anyone else receive email about parking for next year? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

anyone else receive email about parking for next year?

when i logged in it was the first thing it made me do.

trying in to log in from work so that is likely the problem. Spam and pop up blockers out the wazoo.

You have to judge this on a case by case basis but typically an hour get the job done. For games with an expected high attendance you are better off as I feel like they run more buses. I've waited in line longer for for lesser games.

For those considering I will list pros/cons:

Pros: Skytop has real bathrooms, you will walk less parking at Skytop and it's ALL flat including the walk across the quad, it's cheap, there is more room for tailgating as they are pretty lax about you taking up more than one spot as long as you don't try to park all the way up front, you can sneak beer onto the shuttle just don't try to bring an open container, lots of interaction with opposing fans - the LSU/Clemson fans are great to tailgate with.

Cons: Sometimes the lines can suck trying to get a shuttle and are even worse going back to skytop. the fine lot guys aren't there, there is no college campus feel at skytop since you can't see anything but big dirt mound and the track, they make everyone exit the back of the parking lot creating a very long line at times(But I've figured out how to beat that and exit near Manley).

Happy tailgating to all.

PS. Still in the market for an SU canopy if anyone sees them on sale this year.
This is my concern if I get bumped from the west lots. Adding an hour to a two hour ride home is a problem, especially if you leave a basketball game after 10:00 pm game.

SU’s history of being disorganized gives me little faith this won’t turn into a cluster fcuk. When they changed the points, mine was off but I didn’t care enough to pursue. But now the donor rank has me two levels short of where I should be for annual giving.

I think this refers to the Donor Playbook. Should have received an electronic copy via email about a month ago and an updated hard copy last week.
Ok so I never got that Donors playbook but I was able to click the link on my parking email and look at my Orange Pack standing on the web. Totally great interactive site!

Looks like I might need to step my game up a bit.

Hey there is evidence now right?

yea when looking at the donor playbook , i couldnt tell my ranking the interactive link is very helpful

"Parking selection begins on Wednesday, March 29 "

(The E-Mail has it right, May 29. The page says the above.)

I've looked over my records and remembered that on 12/23/17 I paid preferred seating in advance for the 2018-19 basketball, 2019 football and 2019-2020 basketball seasons so that it could be deducted, (80% of it, as I recall), on my tax returns for 2017. I paid for 2018-19 basketball and got a receipt dated 1/29/18 that listed a "premium zone" payment of $350.00. I paid for my 2019 football tickets on 11/13/18, including a premium zone payment of $95.00. I paid for my 2019-20 basketball tickets and got a receipt dated 3/5/19 that doesn't even say what it's for acknowledging a payment of $475.00, which i think was just for the basketball tickets with the preferred seating having been paid o 12/23/17 and parking to be determined.

if the "preferred seating" or "premium zone" payments, (I assume that's the same thing), count toward the "giving level", will my 12/23/17 payments count toward it? Is it when it was paid, when it was received when it was acknowledged or the season for which it is for?

What is the "current membership year"? (Page 5 says it's July 1, 2019- June 30, 2020 but the applications for the football parking is to be mailed on March 27, 2019 and decided May 29- June 19, 2019.

I've been parking at Manley South since the Dome opened and am used to it. I just want to retain that spot. How much will I have to contribute to do that? Or do i just give as much as I can afford and hope I win the lottery?

I inquired to Kirby Weinhauer about these issues and this was her response:

"Thanks for reaching out. Any premium zone amount or donation affiliated w your tickets is acknowledged and used to build your donor rank. This rank does give you better opportunities to parking. The current membership year for the 2019-2020 Athletics season does begin in July 1st, with our donor lock on May 15th, any donations leading up to that point are applicable.

The specific opportunities that you will have available to park at will be noted in the parking applications coming in the next week. With that being said, I’d rest assure that you have the same parking opportunities in Manley South."

it would be nice to know the capacity of all the lots. My donor rank is currently 1,802 and i just want to stay at South Manley. Is the capacity of the yellow, orange and green areas less than that? If not, then I guess I'll be OK.

"Thanks for reaching out. Any premium zone amount or donation affiliated w your tickets is acknowledged and used to build your donor rank. This rank does give you better opportunities to parking. The current membership year for the 2019-2020 Athletics season does begin in July 1st, with our donor lock on May 15th, any donations leading up to that point are applicable.

The specific opportunities that you will have available to park at will be noted in the parking applications coming in the next week. With that being said, I’d rest assure that you have the same parking opportunities in Manley South."

it would be nice to know the capacity of all the lots. My donor rank is currently 1,802 and i just want to stay at South Manley. Is the capacity of the yellow, orange and green areas less than that? If not, then I guess I'll be OK.

If they're only eliminating 130 spots, as long as there are at least 130 people at Manley who are below you on the totem pole, you should be safe.

Good to know - I thought Kirby was a he. Smart by SU as I'm sure donations are rolling in to move up a designation.

I think there are about 2,600 spots in those main campus lots and garages, so in theory you should be fine.

here is another canopy for those interested, $199

Syracuse Orange Solid Solid Color Tent

214-41__80634.1480106032.800.800.jpg

This is my concern if I get bumped from the west lots. Adding an hour to a two hour ride home is a problem, especially if you leave a basketball game after 10:00 pm game.
I was referring to football. For Basketball I've made it from Manley to my seat in 15-20 min. Wasn't Duke though so YMMV

Good to know - I thought Kirby was a he. Smart by SU as I'm sure donations are rolling in to move up a designation.

That was the one thing I didn't ask about. Not sure why i imagined Kirby was a she. It doesn't much matter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom