Anybody here familiar with DOOM? | Syracusefan.com

Anybody here familiar with DOOM?

NineOneSeven

2018-19 Iggy Hoops Leader Scorer
Not the bball board post losses, the game DOOM. Originally for PC back in the early 90s. I remember playing it VERY young (my mom did not approve) as my dad played years back. About a year ago I randomly thought about it, and turns out there is still a big time community for the game.

My daughter plays Doom: Eternal on her Switch. It brought back cool memories of playing at night, in total darkness, when it was THE hottest FPS game going!

Yeah they have clearly advanced the graphics over the years. What's amazing to me though, is the original "Graphics" are still used by map creators. It's amazing actually. The original classsic DOOM 1 and DOOM 2 stand the test of time, but it's incredible how much exists out there that can be downloaded and played. I happen to love those old graphics. Game was way ahead of its time!

Yeah they have clearly advanced the graphics over the years. What's amazing to me though, is the original "Graphics" are still used by map creators. It's amazing actually. The original classsic DOOM 1 and DOOM 2 stand the test of time, but it's incredible how much exists out there that can be downloaded and played. I happen to love those old graphics. Game was way ahead of its time!
I also really enjoyed Quake and was getting in to Half-Life when job and family changes pretty much stopped my gaming opportunities. Miss it...but not enough to bump other priorities at this time of my life. Fun nostalgia though, thanks!

I also really enjoyed Quake and was getting in to Half-Life when job and family changes pretty much stopped my gaming opportunities. Miss it...but not enough to bump other priorities at this time of my life. Fun nostalgia though, thanks!
I subscribe to some YouTubers who post videos of gameplays. You should check out sometime. Something oddly calming and satisfying about watching them. One of them plays Quake too I think (not too familiar with that).

I know either Doom 2016 or Doom Eternal had special retro graphics levels where you played similar to the OG one. They were super fun and the new ones are too

Not the bball board post losses, the game DOOM. Originally for PC back in the early 90s. I remember playing it VERY young (my mom did not approve) as my dad played years back. About a year ago I randomly thought about it, and turns out there is still a big time community for the game.
I played it a little back then but found myself mutating into a homicidal maniac, so I focused my spare time on being a college football fan. Much nicer atmosphere.

I only scream 'rip their heads off' 10-20 times a game and don't blow the heads off of almost anyone.

I play it on my PlayStation still love it. Even looked up all the cheats so I can beat it and by god I did but god damn it was hard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom