Anyone else watching UConn... | Syracusefan.com

Anyone else watching UConn...

JeremyCuse

Renowned lacrosse analyst
Comedy of errors all around and a classic rock fight. Uconn blows a late lead and the game despite Houston trying to give it away with a late technical foul and 5 second violation. Uconn now 10-8 and 1-4 in the AAC. Gotta wonder if a certain forward from Albany has realized he was sold a bill of goods.

The coaching genius of Hurley... Draws up a play for a walk on who just checked in for the first time all game with 7 seconds left hahahaha
Learn the game. Any coach can draw up a play for their best player. It takes a certain talent to get the ball to a guy that has no chance to make a play.

Watched most of the second half, it was brutal. Had a feeling if I hung around Uconn would blow it, glad I was rewarded.
They’ve certainly not been closing games. Also that last play wasn’t intentionally drawn for the walk-in but either way very odd

In fairness to UConn ( not that they deserve it) it was a surprise they even competed the last couple games given they lost their only real shooter in Polley.

I haven't watched many of their games, but Akok isn't very impressive to me. And they absolutely can't shoot. I don't see how people thought they were on the upswing.

I haven't watched many of their games, but Akok isn't very impressive to me. And they absolutely can't shoot. I don't see how people thought they were on the upswing.

Hes flashed a bit but hes very raw and doesn't really have a concrete position on the court as hes not a physical PF but can block shots and hit 3s. As zoo pointed out they lost their only real shooter for the year due to injury and their guards especially Gilbert have been an absolute disaster late in games. Were talking Paul Harris vs Pitt bad.

Disagree.
Akok is very very raw, but has some real talent, especially as a shot blocker. Good bball IQ from the games I’ve watched. If he stays more than a couple of years, he’ll be a player for the mutts.
The real gem for them is the other frosh, Bouknight. That kid will be a stud.
Maybe their biggest weakness at an upswing is sitting on the bench!

Buddy and JG3 is a better back court than whatever UConn is throwing out there.

After the Nova game Hurley said “you better get us now because we’re coming”. Dude is just clueless. He keeps talking about it only being year 2, but UConn is worse than they were in November. I’m sure it’s Ollies fault though

Not being able to close out games is coaching.

I can’t name a single time Uconn has played above their level and upset someone. UF is trash. Was it us November 2018?

The end of the game was bizzare, but they didn’t draw up that shot for the walk on. The more disturbing action by Hurley was him initiating a conversation with the Houston player which resulted in a “T” on the kid after words were exchanged.

Coaches should never engage opposing players. Maybe if he focused more on his players, they could close out some games.

he’s a powder keg waiting to erupt.