Class of 2025 - Anthony Drago (NJ) Mid / Verbal to Duke | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 Anthony Drago (NJ) Mid / Verbal to Duke

FYI Drago's high school West Essex has a lot of elite talent, but the towns that feed it (Essex Fells, Fairfield, North Caldwell and Roseland) bleed a lot of it to private schools - most notably Seton Hall Prep and Delbarton.

Young Drago checking in at #8 on Lacrosse Magazines early 2025 rankings.

E4740714-9925-40C0-9740-CD3EB86C60B2.jpeg

Anthony Drago | 2025 | A | West Essex (N.J.) | BBL National
Younger brother of Syracuse lacrosse LSM Tommy Drago, he is a force for BBL National. The center of their offense, constantly communicating his teammates to move into positions to help setup tactical dodges. He shined behind the cage, working both pick play and isolation dodging. He is more than comfortable turning the corner and taking a quality shot, changing levels.

Brother of current SU LSM, Tommy Drago -

15. Anthony Drago, attack/midfield, West Essex (N.J.) / BBL ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Drago is a major offensive mismatch whether he lines up at attack or midfield. He does plenty of both. The 6-1, 180-pounder racked up an even 100 points as a freshman on the strength of 62 goals and 38 assists. As a sophomore, he’s accrued 82 points and counting. His highest upside likely comes as a midfielder. The winter One Percent All-Star Game Offensive MVP is at his best using his deceptively quick feet and good size when he has extra space to work with up top. He’s got a hard, heavy shot and is also very good at finding the open man when he draws a slide.

44 ANTHONY DRAGO | WEST ESSEX HS | BBL​

Anthony came in and was a commanding presence. Certainly one of the more eye catching prospects at BIC, he initiated from several spots, showed ability to get his hands free, and ability to stretch the defense and finish in tight. He was dynamic and was one of the first names college coaches were mentioning on the sidelines throughout the 2 days. We see him being a versatile offensive prospect above and below GLE, and we felt he had great balance of making plays but also swinging the ball and letting it come to him.

Last edited:

44 ANTHONY DRAGO | WEST ESSEX HS | BBL​

Anthony came in and was a commanding presence. Certainly one of the more eye catching prospects at BIC, he initiated from several spots, showed ability to get his hands free, and ability to stretch the defense and finish in tight. He was dynamic and was one of the first names college coaches were mentioning on the sidelines throughout the 2 days. We see him being a versatile offensive prospect above and below GLE, and we felt he had great balance of making plays but also swinging the ball and letting it come to him.

44 just a coincidence? It's not 22, but...

Anthony Drago, A, West Essex (N.J.), BBL
One of the highest profile prospects in the class for a few years, charting Drago’ summer will be compelling leading up to Sept. 1. His athleticism is immediately apparent. He is dangerous as a playmaker and scorer from every spot on the field. His game will continue to be analyzed as the summer goes on and, because college recruiters are so familiar with him, that analysis is likely to turn to “What can’t he do?” So far, the answer is “Not much.”

Anthony Drago, A, West Essex (N.J.), BBL
One of the highest profile prospects in the class for a few years, charting Drago’ summer will be compelling leading up to Sept. 1. His athleticism is immediately apparent. He is dangerous as a playmaker and scorer from every spot on the field. His game will continue to be analyzed as the summer goes on and, because college recruiters are so familiar with him, that analysis is likely to turn to “What can’t he do?” So far, the answer is “Not much.”

Really looks a top 5/10 guy but from an SU standpoint I'd keep expectations in check here, an uphill climb to say the least.

Really looks a top 5/10 guy but from an SU standpoint I'd keep expectations in check here, an uphill climb to say the least.
If the only reason for that is that his brother does not get PT then I don't feel too discouraged. He has not played but he also has not transferred in search of PT. There is a chance he likes the program/team and would still like to see his brother wearing orange.

If the only reason for that is that his brother does not get PT then I don't feel too discouraged. He has not played but he also has not transferred in search of PT. There is a chance he likes the program/team and would still like to see his brother wearing orange.

I don't believe that's a huge factor but I do believe its playing a role unfortunately.

Anthony Drago | A | West Essex (N.J.) | BBL
A highly skilled player with a tenacity, he gets to dangerous space where he hurts defenses equally as a scorer or feeder. Among the most impressive pieces of his game is his versatility — not just as a 50-50 threat, but in his ability to dodge from a variety of locations. Drago can back out into space and attack with speed or rely on strength inside, creating a favorable matchup for himself based on his defenders’ weakness. In short, he’s a constant mismatch with a slick stick, high IQ, and great confidence.

In this day, it's pretty remarkable he's still playing for a public high school. Good to see actually.

His oldest brother, Tommy, is a redshirt junior LSM at ACC rivals Syracuse. It’s him who taught Anthony to not only always play with swagger, but also a chip on his shoulder.

“He was always someone I could just talk to,” Drago said. “He would always tell me no matter where I went that he would love me because sometimes I felt like he wanted me to go to Syracuse, and I would feel bad if I didn’t go there. He would tell me that this is about me and where I want to spend the next four years of my life and tried to help guide me to where I want to go and where was the best for me. He was always great to talk to about this kind of stuff and was someone I could trust to be there for me always.”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom