Anyone know why these jerseys went away? | Syracusefan.com

Anyone know why these jerseys went away?

Alsacs

Living Legend
D025018F-1F4A-4A42-8F22-E3D4D7284740.jpeg

We had light blue jerseys with orange/white/dark blue trims.

They had to be from the 1979-1980 season.
I snapped it off my phone watching Requiem for the Big East.

We had light blue jerseys with orange/white/dark blue trims.

They had to be from the 1979-1980 season.
I snapped it off my phone watching Requiem for the Big East.

Those jerseys were as ugly as Boeheim's jacket!

Geez, it's really hard looking back at how we all dressed in the 70s. Those were some hang-loose times, but we wore some ridiculous, ugly-ass clothes back then! I'm surprised they let us go outside looking like that. LOL

Didn’t we wear sky blue vs Kentucky one year and got smashed and said we were never wearing them again?

Those jerseys were as ugly as Boeheim's jacket!

Geez, it's really hard looking back at how we all dressed in the 70s. Those were some hang-loose times, but we wore some ridiculous, ugly-ass clothes back then! I'm surprised they let us go outside looking like that. LOL

I have a theory that right now we are living through another "1970s", in the sense that people just look ridiculous fashion-wise but we won't really appreciate it fully until we are 10-20 years out. Like the man-buns and the hipster beards, etc.

I have a theory that right now we are living through another "1970s", in the sense that people just look ridiculous fashion-wise but we won't really appreciate it fully until we are 10-20 years out. Like the man-buns and the hipster beards, etc.

With scooters. I really hate scooters.

Whenever I see someone fly by on one of those scooters I just assume they're going to get hit by a bus within the hour.

Somehow they're allowed to be littered all over sidewalks of the DMV. I just don't get it, what's wrong with walking?

And to the thread, a throwback of those would be sweet.

Whenever I see someone fly by on one of those scooters I just assume they're going to get hit by a bus within the hour.

You hope, anyway ...

Luckily, the man bun seems to have only had about a year in the sun, then died a swift death.

Skinny pants and leggings will be the enduring black eyes for fashion from this time period. Oddly, both are trends reborn from the 80's.

Didn’t we wear sky blue vs Kentucky one year and got smashed and said we were never wearing them again?

Feb 28, 1988.

19880228Syracuse2.jpg

Also tried the blues against Notre Dame on Feb 24, 2008. And lost.

large_flynnblueunnies.jpg

And then there were the blue shorts against BC in 2014.

Fair2.jpg

Never again !!

Does anyone remember these sky blue road jerseys and were they one offs or did we wear them a lot?
Also are they from 1979-80 or earlier?

Very cool look for the era, would've been awesome if SU had some sense for this stuff and broken out that style of throwback for the Orr/Bouie jersey retirement game.

But of course Gross and Giansante would've doubled down and accidentally made them purple or something.

The more I think about it, how can this not be SOP for SU's jersey retirement games? Guy earns a jersey retirement (which usually gets limited TV attention and happens during halftime or some other rushed moment when half the crowd is in the concourses), the team should be wearing that player's style of uniform. It's marketing 101.

The more I think about it, how can this not be SOP for SU's jersey retirement games? Guy earns a jersey retirement (which usually gets limited TV attention and happens during halftime or some other rushed moment when half the crowd is in the concourses), the team should be wearing that player's style of uniform. It's marketing 101.
We did wear the Pearl jerseys against Georgetown 3 years ago in 2016-17.
When we honored Pearl.

It should be SOP when you retire a guy’s jersey. Have the team bust out that ERA uniform. Like when Hakim Warrick or GMac get it next bust out the 03 Era uniform.

Feb 28, 1988.

19880228Syracuse2.jpg

Also tried the blues against Notre Dame on Feb 24, 2008. And lost.

large_flynnblueunnies.jpg

And then there were the blue shorts against BC in 2014.

Fair2.jpg

Never again !!
I may be one or two off, but I think we turned the ball over close to 30+ times in that Kentucky game.

If we wore the blue jerseys against Colgate or a tomato can we would win and this notion they are cursed would go away.
What I find funny is that people love the blue home football jersey but don’t want basketball wearing blue.
I feel like football should wear orange more and basketball mixing in blue once a year or twice wouldn’t be a big deal.
The women’s basketball team has a blue jersey and they win in them.

I may be one or two off, but I think we turned the ball over close to 30+ times in that Kentucky game.

I know we turned it over 33 times at Rupp in 1995 in the Roderick Rhodes game. Might be a team record.

Edit: I got the turnovers right, but Rhodes didn't have the game I remembered: Syracuse at Kentucky (February 5, 1995)

Back when they had to make a point of noting that Boeheim owned Pitino, funny.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom