Another year... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Another year...

Another losing season. Been a fan since '71 and it really wears on me after all these bad seasons.
Yes well, I have seen that and more since 1963. It will toughen you up and make a better man out of you. It's how I get through the Tug Hill Winters. When I am outdoors at my home in January, the wind blowing sideways, snow up to your a$$ and there is no stopping, I look into the west wind, shake my fist and say, bring it on Lake effect I can take it because I am an SU Football Fan!

Two years.

I seem to recall someone saying something about SU and in the second half of year two...

I actually thought longer. The big difference is where he started from comparitively. Better players better deph. And even so hes had some stinkers.

Pitts succes is a killer running game and a stout defense. Amazing what a run game can do for an offense.

But isn't that the point ? We don't have the depth which means we have to continue to play kids that aren't ready which means more true frosh next year if in fact recruiting is significantly better. At some point you have to fix the glaring problems you have now. I would be banging the JUCO ranks hard this offseason for some DL's and DB's.

No. The kids now will be bigger and better next season. There will be more talented kids behind them, some of which will be able to play, but won't. The year after that - even better.

JUCO's when needed are fine by me. We brought one in this year on the DL, and tried to get another in the secondary that didn't qualify.

Who's dwelling? Since it's your own choice of word, it appears that you are the one dwelling. I only stated a fact...it is what it is...fact.

How far have we come? We won 4 games last year, and barring a major upset in the last two games, we'll end up with 4 wins again...same as last year. So, it's a bit premature to suggest we have already come a far way...I'll wait to see the results ON the field.

That being said, I love Coach Babers and I do think we are headed in the right direction, and I'm quite optimistic and excited about what the future holds for the SU football program. However, at the end of the day, results is what matters most. You are what your record says you are...objectively/factually that is.

Why state a fact we are all painfully aware of? Does stating it make you feel better?

None of the wins we had last year were as good as the VaTech win, we had a guy break records held by Marvin Harrison, we have the best recruiting class that we've had in 10 years, the best QB recruit included.

Results do matter. But W's are a trailing indicator when you look at all the other things pointing in the right direction.

Even this game is a sign of progress. How so?! We lost?!? Doreen has a 3 year lead on us with better recruits - and we were within 2 bad calls, our starting QB, and 8 points in the middle of the 4th Q. Much like the WF game - more depth, systems that have been in place longer - narrowly gets them a win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom