Another year another bs fumble costing us against pitt | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Another year another bs fumble costing us against pitt

We didn't lose this game based on one "missed" call. That is just sour grapes to blame the refs. SU kids put forth a great effort in the second half but they were man handled at the line of scrimmage and dominated the entire game. The offensive line is just awful. Hard to judge if it is Devito limitations but how could any effective QB be successful with an offensive line that leaks like a sieve.

I think I can translate here. I don’t think anybody denies that we played horrible for the majority of this game...but when a call is inexplicably overturned that would have given Cuse the ball in Pitt territory with about 2 min left...well, we all would have loved to have seen what Welch and co. could’ve done.

It seems many in this thread believe that no team has ever played like crap and won a football game.
Like some Patriots superbowl wins. Besides the fact that a second string QB coming in and getting a huge win and resuscitating our bowl hopes.

We didn't lose this game based on one "missed" call. That is just sour grapes to blame the refs. SU kids put forth a great effort in the second half but they were man handled at the line of scrimmage and dominated the entire game. The offensive line is just awful. Hard to judge if it is Devito limitations but how could any effective QB be successful with an offensive line that leaks like a sieve.

I don’t know, Welch did halfway decent with it in the second half

There are always goofs that have a code about not complaining about refs, even when it's egregious. It makes them feel good or grown-up or something
Meh, I think the other team usually has as many gripes in a game, it just depends what color glasses you have on

There are always goofs that have a code about not complaining about refs, even when it's egregious. It makes them feel good or grown-up or something

It's bizarre, really. We can piss and moan about 18-year old kids not catching a pass or making a FT, and the coaches for strategy/recruiting/personnel decisions, but calling out the refs for doing a bad job...HELL NAW!

What cost us more than the bad fumble overturn was how Pitt had rushing yards at the half that totaled their game average, 10 sacks on D, sloppy/missed tackling along with many penalties and drops on O. I also heard a stat by Mora early 3Q saying that Syracuse has gone 3 and out at a 42% clip, the highest percentage in all of college football. Just ugly football be played by the Orange with zero wins against P5 opponents to date.

What cost us more than the bad fumble overturn was how Pitt had rushing yards at the half that totaled their game average, 10 sacks on D, sloppy/missed tackling along with many penalties and drops on O. I also heard a stat by Mora early 3Q saying that Syracuse has gone 3 and out at a 42% clip, the highest percentage in all of college football. Just ugly football be played by the Orange with zero wins against P5 opponents to date.

And Dino yet again saying "nah, I'm cool with 6 points, let's regroup in the locker room and send up some thoughts and prayers to win the game" and taking a knee to end the second half instead of trying to score points and win.

Infuriating.

Though it was a ridiculous call to overturn the fumble.

All game long and every game, Narduzzi yells, screams and swears at the refs and then they reward him with the biggest call of the game which totally goes against their set a stated procedures. They are shameful cowards.

All game long and every game, Narduzzi yells, screams and swears at the refs and then they reward him with the biggest call of the game which totally goes against their set a stated procedures. They are shameful cowards.
The guys getting sworn at ruled fumble I thought. The overrule came from upstairs

I don’t know, Welch did halfway decent with it in the second half

can we just skip to the part where you realize that Welch was a backup for a reason and that no one will look competent with this line for very long

also, yeah the refs sucked

can we just skip to the part where you realize that Welch was a backup for a reason and that no one will look competent with this line for very long

also, yeah the refs sucked

Welch is not a better qb than Devito you are 100% right about that...but he and this team play with more heart when he’s out there.

His rant for what he thought was targeting on the punt was nothing like I have ever seen in my life. How he didn’t get a penalty was insane. Threw his water 3 times on the field and or bench and was marching and screaming like an actual psycho from the 30 to the 30. This happened for an entire 4 minute timeout. The refs were actually scared of him

Welch is not a better qb than Devito you are 100% right about that...but he and this team play with more heart when he’s out there.

heart aint the issue, blocking is

heart aint the issue, blocking is

You are right, our offensive line is TERRIBLE. It really truly is...But my thing is Tommy isn’t doing them any favors. He has some of the best arm talent I think we have ever seen for Syracuse, but IQ and natural instincts...ehhhh

Where are people getting this stuff from? So when Welch was out there the team decided “hey let’s play with more heart now”. These kids, mainly the OL have a lack of talent and they make mistakes. But I have no doubt they are trying their best. Too many small sample size H0T Takes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom