Anyone else see enough from AAM | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Anyone else see enough from AAM

His nickname on the team is, "The Mini-Bus"

Just glad his nickname isn't the "short bus"

Also, his body-trype reminds me WAY more of former Wisconsin Badger, Ron Dayne, than Bettis.

And to respond to a post by ForCuseSake, he definitely missed a block on the 4th or 5th play he was in the game. Don't know how many passing plays he was in for as I was somewhat distracted for part of the 2nd half, but definitely saw him miss a basic pick up.

Overall was happy with what I saw. Would rather have 2 and 7 than 2nd and 10. Doubt he turns into any of the aforementioned backs (Dayne/Bettis) but odds are we won't see many negative yardage plays out of AAM. I'll take the tough 3-4 yards.

Personal attacks? This is about football. Extra rolls negatively effects a running back's value. I'm not talking about his dating potential. Stop being a wuss.

This is less about calling AAM fat and more about statements like "the entire roster sucks" which I'm sure bees or one of the other admins nuked last night. If you're any older than 15 you need to take a serious look in the mirror and grow the . Then again by responding to this calling me a wuss pretty much shows your maturity level, so don't really know why I'm even responding.

Actually, I don't know that reference...I'm terribly sorry to admit and disappoint.

But on the brightside, is a new AAM nickname something you might be interested in?

Adonis Ameen-MOORE THICKBURGERS, PLEASE!!!

I said it last night in the chatroom. By the time AAM is a senior, he will be ripped like Delone Carter is. All he needs is time in the weight room and a waiver from the dining hall cuisine. He's gonna be jacked.

Exactly bnoro. But block blocking and blitz pickups by freshmen are rare in all of college football in general.
I understand that it's rare, which is why I wasn't clamoring for him to play like everyone else did. I like what he brings to the table, but it would have been nicer in 2015 than this year.

I understand that it's rare, which is why I wasn't clamoring for him to play like everyone else did. I like what he brings to the table, but it would have been nicer in 2015 than this year.

Yeah, maybe he'll end up winning a game for us, but I'm not crazy about the idea of this kid playing 7 games at maybe 50% of his potential this year rather than 12 games at closer to 100% of his potential in four years.

Sounds like Johnnie Morant all over again.

Coaches rebuilding programs need to win now. They need to use whomever can help them do that.
Yeah, I know. 8-5, then 4-2. But 8 of the last 9 wins have been by a TD or less and could have gone either way. Having a strong inside runner helped us last year and we need one this year as well.

Yeah, maybe he'll end up winning a game for us, but I'm not crazy about the idea of this kid playing 7 games at maybe 50% of his potential this year rather than 12 games at closer to 100% of his potential in four years.

We have ZERO depth at RB. Even with PTG we still lacked depth, which IMO is totally unacceptable.

Bettis was bulky.

Moore is fat.

I got the good fortune to have AAM get about 10 yards from me at the Tulane Game. The guy is NOT fat, he is just a solid, thick dude. Sure, he's not cut, but it's not like he has a gut.

We have ZERO depth at RB. Even with PTG we still lacked depth, which IMO is totally unacceptable.

I know; it's probably the best decision right now. Some of us are going to be making coulda-woulda-shoulda complaints in future years, though, I bet. If he ever gets fit, he's got a chance to be really good.

Now that we've burned the redshirt, I hope we use him a lot.

Now that we've burned the redshirt, I hope we use him a lot.[/quote]

That's all I care about. I can totally understand burning the shirt. I don't understand why it didn't happen last week, if they were going to do it. IMO that is one of many decisions that may have cost us a win by itself. But now there is no reason not to use him whenever necessary. You burned it, he clearly brings something to the table, and at worst should be splitting carries with PTG next year, so let him learn and feed him opportunities. There is no reason he shouldn't be in for short-yard carries, and he should be getting the majority of carries when we have a lead in the 4th quarter. Other than that I would like to see him get to work at least a few series on every third or fourth drive, although I can understand that a lot of those decisions may be based on how his blocking comes along.

I know; it's probably the best decision right now. Some of us are going to be making coulda-woulda-shoulda complaints in future years, though, I bet. If he ever gets fit, he's got a chance to be really good.

Now that we've burned the redshirt, I hope we use him a lot.

If we can get to another bowl game, we'll have a chance to recruit more good tailbacks in the future who will be in the mix in 2015.

To wonder why we waited until Tulane to give him PT?

I really like the way he keeps his feet moving and can push a pile.

Did you see the jiggly fat on the back of his arms? Wow, that kid is a real chow hound. Could eat himself out of a scholarship. THAT'S why he hasn't seen the field until now. Too tubby.

I said it last night in the chatroom. By the time AAM is a senior, he will be ripped like Delone Carter is. All he needs is time in the weight room and a waiver from the dining hall cuisine. He's gonna be jacked.

Or he could follow the footsteps of so many other college aged guys and look like the sta-puft marshmallow man by his senior year, with more rolls than a deli.

You, know, Pete, like i did.

Did you see the jiggly fat on the back of his arms? Wow, that kid is a real chow hound. Could eat himself out of a scholarship. THAT'S why he hasn't seen the field until now. Too tubby.

And Ron Dayne was a svelte kid. Just because his body fat percentage isn't below 15% like Delone doesn't mean he can't thrive in short yardage situations and running up the gut. He definitely has first step burst, and I don't think anyone ever mistook him for a burner so that's all he needs right now.

We worry way too much about redshirting. I say we focus on key elements like whether Barry Baker counts against schollies.

He's a glorified Al Wooten.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom