Anyone know what the Miami DC was saying to Eric | Syracusefan.com

Anyone know what the Miami DC was saying to Eric

I'm actually glad Miami is back. I like their swag, I like the gold chain and they're good for the ACC since that side of the conference is a joke outside VT.

That being said.. **** those keyboard toughguys on their forum. Dungey played his worst game as a Syracuse QB on your ghetto middle school field and still almost beat that ass.

It took cheap shot after cheap shot while he was down along with your front 7 laying on him like Brokeback Mountain and y'all still couldn't knock him out.

I'm actually rooting for the U to win out, along with Clemson, so they match up in the ACCCG. That guarantees the ACC a spot in the CFP when Clemson whoops up on em as they play on an actual football field.

How about less tough talk from the fans who clearly don't go to games?.. There's not many teams a Syracuse fan can mock about crowds lately but Miami is definitely one of them.

Last edited:
He started by emphatically stating "I have NEVER seen...", that's all my lip reading could decipher. Seemed like he was basically complimenting Dungey on how hard he played & how impressed he was watching him tough it out & play through pain.

He started by emphatically stating "I have NEVER seen...", that's all my lip reading could decipher. Seemed like he was basically complimenting Dungey on how hard he played & how impressed he was watching him tough it out & play through pain.

That's what I took from it. The last couple minutes of the game were heated but think he was complimenting Dungey after the game.

Wow, that has to be the worst group of forum posters I've ever seen.
Yeah. After visiting forums like clemson tigernet and the Canes board, we have no idea how lucky we are to have our mods. This is easily the most civil board in college sports. I'm serious. There is some vile stuff out there.

Every fan of a team from Florida is a complete ftard. If there were any decency left in the world, they'd all be rounded up and summarily executed. Then drawn and quartered, then tarred and feathered, then burnt at the stake, then used as panfish bait.

Yeah. After visiting forums like clemson tigernet and the Canes board, we have no idea how lucky we are to have our mods. This is easily the most civil board in college sports. I'm serious. There is some vile stuff out there.
Could you put in a good word for us with the management. Our yearly review is coming up soon. ;)

Every fan of a team from Florida is a complete ftard. If there were any decency left in the world, they'd all be rounded up and summarily executed. Then drawn and quartered, then tarred and feathered, then burnt at the stake, then used as panfish bait.
My 91 year old grandmother is a Florida State fan dude!

I’m reminded now of why I always hated Miami. The trash talking, the gold chain, the fact that they refer to themselves as “The U”. They’ve always held a spot just above Ped State for me in schools I despise. When they make that stupid hand gesture I want to flick a paper football through it. I hate Sebastian the Ibis as well. I feel a bit better now.
I’m glad we won’t have to see them again until next year’s ACC Championship game.

To be clear, everyone who has a problem with Miami's gold turnover chain also despises our gold turnover gloves, correct?

I didn't like a lot of UM's extra curriculars after the whistle but think the chain is awesome. Let the kids have fun. They do it on their own sideline & celebrate together as a team. The kids are actually so excited to come put it on that they immediately hustle off the field instead of staying on to draw attention to themselves. It's brilliant, really.

Also, the UM assistant wasn't trash talking ED, he was pulling his player away & motioning for ED to go back to his sideline, exactly how a coach should handle it.

Last edited:
To be clear, everyone who has a problem with Miami's gold turnover chain also despises our gold turnover gloves, correct?

I didn't like a lot of UM's extra curriculars after the whistle but think the chain is awesome. Let the kids have fun. They do it on their own sideline & celebrate together as a team. The kids are actually so excited to come put it on that they immediately hustle off the field instead of staying on to draw attention to themselves. It's brilliant, really.

Also, the UM assistant wasn't trash talking ED, he was pulling his player away & motioning for ED to go back to his sideline, exactly how a coach should handle it.

I’m not buying the “draw attention to themselves” part. The first pick, the kid was up standing on the bench playing to the crowd with his chain on...that’s drawing as much attention to himself as anything he could do staying on the field.

I don’t really care, just saying.

I have watched every game this year and have yet to see the gold turnover gloves mentioned in this thread. Yes, we don't get many turnovers but we get SOME. And I know they highlighted Clemson's gloves reward for defensive whatever on TV.

There is something that bothers me about the chain ... like it speaks to a particular sort of venal attitude. Boxing gloves are just another sports reference which in itself is odd but I get the reference to toughness, etc.

I’m not buying the “draw attention to themselves” part. The first pick, the kid was up standing on the bench playing to the crowd with his chain on...that’s drawing as much attention to himself as anything he could do staying on the field.

I don’t really care, just saying.
Yes, but I've yet to see a player flagged for excessive celebration on his own sideline. I see it as harmless fun & it energizes the team & brings them together. If we came up with it, most here would love it.

I have watched every game this year and have yet to see the gold turnover gloves mentioned in this thread. Yes, we don't get many turnovers but we get SOME. And I know they highlighted Clemson's gloves reward for defensive whatever on TV.

There is something that bothers me about the chain ... like it speaks to a particular sort of venal attitude. Boxing gloves are just another sports reference which in itself is odd but I get the reference to toughness, etc.
They debuted @LSU. We haven't forced a turnover (other than Dungey's "re-gift" Saturday) since.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom