Anyone else see enough from AAM | Syracusefan.com

Anyone else see enough from AAM

ForCuseSake

Living Legend
To wonder why we waited until Tulane to give him PT?

I really like the way he keeps his feet moving and can push a pile.

Yes. We've struggled with short yardage, and we've had Adonis on the sidelines this whole time?

Really?

As long as he's got some decent quickness and can move the pile, he can eat at Chipotle every meal for all I care. Jerome Bettis wasn't exactly a spokesperson for Weight Watchers, either.

(And no, I'm not saying Adonis is Jerome Bettis, just pointing out that "bulky" running backs can have success)

To be brutally honest, no.

He's a fat running back. I saw nothing from him that made me think, wow! Basically he takes the handoff and runs straight into the pile, which any offensive lineman could do. I see Adam Harris as a better option if all you need is three yards and a cloud of dust, which is all I see Moore bringing to the table.

As it always gets thrown around, AB is very much a change of pace back and he is the starting tailback but I am sorry to say there were many instances were he just was not able to pick up the tough 4 to 5yds. At least not until that last drive.
I am all up for seeing more of AAM especially in short yardage situations.

As long as he's got some decent quickness and can move the pile, he can eat at Chipotle every meal for all I care. Jerome Bettis wasn't exactly a spokesperson for Weight Watchers, either.

(And no, I'm not saying Adonis is Jerome Bettis, just pointing out that "bulky" running backs can have success)

Bettis was bulky.

Moore is fat.

To be brutally honest, no.

He's a fat running back. I saw nothing from him that made me think, wow! Basically he takes the handoff and runs straight into the pile, which any offensive lineman could do. I see Adam Harris as a better option if all you need is three yards and a cloud of dust, which is all I see Moore bringing to the table.

I've never seen Harris pop a LB on a carry like AAM did tonite.

To wonder why we waited until Tulane to give him PT?

I really like the way he keeps his feet moving and can push a pile.
Didn't get to see the game, but now that his shirt is burned I hope they forcefeed him snaps.

You know, like AAM seems to forcefeed himself hoagies.

And submarine sandwiches. They've got so many names, he's just got to try them all or he'd never be able to forgive himself.

And submarine sandwiches. They've got so many names, he's just got to try them all or he'd never be able to forgive himself.

Actually I was hoping someone would pick up on the obscure Adam Sandler "Lunch Lady Land" reference.

I saw enough of him to realize why he wasn't playing.

They ran two playaction passes with him in the backfield, the first time, instead of blocking the man coming off the edge, he ran between the Pugh and Chibane and didn't block anyone. The second time, he missed the man coming up the middle. When Bailey was on the field on PA's today, he made fantastic blocks. There's a reason AAM hasn't played and that's it.

They ran two playaction passes with him in the backfield, the first time, instead of blocking the man coming off the edge, he ran between the Pugh and Chibane and didn't block anyone. The second time, he missed the man coming up the middle. When Bailey was on the field on PA's today, he made fantastic blocks. There's a reason AAM hasn't played and that's it.

I figured as much. I still prefer him as our short yardage back as opposed to JS.

EDIT - I don't recall them passing w/ AAM in there. I also remember Kose missing the chip on the DE who forced Nassib wide resulting in a bad throw & incompletion.

Wow, you're on fire tonight. Any other players you want to take personal attacks on? Why stop now?

Personal attacks? This is about football. Extra rolls negatively effects a running back's value. I'm not talking about his dating potential. Stop being a wuss.

The kid had plenty of speed. If he lost a few pounds, I'd presume that he could even shuffle his feet a bit more and become more mobile. If I was playing D, I'd hate to try to tackle this kid one-on-one...

AAM is still wayyy more capable of getting an extra yard than any of the other options. At least he can push his weight forward. He might be fat, but he weighs 245 pounds and we need all of the size we can get at this point.

He's bigger than our center for crying out loud.

Exactly bnoro. But block blocking and blitz pickups by freshmen are rare in all of college football in general.

His nickname on the team is, "The Mini-Bus" It suits him well. I was very pleased to see him play and he came as advertised. HCDM spoke about him flashing at the spring game and the heightened fan expectation that came with that flash. Doug said the staff sees him everyday and that he just wasn't ready. Last week at the luncheon, for the first time, Doug said AAM would play. I like the preview of his career that we saw last night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom