Anselmo | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Anselmo

d

• d

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • d

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
If there's any doubt that Marrone does not care in the least if SU continues to do well, this (along w/ Adkins) should clear it up. He is bringing him in as a Defensive assistant-basically an extra. He brought in Adkins as a TE coach. These guys were crucial for recruiting and will hardly be noticed in Buffalo.

I thought there was some messages on this board that Moore burnt some bridges in the NJ area with one of the top HS? I forgot who made those posts.

I thought there was some messages on this board that Moore burnt some bridges in the NJ area with one of the top HS? I forgot who made those posts.
DeepThrowIt, I believe, who was either a coach or had connections in Jersey. I don't believe he burned bridges, he just made himself look like an amateur, granted it was his first season.

Posted April 9, 2012 by DeepThrowlt in response to javadoc:

javadoc said:
Hey man, no worries. The only thing that rubbed me wrong was the closing sentence from your original post. Seemed a little too "rain cloud"-ish to me, and I think our staff needs a lot of support right now, as I have said repeatedly it seems to me they are facing a bigger challenge than most seem to believe.​
In your opinion, to be more successful in NJ, do we need to spend more time there with existing staff, or do we need to hire a new assistant?​
DeepThrowlt responded:​
They do face a big challenge, however I don't believe the people (there have been many here who have said this) who have said grob ruined NJ recruiting ties. He brought in a bunch of NJ kids that maybe weren't the best players in college, but we're outstanding in hs and somewhat overlooked. This played well with NJ coaches. However HCDM ran a bunch of these kids out. This strained some relationships, even if some of them probably didn't belong on the Hill. I do believe that the Syracuse name still carries weight in the state, but that is changing due to it not being a staff priority.
In a perfect world, hiring someone with NJ ties would have been smart. I have been tough on Rob Moore but he was thrown into a tough position. Throwing someone who has never recruited before into the shark tank that is NJ hs football was probably not the best idea. Someone like Anselmo or one of the other guys with NYC/LI ties would do better in NJ because these areas have very similar personalities when it comes to coaches.​
On January 26,2012 DeepThrowlt responded to bnoro:​
bnoro said:
It was a rumor that Rob Moore offered a kid and didn't know he had already committed, and then didn't know one of their rising prospects. Apparently people here throw it around like facts, but we all know deepthrowit is a Rutgers fan.​
DeepThrowlt responded:​
It is not a rumor. 100% accurate, son. And we have been over this, unlike you, I have my degree from SU.
In this thread

Man, OE, throwing me under the bus right there...
That was not my intent, was just trying to bring back the content that you brought up. I skimmed it to see if this is the subject you were trying to recall. Sorry, no intent to embarass was just trying to bring back what DeepThrowlt said about Moore.

That was not my intent, was just trying to bring back the content that you brought up. I skimmed it to see if this is the subject you were trying to recall. Sorry, no intent to embarass was just trying to bring back what DeepThrowlt said about Moore.
i was kidding around. I was quickly proven wrong by bees so it looks bad now haha

First, I doubt he will triple his salary unless he is going to become one of the highest paid assistants in the NFL. The point is, losing what sounds to be 6 0f 9 assistants and the HC is a lot. Oregon and SU are not comparable because they are not the same situation. Kelly and Marrone are 2 different situations as to their relation with the schools and programs. Not close. And even so, I bet 6 assts don't go with him.
He is special teams assistant....

i was kidding around. I was quickly proven wrong by bees so it looks bad now haha
Pheww glad you cleared that up. I didn't see anything that stood out as throwing anyone under the bus.