Anyone know why these jerseys went away? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Anyone know why these jerseys went away?

Those navy johnny flynn jerseys are AWESOME. Love those shorts. Yeah we lost in them, who cares lol

I'll say it's a pretty sharp look.

But it's weird to go to a school that wears blue and break out a new blue uniform. Very gracious of us to dress up like our hosts.

I'll say it's a pretty sharp look.

But it's weird to go to a school that wears blue and break out a new blue uniform. Very gracious of us to dress up like our hosts.

That's a solid point. Hopefully come September 14th all the Clemson fans bust out their new Orange tshirts and do us a solid haha

We had light blue jerseys with orange/white/dark blue trims.

They had to be from the 1979-1980 season.
I snapped it off my phone watching Requiem for the Big East.
I watched that last night myself. That 1984 BET final against Georgetown tucked me off about as much as it did back then. Total screw job. For all those that complain about ACC refs, suggest you watch that ending. Loved JB throwing the chair into the wall at the newsconference.

The more I think about it, how can this not be SOP for SU's jersey retirement games? Guy earns a jersey retirement (which usually gets limited TV attention and happens during halftime or some other rushed moment when half the crowd is in the concourses), the team should be wearing that player's style of uniform. It's marketing 101.

As a self-labeled jersey snob, I absolutely agree with you. Let’s take it a step further. When we retire a guy’s jersey and give them a framed jersey, let’s actually TRY to make sure the framed jersey we’re giving them is the same jersey style they actually PLAYED in. Of course in addition to actually spelling their name right. If it wasn’t enough of a mess that we can’t spell Roosevelt Bouie’s name right, the framed jersey we gave him was from the present day.

I know we turned it over 33 times at Rupp in 1995 in the Roderick Rhodes game. Might be a team record.

Edit: I got the turnovers right, but Rhodes didn't have the game I remembered: Syracuse at Kentucky (February 5, 1995)

Back when they had to make a point of noting that Boeheim owned Pitino, funny.

Kentucky played horrible in that game too.

Horrific basketball game between two very talented teams.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom