Another day down...silence.. | Syracusefan.com

Another day down...silence..

Well, I think that says something. I suspect we will hear something but it does show there is no hurry to do anything. If you know what I mean.
I totally get that. No rush.

still a week and a half to go - we're essentially now at the half-way point between our last game and deadline to declare...

dasher said:
Well, I think that says something. I suspect we will hear something but it does show there is no hurry to do anything. If you know what I mean.

Well. It was interesting to see coach Hopkins say in today's chat that he (the staff) doesn't encourage going through the process just for the sake of going through the process.

crickets.jpg

I think it's a gamble to declare and go through the tryouts. You only have one time to make a good impression. If you don't, the scouts will remember.
I disagree. It's not like scouts hold personal grudges against college players they think aren't ready. It's called improvement. Do you think scouts are seeing these players at the workouts for the first time? They watch them all season, watch tape, actually go to live games. There's always NBA scouts in attendance at the Dome, at Cameron, at MSG etc. Scouts follow players from high school - they watch them in AAU, they know who they are. Malachi having a poor workout this spring will have zero impact on his potential draft status in 2017 if he comes back, score 15 ppg, and kills the 2017 workouts. Same goes for every other player in America.

I think it's a gamble to declare and go through the tryouts. You only have one time to make a good impression. If you don't, the scouts will remember.
I disagree. It's not like scouts hold personal grudges against college players they think aren't ready. It's called improvement. Do you think scouts are seeing these players at the workouts for the first time? They watch them all season, watch tape, actually go to live games. There's always NBA scouts in attendance at the Dome, at Cameron, at MSG etc. Scouts follow players from high school - they watch them in AAU, they know who they are. Malachi having a poor workout this spring will have zero impact on his potential draft status in 2017 if he comes back, score 15 ppg, and kills the 2017 workouts. Same goes for every other player in America.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom