Anyone else nervous | Syracusefan.com

Anyone else nervous

imdevo

2023-24 Iggy Winner Leading Scorer
About this game? I feel like this is going to be one of those wins/losses that everyone will be scrutinizing on selection Sunday.

Me trying to calm down...

image.jpg

Yes. I honestly have no idea what to expect. I could see us winning by 10 or losing by 20 just as easily.

I think if we really are a low ceiling team this game will expose it.

But...if we win it???
If we win it, I feel like we will have played our very best, and perhaps slightly above our very best, which it seems we will need from hereon forward. Kind of like the amps of Spinal Tap: we will always have to have our dial on "11."

We will know right from the start because of 2 things IMO
1.) Cooney and Silent G (making shots or not)
2.) Miami makes over 8 3's per game (do we get out on the shooters from the start)

The day we blew a big halftime lead against VT is the same day that Virginia had an 18 point halftime lead against Miami and Miami came back but lost in double overtime. I said then that Miami looked really good and everyone was saying they were terrible because they lost to a couple of bad teams earlier in the year. Well, how do they look now? I think we will have to play our best game of the year to win tonight. The one thing we have going for us is that they had a game on Thursday and traveled all the way from Miami with only one day of practice. This should be a great game to see how we are going to stack up against some of the upper level ACC teams.

We will know right from the start because of 2 things IMO
1.) Cooney and Silent G (making shots or not)
2.) Miami makes over 8 3's per game (do we get out on the shooters from the start)

We we are up by 4-6 points ten minutes in and Christmas is dominating the low post on offense with no fouls we have a shot. Wow, that's a mouth full!

If we beat Miami, does that make us better than Duke?!?!?

Yes, and Michigan is better than us and NJIT is better than Michigan. Therefore the New Jersey Institute of Technology > Duke.

I don't think Selection Sunday will matter for us this year.

The good/bad thing about this team is it's so obvious what has to happen for us to beat good teams: Rak, Cooney and G have to be really, really good. As far as I'm concerned no one else is really an "x-factor" right now; if those 3 play well we'll be fine, if even one of them struggle we'll be in trouble vs. good teams.

I think if we really are a low ceiling team this game will expose it.

But...if we win it???

I echo your thoughts on this one - I kind of feel like this one will set the bar for me going forward.

It's my bday and I'll be at the game. We got this.

We won on my birthday, I expect the same from you.

Otherwise, no more pay board for you. :(

It's easy to not be nervous when you have no expectations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom