Class of 2016 - Anyone want to make any predictions? | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Anyone want to make any predictions?

SUFan44

Hall of Fame
Obviously a huge recruiting weekend coming up with a ton of top targets.

Who commits? Do we get any commitments from the weekend?

I'll start - I think we get Thompson and Green. Mullins to Cal, Tucker/Diallo hold off.

Zero inside info but just a prediction to get things going...

I'll be happy with any commit over the weekend, and that would likely be Thompson. To be honest, I'm not 100% sold they all even make the trip being an unofficial one. I know Mullins could decide any moment now as well

I think Thompson and Mullins commit between now and the end of this weekend.

I put Green at 45% to commit this weekend.

I think [actually, it's more like hope] that Mullins and Green commit this weekend. Thompson holds off, and the staff moves on to Dembele. Tucker holds off, but we land him in a month.

I think [actually, it's more like hope] that Mullins and Green commit this weekend. Thompson holds off, and the staff moves on to Dembele. Tucker holds off, but we land him in a month.

I think the guy who holds off a month is Diallo. If Mali leaves, he tries to reclassify and commit for this year. I hope we get him for next year anyway, even if Mali is back for 2016-17.

Green is the most important 2017 recruit
Tucker would be nice to get the 2017 ball rolling, and allow the staff to put more energy and attention to the higher targets
Thompson would be a good 2016 late addition, I'd be looking for him to be the starting PF as a sophomore
Diallo would be an unbelievable get, and would be a huge step forward for the program preparing for the post JB era

Green is the most important 2017 recruit
Tucker would be nice to get the 2017 ball rolling, and allow the staff to put more energy and attention to the higher targets
Thompson would be a good 2016 late addition, I'd be looking for him to be the starting PF as a sophomore
Diallo would be an unbelievable get, and would be a huge step forward for the program preparing for the post JB era
ESPN reports that Diallo committed to Providence yesterday.

Alpha Diallo, he chose Providence over OkSt, UF, and UConn

Is anyone really expecting any of these kids to make a decision this weekend? Maybe Thompson will finally be ready to pull the trigger one way or the other, but I can't see any of the 2017 kids making any sort of decision. Diallo and Quade seem more than ready to let this play out over the summer, not sure about Tucker.

Is anyone really expecting any of these kids to make a decision this weekend? Maybe Thompson will finally be ready to pull the trigger one way or the other, but I can't see any of the 2017 kids making any sort of decision. Diallo and Quade seem more than ready to let this play out over the summer, not sure about Tucker.

Yes, I expect dominoes to start toppling. These aren't just kids experiencing what SU has to offer for the first time--these are kids we've been recruiting for the better part of a year or longer. Quade Green and Diallo [in particular], the staff is pulling out all the stops to land.

We need to land one or both. The fact that Moyer is also making the trip is huge from a recruiting standpoint. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see 1 or 2 commits result from this weekend. If that doesn't happen, we're in poor shape.

Yes, I expect dominoes to start toppling. These aren't just kids experiencing what SU has to offer for the first time--these are kids we've been recruiting for the better part of a year or longer. Quade Green and Diallo [in particular], the staff is pulling out all the stops to land.

We need to land one or both. The fact that Moyer is also making the trip is huge from a recruiting standpoint. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see 1 or 2 commits result from this weekend. If that doesn't happen, we're in poor shape.
I can tell you think something's going to happen soon, since you've been lurking. lol. Me too.

He's still deciding, but not among this weekend's visitors, correct?

I think Thompson and Mullins commit between now and the end of this weekend.

I put Green at 45% to commit this weekend.
I thought we gave up on Mullins. He took his visit, then visited Cal last time I heard. Has anything changed? If he's coming this weekend, that would be a different story completely (he was just here, so that might mean a commitment in person).

Mullins is not coming this weekend, but has said he will make his decision this week. We haven't given up on him as far as I know.

I thought we gave up on Mullins. He took his visit, then visited Cal last time I heard. Has anything changed? If he's coming this weekend, that would be a different story completely (he was just here, so that might mean a commitment in person).
Thompson coming there as well. A double commit will put the Orange back into the FF with a far better chance to win it all. I look forward to an exciting front court. I believe points and boards will be their forte. This includes of course Chukwu and Moyer along with I hope Lydon's powered up torso.Battle will help the back court and Howard's over all progress. I'm optimistic about this coming team if the parts com together including two more additions to the roster.

If Mal leaves for sure, hopefully we do get Mullins. After taking a dive into his stats, he really was the best player on Colombia last year. If we sign him and Mal leaves we still will be really good. That should give us enough shooting to compete with the big boys.

He's still deciding, but not among this weekend's visitors, correct?

It is separate, correct. But several sources have suggested he's deciding this week. So we could hear something fairly soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom