Anyone else | Syracusefan.com

Anyone else

Makes a lot of sense to have WVU in the ACC.

No. We’ve owned their ass in and out of conference for the last several years, and I like it that way. Plus it is so nice to have the Schwarzwalder Trophy in Syracuse instead of Morgantown.

WVU is a more B12 than ACC plus at least Louisville brings good basketball to the ACC

Personally I would love to see Cincinnati get into the ACC, send Notre Dame and their high horse to the curb
Interesting idea.

What do you think that does to the value of the ACC basketball contract? Or to viewership of all the ACC network? Or to ACC lacrosse? Or to the football games ND schedules with ACC teams because of their partial membership in the Conference?

How about the overall academic standing of the ACC?

Let’s trade a top academic school with a robust athletic program with a huge national audience of lovers and haters for a school most of the country doesn’t know even exists. That’s your idea, is it?

Temple makes perfect sense for ACC. Their football program is getting better plus the Philly market is huge

Ohh!! Lets make this another expansion thread.

How about WVU is added to the Coastal, and becomes our crossover rivalry as they’re pitt’s bigger rival. The Coastal steps closer to competitiveness.

then Cincy’s added to the Atlantic because they’re actually worth a p5 invite

Temple makes perfect sense for ACC. Their football program is getting better plus the Philly market is huge

No offense, Jimmy T. But this “idea” is just too fat of a target to pass up.

You are right, Philadelphia and SE Pa and Southern NJ is a Big market.

Especially for the Iggles, Phillies, Flyers and Sixers. And there is some college basketball interest there too for NoVa and the Big Five, which includes Temple.

But we had Temple in the Big East and threw them out for lack of fans. I actually went to a Temple game against SU in Philly when McNabb played and we were ranked. There were no more than 7k in the stands and half of them were Orange fans.

This “big market” idea is how the Big Ten ended up with Rutgers. A decision the B1G brass has to scratching their heads over.

Philly is a big market for pro football, cheesesteaks, and Tastycakes. But not for college football except for Penn State.

You get an “A” for creativity for this suggestion, but not in History.

Yes, because WVU would immediately become our best rivalry if we played them every year. The SU-WVU series has been a memorable one and it always had some juice to it, unlike SU-BC or SU-Pitt.

I’d sacrifice the mild basketball hit of dropping LVille for WVU, in order to get a real football rivalry.

Would like to have Maryland and West Virginia. Kick Virginia Tech out. Nobody likes them. Stupid Hokie!

Interesting idea.

What do you think that does to the value of the ACC basketball contract? Or to viewership of all the ACC network? Or to ACC lacrosse? Or to the football games ND schedules with ACC teams because of their partial membership in the Conference?

How about the overall academic standing of the ACC?

Let’s trade a top academic school with a robust athletic program with a huge national audience of lovers and haters for a school most of the country doesn’t know even exists. That’s your idea, is it?

Yup you are all in or your not, why does one team get special treatment? Screw them, join or go elsewhere, will people stop watching the ACC teams because Notre Dame isn't active in Olympic sports?? doubt it

I don't actually care. I'll see them all in Hell.

Yup you are all in or your not, why does one team get special treatment? Screw them, join or go elsewhere, will people stop watching the ACC teams because Notre Dame isn't active in Olympic sports?? doubt it

Actually, some people are attracted to watch ND to root for or against them in a way they would not be for SU or NC State. That’s why the ND football games are on prime time, network TV with huge TV audiences and not on the ACCN at noon on Saturday.

Jealousy, hate and spite are not particularly good as the foundations of a business strategy.

But we both know you know this. It’s just good to vent one’s spleen occasionally, I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom