another drama story... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

another drama story...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet. I was told about something out of the AD office before the Canisius game and got worried. Then I saw nothing on here or heard nothing elsewhere and assumed it was just another rumor.

At least from the sounds of those who know it's not as bad as I was told, which is good, but What! I'm sick of my school being in the news for things it shouldn't be.

By my count 20 people know and 30 don't. This thread blows, because now ill be checking this through out the day to see what happened.

So I just spent 10 minutes of my time scrolling through that with no actual information provided? As a consultant who gets paid for my time, I'd like to know who I can send my invoice to for that nonsense.
As someone who hires consultants who bill for their time, I would like to know if you took that 10 minutes off a bill? ;)

Also, a thread with no info? Shocking.

As someone who hires consultants who bill for their time, I would like to know if you took that 10 minutes off a bill? ;)

Also, a thread with no info? Shocking.

I'll put that down as admin time, like I do for most of the time I waste on this and other boards like it...

Not sure what you guys want...

you come to a forum to get news - but then when people post accurate info (MCW) you accuse them of lying or breaking the news to the news and getting syracuse in trouble.

I sincerely apologize if this thread was in any way bad. Not my intention. It was more of passing along the story that I heard, which was quickly confirmed by no less than 10 people (3 of which have no affiliation with this board).

If you really want the details before it comes out in the paper in the next 24-48 hrs, inbox me as a few have. I, along with the others who also heard this story just don't want to post the details on the public forum before the news does as someone's life is turning upside down.

are you better off knowing something is going to happen (with the preface that it will have no effect on wins) or better off finding out 24-72 hrs later? If that latter is the case for you, I truly am sorry for posting yesterday.

So what did Otto do now? Did they have to check him into Rehab again?!!!

I appreciate the fact that people on this board have close ties to the program and have access to info that most of us don't but I really don't see the point of posting if you aren't going to let everyone know what is going on. It is nice to know if shouldn't effect the program but if it going to come out in the press anyways why not let everyone in on the "hear say".

put minds at ease it does not involve any "kids" in the legal sense, IMHO will have no long terms effect on the programs or university and probably not even a short term effect. It will however, knock you back in your chair like a shot to the jaw. Just crazy, so prep for that.

I, for one, don't mind this being posted at all. In my younger days, I fretted constantly about SU sports and hearing this would be like salting an open wound. Now, I consider it to be much like a tough upcoming game. I know it's coming, I have no idea what's going to happen, and I'm full of anticipation. A normal part of the life of a sports fan.

More specifically, like a Louisville game, where you can be pretty sure the outcome is likely to be bad.:(

If you really want the details before it comes out in the paper in the next 24-48 hrs, inbox me as a few have.

Not a bright idea on my part... about 40 inbox's this morn. I feel like Jake.

I responded to a few, but I am sorry I have to get work done...

I promise, it will not effect any of our wins. Could it make national news? I'm not sure either war. It's odd - but again, nothing to worry about as far as Boeheim, Marrone, desko, gait, gross, players or anyone else that woudl get us in troub. And not Bernie related either.

My preference would be that this wasn't here, but once it was presented like it was by the OP, the context needed to be provided to avoid a firestorm of speculation, and that's all others have been doing.

I move that this thread be deleted or locked with a final comment from a moderator. If we don't have a place on the forum where this topic can be further explained, I think it has run its course.

???

1) Deny
2) Rationalize
3) Bitch
4) Whine
5) Blame UConn

Close... I should probably add a step 6:

Step 1. As the news initially breaks, deny and make fun of the folks who report the accusations. Ummm, hello...it's an SU player...SU players do not do ANYTHING wrong."I know his mother's friend...he would NEVER do something like this"
Step 2. As more potential facts and stories come to light, start to playfully poke fun at the situation, like it's not a big deal at all. "Ha ha, pick me up some socks MCW!"
Step 3. As another day passes, bring up stories of even worse things that happened to players at other schools. "You know...remember when __________ beat up that ________ while he was matriculating at ____________ University?"
Step 4. Get angry at media and other message boarders for posting speculation, as no new significant news has yet to come out.
Step 5. Post JLH pics to forget and move forward.

Well I'm no creative enough to speculate on what it could be. I come to this board to read opinions as well as read info that I can get here first. I just don't see the point of posting something and not disclosing the rest of what you know. Then 4 other posters chime in saying they heard the same thing and none of them set the record straight.

I'm not trying to be unappreciative by any means. Most of the posters and lurkers don't know what is going on and I would imagine would like to know. It is a big reason why I come here.

one of the office workers stole a stapler
Unknown.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online