Anyone else watching UConn... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Anyone else watching UConn...

Hurley defended Gilbert A LOT. He also said at the start of last year he was going to be a stud. He’s regressed big time.

This isn’t a good look for Gilbert or Hurley

Watching UConn/Memphis...ugly! UConn only up 1 at half despite 15 turnovers from Memphis (much of them unforced), UConn has 10 turnovers.

Gotta say, even if Memphis gets into the tourney they seem like an obvious 1st round exit. They just look clueless

Watching UConn/Memphis...ugly! UConn only up 1 at half despite 15 turnovers from Memphis (much of them unforced), UConn has 10 turnovers.

Gotta say, even if Memphis gets into the tourney they seem like an obvious 1st round exit. They just look clueless

Horrific...the first sequence I saw after I turned it on:

Memphis snags an Akok airball, and has a 2/3rds court pass picked off (Bouknight saved it towards his own basket). Uconn player drives down - no Memphis player bothered to stop the ball - and bricks a lay-up. Memphis gets the rebound , and again throws a 2/3rds court pass, which is again picked off, and leads to a missed Uconn layup.

Hurley and Hardaway may be good assemblers of talent, but can they coach? Actually, I know Hurley can't, but can Hardaway?

Memphis’ home court is... something. Wow.

Memphis’ home court is... something. Wow.
I watched the last 5 or 6 minutes. Not because of the quality of play, It was awful.

I don’t think I have ever seen two teams play so stupidly so consistently for a sustained period, But I had to keep watching. For the same reason people slow down and rubble neck while driving past accident scenes.

There were no survivors. UConn lost again, played just a little worse than Memphis did. CBS must have loved having to televise this.

Uconn and the fighting Hurley's lose again despite Memphis turning it over about 30 times. Uconn now 2-6 in the AAC. Oofa

Oh, but they’ll do much better in the New Big East... :rolleyes:

If they are in 2-6 in the AAC how do they think they are going to win in the Big East which is thought to be a deeper conference?
I have no idea how Andre Jackson or any legit recruit with options would want to play for that clown Hurley and the trainwreck that UConn has been.

KenPom has the BE significantly better.

Right now, the ACC is equal to the SEC, slightly better than the P12 and closer to the AAC than it is to the B10/B12/BE.

it’s just a really down year for the ACC. We only have 7 top 60 teams out of 15 teams. B10 has 12 top 40 teams, B12 has 6 top 60 teams (out of 10) and the BE has 7 top 60 teams out of 10 and no team ranked worse than 79
I don’t know what’s going on, but this shouldn’t be the case. Seton Hall is a top 20 team?!? Seton Hall? I know it’s just one season, but how are these formerly lowly Big East programs (several with tiny enrollments) doing better than Syracuse, Gtown and UConn? It’s bizarre. Up is down for a couple years running now. Conference realignment ruined everything. I’m not a fan of parity either. The product is watered down overall.

Last edited: