Anyone going to Cuse @ FSU? | Syracusefan.com

Anyone going to Cuse @ FSU?

Cusean

Walk On
First time poster, longtime lurker. I am a recent SU grad who lives in Southwest Florida and planning to make the trip to Tallahassee for the basketball game this weekend.

Wondering if anyone else is going?

First time poster, longtime lurker. I am a recent SU grad who lives in Southwest Florida and planning to make the trip to Tallahassee for the basketball game this weekend.

Wondering if anyone else is going?
Hey are you in the Fort Myers area? I know a SU young grad in the media business who travels to all at FSU and Miami games when possible

Mark, that’s me! Finally decided to make an account. Had a great time at the game and was able to meet-up with some fans, which was awesome.

Mark, that’s me! Finally decided to make an account. Had a great time at the game and was able to meet-up with some fans, which was awesome.
Props to you and everyone else who went to the game.

Looked like the Syracuse fans made some noise and had a decent showing (in terms of numbers).

It also looked like FSU fans did not show up for the game. Looked like the arena was at least half empty. Maybe more.

Was attendance as bad in person as it looked like on TV?

Props to you and everyone else who went to the game.

Looked like the Syracuse fans made some noise and had a decent showing (in terms of numbers).

It also looked like FSU fans did not show up for the game. Looked like the arena was at least half empty. Maybe more.

Was attendance as bad in person as it looked like on TV?
I would say the Tucker Center was at about 65%. The student section was pretty much filled, which contributed to most of the noise. As the game got tight toward the end, the crowd certainly got into it and made it a tough environment for our guys.

We had maybe 100 or so SU fans there. I sat with four others, including one guy who traveled from Georgia. He's been a lifelong Syracuse fan going back to the 2003 Championship, but had never seen the team before in person. It was cool being able to watch the game through his perspective.

A side note about FSU fans: from my perspective, they are a really kind bunch. Many took the time to stop and thank me for coming to the game. Several also shook my hand and offered their congratulations after the win. I also went up to Tallahassee for this same matchup in early 2020. As I was waiting to enter the building, a woman behind me struck up conversation. I noted how I appreciated the hospitality that Seminole fans showed and she responded "I'll have to let me husband know." I later found out her husband was the President of Florida State, John Thrasher. We exchanged information and she emailed me later that weekend inviting me to sit with her the next time I came up for a game. Unfortunately, President Thrasher retired this past summer and with COVID, I was unable to attend a game last season. But her gesture was a generous one that I will always remember.

P.S. sutomcat, I really enjoy the thoughtfulness and depth of your posts. Hope to meet you at a game or one of Mark's tailgates sometime.

I would say the Tucker Center was at about 65%. The student section was pretty much filled, which contributed to most of the noise. As the game got tight toward the end, the crowd certainly got into it and made it a tough environment for our guys.

We had maybe 100 or so SU fans there. I sat with four others, including one guy who traveled from Georgia. He's been a lifelong Syracuse fan going back to the 2003 Championship, but had never seen the team before in person. It was cool being able to watch the game through his perspective.

A side note about FSU fans: from my perspective, they are a really kind bunch. Many took the time to stop and thank me for coming to the game. Several also shook my hand and offered their congratulations after the win. I also went up to Tallahassee for this same matchup in early 2020. As I was waiting to enter the building, a woman behind me struck up conversation. I noted how I appreciated the hospitality that Seminole fans showed and she responded "I'll have to let me husband know." I later found out her husband was the President of Florida State, John Thrasher. We exchanged information and she emailed me later that weekend inviting me to sit with her the next time I came up for a game. Unfortunately, President Thrasher retired this past summer and with COVID, I was unable to attend a game last season. But her gesture was a generous one that I will always remember.

P.S. sutomcat, I really enjoy the thoughtfulness and depth of your posts. Hope to meet you at a game or one of Mark's tailgates sometime.
That's a great story about the President's wife and her invite!

Hey, sorry I couldn't make it. I had a family commitment.

Hopefully you can fly up to Cuse for a game next Fall.

Nice post. Please post more often!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom