Another great JB presser | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Another great JB presser

JB does what he does. I'm not sure why anyone would expect him to suddenly be all PC.

He know McCullough, Patterson, and Roberson better than anyone on this board. He ripped team two weeks ago and it worked so much as we've gotten better.

Guy has his team by the balls.

SWC said he claimed he doesn't use pressers to send messages to players. Who knows but I know for sure he sends messages to basketball analysts, present or not.

JB does what he does.

To quote Melo:

Boeheim_Do.jpg

I'm sorry but he's just so wrong with Ron Patterson... No way should Joseph be playing 40mins in big games... Just no way... Got to see if Ron can give a spark shooting wise. He's proven he can play defense and shoot it against the crappy teams.. Problem is, getting him a consistent chance against the good teams...

Other than that, presser had me laughing my ass off

How is he wrong? He says he's not consistent at all shooting at practice, and he surely isn't consistent in games shooting. He COULD be wrong that Ron can't help us but he see's Buss play more than any of us do by far (considering he doesn't play in games that often" I can't imagine JB sitting him because he likes other players better, if Buss could help us he would be playing, same goes for everybody else on the bench.

I try never to reply to igor but really untollerable? Didn't you used to be a teacher? Are you coming down with Alzheimer's?
Meh. We know what he means and Igor retired to sunny FL in the winter anyway. Can't you see him and JB lying on the beach together? :rolling:

Even if he is trying to use public comments as a motivational tool (why can't he tell a kid in private?) - I feel he takes the curmudgeon role too far specifically in negative comments about a player's draftability. These are "his kids" and his words might have at least some affect on NBA teams' decisions. If he wants to do tough love with a pro prospect and/or with the kid's family - do it in private because he could be costing "his kids" one helluva lot of money.
Then said player should prove it on the court. Which he hasn't recently.

Then said player should prove it on the court. Which he hasn't recently.
Well sure we all hope the kid improves from his most recent games but that doesn't mean Boeheim needs to publicly trash the kid specifically when it comes his draft potential. If college kids are drafted largely on potential I don't think it's appropriate for a coach to be negatively impacting a kid's earning potential. He claimed he doesn't do it as a motivational tool. If that is true - then exactly why does he do it? What is the point?

From reading some of his biographies it is obvious that JB is a son of his authoritarian Germanic Dad. He is stoic and demanding. For JB, sentiment is a weakness. When he gives a press conf. he is not concerned with player psychology or other niceties. He gives his answers as honestly as possible, regardless of consequences. He is hard nosed because that is his predilection. He is a hard worker and his priority is for his players to push themselves to the exclusion of all other distractions. Everything else is of no concern. He assumes that if you become good enough to excel you will win and that will take care of everything else. He's taken us to the doorsteps of the basketball regality. As to his methodology, as the saying goes, 'the proof is in the pudding'.

Last edited:
From reading some of his biographies it is obvious that JB is a son of his authoritarian Germanic Dad. He is stoic and demanding. For JB, sentiment is a weakness. When he gives a press conf. he is not concerned with player psychology or other niceties. He is hard nosed because that is his predilection. He is a hard worker and his priority is for his players to push themselves to the exclusion of all other distractions. Everything else is of no concern. He assumes that if you become good enough to excel you will win and that will take care of everything else. He's taken us to the doorsteps of the basketball regality. As to his methodology, as the saying goes, 'the proof is in the pudding'.

That was shakespearian.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom