Andy Phillips | Syracusefan.com

Andy Phillips

His future wasn't going to be in football, and if he was ready to take the next step in his life, good for him.
Still hurts a bunch with the very limited depth on the OL.

It was assumed that he wasn't coming back for awhile.

So for all those worried about how we'd make the 85 player limit, 3 spots have opened up in the last week.

That's a big hit-Our only returning guy with OT experience besides Hickey and played pretty well in limited time. I wonder if he thought he didn't have a chance to start.

Was Phillips a scholarship player? I always thought he was a walk on.

Word is out that Andy Phillips has left the team to pursue a career opportunity.
I wish the man luck and congratulations for being smart enough to know that his best opportunity was there for him to take now.;)

Word is out that Andy Phillips has left the team to pursue a career opportunity.
Andy was a loyal soldier for the program and I was really hoping he would be rewarded his redshirt senior season by winning a starting job at tackle.

If this is true, I wish him the best in the real world. Note that he has a younger brother who also plays at CBA and looks like he will likely be a D1 recruit. This might not be the end of the Phillips era at Syracuse.

I half expected him to earn a starting spot. Tough loss for the line.

Was Phillips a scholarship player? I always thought he was a walk on.

Andy was indeed a scholarship player (one of DM's earliest recruits) and is a gem of a young man. If he moves on from playing FB for SU we should all thank him for his service to Orange Nation. His family will always be proud SU supporters. Thank you, Andy and the Phillips family!

Andy was indeed a scholarship player (one of DM's earliest recruits) and is a gem of a young man. If he moves on from playing FB for SU we should all thank him for his service to Orange Nation. His family will always be proud SU supporters. Thank you, Andy and the Phillips family!

Honestly I didn't know. I wish the young man well as I do all of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom