Another view of the uniforms, looks a bit dif than SU release | Syracusefan.com

Another view of the uniforms, looks a bit dif than SU release

I like this better than the SUAD pic. At least you can see what they really look like. Wow, that is a bright orange.

Maybe NBA, hard for me to make out the names on the front of the jerseys, but the orange and grey model looks like it says New York across it...

That picture is terrible...at least every team has to wear that grey nonsense. Im sure Kentucky fans are wondering What that is.

Orange certainly pops really nice in these. I like them a bit better now than I did first glance from the Suathletics website.

I certainly wouldn't want these used as a primary uniform, but I have no problem mixing it up a little bit occasionally with these and hopefully the University makes some cash off of these too.

Maybe NBA, hard for me to make out the names on the front of the jerseys, but the orange and grey model looks like it says New York across it...
Nah, you can see Cuse, Zona, Kentucky, UCONN and Gators on the front of them.

I LOVE not being able to read the lettering and the numbers on uniforms. It's really a joy.

I like em, wish we could make our home jerseys orange and away blue, scrap the white ones all together

Pinkish hue to the 'orange'

Pink and gray ... hooray!

Is that a Battlestar Gallactica audition?

I hate Nike for many reasons. But the uni's are bad-ass. They are cool.

Am I the only one who thinks they actually look cool?

I think if they replaced the grey with white, I'd really like them. Unfortunately, that's not the case.

I just threw up all over my screen, booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

"Syracuse fans' worst nightmares have come true. The team will wear gray uniforms. That's the color of the enemy, Georgetown.

It's not just Syracuse, though. Many teams will be wearing gray -- oh, sorry, PLATINUM -- at some point this season. Nike teamed up with a bunch of universities, primarily because Nike has lot of employees with a lot of time on their hands and is obsessed with this gray/platinum trend way more than it should be. Because of this, nine teams will don these generic, already-out-of-vogue uniforms.

Other schools duped into the marketing ploy include Arizona, UConn, Duke, Florida, Kentucky, both the men's and women's North Carolina teams and the Baylor women's hoops squad. Here's the thing -- they're not even that ugly. It'd be one thing if these threads were Oregon's court reincarnated, but they're just ... boring-looking, nondescript from the past half-decade of altering team jerseys up and down the grayscale.

The relief comes from the fact these things will not affect player performance. Because players don't much care what they wear, or at least they don't let the colors they don alter their game. As long as fans can restrain themselves from vomiting onto the floor, we should all survive this. Look good, feel good; feel good, play good and all that, but these just look like uniforms that take away from the spirit of the team. They're not playing for Syracuse or UNC or Arizona anymore. They're playing for Nike. Aren't we all. Them or Apple.

There is good news. First of all, the uniforms are apparently great for the environment, having been made up of mostly recycled polyester material, as well as most of Jim Boeheim's old, sweaty dress shirts. Secondarily, the teams won't be wearing them on the regular. Syracuse will place them on their backs for the most meaningless game of their season: the Feb. 22 home game against South Florida. Kentucky, so fa as we know, is only throwing on the throwfronts for the Jan. 31 game against Tennessee. UConn will give these things a go this Sunday, against Notre Dame.

They'll come and go until the next uniform trend arrives. And when that happens, let's abide by dominant team colors."

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/26283066/34567653

And not a white guy to be seen in any of the pictures. Nike is a bunch of racists.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom