Katz doesn’t know his azz from his elbow. Especially not in June.

Syracuse was bad last season. They're not going to get the benefit of the doubt this early.
Who cares [not directed at the OP, clifton]?

We weren't very good last year, the perception is that we lost several key players, and Red is unproven.

Up to us to dispel that narrative and serve notice to the rest of the country. IMO, we have a lot to prove.

IMO #2 -- we have the squad to accomplish that goal.
I don't disagree with you guys, but its the portal era. For a lot of teams what happened last year means nothing as so many parts will have changed. And if Red is half the coach as he is a recruiter, I feel pretty good about our chances. Our players will be ready to prove a lot next year.

Question for RF(and anyone): We all would have like to have seen Hop as our coach five ago. That never happened, so would you still have preferred Hop (and the same assistant coaches) or are you 100% all in with how the last two months have transpired.

Is there any holdouts for Hop or Jay Wright still?

I don't disagree with you guys, but its the portal era. For a lot of teams what happened last year means nothing as so many parts will have changed. And if Red is half the coach as he is a recruiter, I feel pretty good about our chances. Our players will be ready to prove a lot next year.

Question for RF(and anyone): We all would have like to have seen Hop as our coach five ago. That never happened, so would you still have preferred Hop (and the same assistant coaches) or are you 100% all in with how the last two months have transpired.

Hop is still playing mostly zone, right?

If so - I don’t get it, and that makes me not want him.

Based on the evolution of the kids and the game, withholding some judgment until we see in game coaching I feel Red is the right guy. I do think he was the right guy a couple years ago though too not this late but that's a moot point now.

To be listed as the third team out is a huge improvement over last year. We were nowhere to be found last season. I have a bigger issue with only five ACC teams listed. That’s a even bigger snub.

Predictions are among the more worthless things that humans do.
That, and speculation. Cable news shows favorite pastime of " let's sit here and guess what we think might happen". Aaargh! :mad:

Word is, he’s an idiot and a disloyal person.
That's what I have been saying for years.
Nervous College Basketball GIF by NCAA March Madness

Syracuse wasn’t bad. They were young. Big difference
Youth really isn't a legit reason anymore. Every year there are really good teams that are younger than we were and the days of expecting young guys to stick around and develop are all but over.

I think this roster, on paper, is really exciting with loads of potential. SU was 33-32 the past two years. It lost two of its top three scorers. I think SU will be better than 17-15 this year, but I don't think it's a surprise that Andy and others aren't including SU in their early mock fields of 68 and/or preseason top-25 rankings. First-year head coach. Lots of roster comings and goings. No player is above his junior year. Let's win Maui and vault into the top 10!

In a way, "We have them right where we want them," i.e., under the radar. Recall that SU's 2002-03 NC team was outside the Top 25 in pre-season rankings. My belief is that the more the media ignores/downplays this Orange squad pre-season, during, and in post-season bracket forecasting, the better. Red and the guys could use it as a challenge to be the best they can be.

I think this roster, on paper, is really exciting with loads of potential. SU was 33-32 the past two years. It lost two of its top three scorers. I think SU will be better than 17-15 this year, but I don't think it's a surprise that Andy and others aren't including SU in their early mock fields of 68 and/or preseason top-25 rankings. First-year head coach. Lots of roster comings and goings. No player is above his junior year. Let's win Maui and vault into the top 10!
And even though Red has added a lot of athleticism to the roster, nobody was added that has already had proven success like Kansas adding Dickinson. Lot's of potential combined with uncertainty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom