Another year... | Syracusefan.com

Another year...

Blah,blah,blah.

If you can't see this program is so much shape than this time last year you haven't been watching.

Spin as you wish, but it doesn't change the FACT that it'll be another losing season. I think that's the premise of his point, along with the frustration and disappointment that goes with it. Regardless of what the 'hope' for tomorrow brings relative to SU football, it doesn't change that FACT!

I am completely worn down right now, At least I am a Cowboys fan, and a Michigan fan, but its not the same as SU.

Look at it this way. If we were too successful too soon, Dino would be stolen away.

6-6 wouldn't be too successful, sadly we don't even have that, baring a miracle.

6-6 wouldn't be too successful, sadly we don't even have that, baring a miracle.

I would have been real happy with 6-6 even at the beginning of the year. What were you predicting?

I would have been real happy with 6-6 even at the beginning of the year. What were you predicting?

I said 6-6, I thought it would come down to getting one against Fsu or Pitt, now we would need both.

Watching this program is like Groundhog Day since we lose our starting QB and our season is over in November.

In the infamous 1968-86 period, we had 9 losing seasons, (and two even). Our overall record was 91-115-3 (.442)

From 2002 through 2016 we've had 10 losing seasons. Our overall record has been 69-111 (.406)

It beats you down, no doubt.

Last week wiped me out with Dungey going down and losing on National TV 54-0.

Watching an inept offense today and two lines that were clearly outmatched was difficult to watch.

But we are playing a bunch of true frosh, RFrosh and sophomores. We are really, really young.

And I have no doubt that Dino will recruit.

So I'm a glass half full guy right now and I'm looking ahead to the future.

It beats you down, no doubt.

Last week wiped me out with Dungey going down and losing on National TV 54-0.

Watching an inept offense today and two lines that were clearly outmatched was difficult to watch.

But we are playing a bunch of true frosh, RFrosh and sophomores. We are really, really young.

And I have no doubt that Dino will recruit.

So I'm a glass half full guy right now and I'm looking ahead to the future.

College football is the worst, you invest almost 4 hours in a game, it emotionally wears you down.

Everyone is tired of the relentless suckitude. Pitt can somehow play and beat Clemson straight up while we didn't belong on the same field with them. What inherent advantages does Pitt as a program have over ours ?

Lack of any semblance of a running game, pourous OL, corners who likely wouldn't start for many FCS programs and lack of a consistent pass rush, this is a total rebuild without question. Playing youth does not automatically equate to better next year it just means that the staff believes they are the best we have right now.

I would be taking a hard look at Ward after this year. I am not impressed at all.

Spin as you wish, but it doesn't change the FACT that it'll be another losing season. I think that's the premise of his point, along with the frustration and disappointment that goes with it. Regardless of what the 'hope' for tomorrow brings relative to SU football, it doesn't change that FACT!

Yeah, so let's dwell on that to make ourselves feel worse.

OR we can look at how far we've come and realize recruiting is up, staffing is up, and Dink said we haven't really seen the offense or defense click yet.

Everyone is tired of the relentless suckitude. Pitt can somehow play and beat Clemson straight up while we didn't belong on the same field with them. What inherent advantages does Pitt as a program have over ours ?

Lack of any semblance of a running game, pourous OL, corners who likely wouldn't start for many FCS programs and lack of a consistent pass rush, this is a total rebuild without question. Playing youth does not automatically equate to better next year it just means that the staff believes they are the best we have right now.

I would be taking a hard look at Ward after this year. I am not impressed at all.

The D will be fine. How many guys are playing that wouldn't see the field if we had depth that just about every other ACC team has? Recruiting is up.

It's just going to take time.

The problem with the defense yesterday was the offense.

With Dungey that game is a 14pt win.

The problem with the defense yesterday was the offense.

With Dungey that game is a 14pt win.

You can't win if you can't stop the other team. This defense is bad. Four straight third down conversions on their second to last drive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom