Anti-WVU Twitter Campaign | Syracusefan.com

Anti-WVU Twitter Campaign

OrangeCrush22

All Conference
Thought this was funny and worth sharing. Dana Holgorsen recently made these comments.
http://www.dailymail.com/Sports/201308010179?page=2&build=cache
"The major conferences breaking away from schools like East Carolina and Marshall, I think that's got some legs to it, but whether it happens or if I'll still be coaching when it does happen, I don't know," Holgorsen said. "I hope it happens because they're the ones holding us back from being able to feed our players three times a day or from being able to pay them just a small stipend to make their lives a little bit easier so they're not starving to death at specific times of the year."

East Carolina fans haven't taken too kindly to this and have started #FeedTheNeers.

Some of the jokes are pretty funny. https://twitter.com/search?src=typd&q=feedtheneers

BQ84yn8CUAA-c5E.jpg:large

Holgorsen has always struck me as the Quin Snyder of college football.

He's not 100% wrong. It is the crappy schools that really shouldn't even be in Division I that are holding this up. Don't know for sure if East Carolina and Marshall are in that group.

He's not 100% wrong. It is the crappy schools that really shouldn't even be in Division I that are holding this up. Don't know for sure if East Carolina and Marshall are in that group.

Where does it end? If you keep eliminating the "crappy" schools. At what point is D1 football ony Alabama playing Georgia? I'm not saying another settling isn't logical. But the system of college football should be democratic enough to allow smaller schools to rise up now and then.

Great find, OC.

We finally have an explanation of why the WVU failed to show up against Syracuse the last three seasons, these poor kids are starving.

Ironically, not one kid on the East Carolina team complains about starving so we can assume they are eating comfortably. If Holgerson wants his players to eat, why not have them transfer?

Where does it end? If you keep eliminating the "crappy" schools. At what point is D1 football ony Alabama playing Georgia? I'm not saying another settling isn't logical. But the system of college football should be democratic enough to allow smaller schools to rise up now and then.

Agreed and not only that if SU was in the AAC we'd be considered to be one of those "crappy" schools. By the way, Bama wouldn't play Georgia...they'd play Mississippi St and Mississippi twice instead.

Funny how Holgerson still schedules teams like William and Mary and Georgia St and Marshall and ECU aren't on their schedule this year.

Those responses are wonderful. Thanks for posting that!

The sad thing is that I don't think he intended his comment to be a metaphor.

Who knew wvu had hired Latrell Sprewell as their coach?

Perhaps redbull mcgambles needs to travel abroad and see places where people are actually starving?

He's wrong when he says they can't feed kids three meals a day or that they're starving during different times of the year. These kids have access to food whenever they want (many staffs have nutritionists now), they get all kinds of free clothes, and they all get stipends. Mike Golic pointed out one time that kids that want to live off of campus could pool their stipends, get a house to share, and still have money left over for movies and pizza. If they want to live on campus all living expenses are paid for and their stipend is nothing but play money. This rhetoric about the poor starving athletes is getting ridiculous.