another 8 pm start | Syracusefan.com

another 8 pm start

All for tv, apparently. I haven’t counted, but I think we’ve had at leasat 6 home and always at 8. I don’t like it at all but other people say it gives them more time to get to the game. This has been grumped about in a previous thread, BTW.

ok, so it's driven by coverage from the regional tv networks. i guess i will try to refrain from over-complaining. i was in south FL for work a couple weeks ago and i was able to watch the miami game. it isn't all about espn, i guess is what i am trying to rationalize to myself.

Yikes I get complaining about 9pm games but 8pm is perfect the game will be over by 10. I like it even more for televised games I watch at home.

If I'm going to the game (like tonight), I like it because a 7pm start means you have to rush dinner to be out the door by 6:25 at the latest. An 8pm start means we're not rushing to eat and then get to the dome on time.

If I'm watching at home, I prefer a 7pm start.

I don't like it starting at 8 on a weekday. Have to be up with the birds in the morning and it makes for a long day. That said, I usually have a couple of tickets to be had and offer them up to family.

Love it - Allows me to leave the office, hit the gym and get home in time for the game. Sign me up for all the 8 pm starts.
Not to mention those with young kids can manage the bedtime rituals without depending on the DVR.

Yikes I get complaining about 9pm games but 8pm is perfect the game will be over by 10. I like it even more for televised games I watch at home.

Unless you have an 80 mile drive home after waiting for the parking lot to clear. Guess I'm the old man on the porch but getting home after midnight in good weather is not ideal. My colleague has a 6 a.m. WebEx that he needs to lead tomorrow morning and is skipping tonight's trip.

Hopefully Raycom is gone once the official ACCN starts over the summer...

Hopefully Raycom is gone once the official ACCN starts over the summer...

Still believe there’s going to be a number of cable outlets that don’t pick up the ACC Network. We’ll see. I wouldn’t get too excited.

Unless you have an 80 mile drive home after waiting for the parking lot to clear. Guess I'm the old man on the porch but getting home after midnight in good weather is not ideal. My colleague has a 6 a.m. WebEx that he needs to lead tomorrow morning and is skipping tonight's trip.
Agreed. 8 pm starts on weekends are bad and really bad on weekdays.

It seems like Syracuse got a lot of these late tip offs this season.

The game is only on the awful Raycom network. Why are we inconveniencing the season ticket holder fan base for those dolts? This has to go away when Raycom finally dies next month. Die Raycom. Die!

That's why God invented the DVR. Or was that Al Gore too?

I cannot watch a game on DVR. I don't have the will power to watch something I know I can get the results of.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom