Class of 2016 - Anyone want to make any predictions? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Anyone want to make any predictions?

I'd be very curious to see what Francis03 thinks

I think Green and TT commit. I think we get Gillon. I think Hami is probably a long shot. I'm not sure about Tucker, but I think he's gonna wait a few more months.

Why do you say that?

Because we are facing having a tremendously imbalanced roster next year, with possibly only TWO guards if Mali goes pro.

Gillon is a double figure scorer, an experienced player who on paper would be able to contribute right away [if not potentially start], and a decent three point shooter. We need to add him just so that we can field a reasonable backcourt rotation next year.

Because we are facing having a tremendously imbalanced roster next year, with possibly only TWO guards if Mali goes pro.

Gillon is a double figure scorer, an experienced player who on paper would be able to contribute right away [if not potentially start], and a decent three point shooter. We need to add him just so that we can field a reasonable backcourt rotation next year.
Not to mention inexperienced - our guard rotation currently consists of a frosh and a first-year starter. Gillon is huge, I actually like his game far greater than Mullins.

I'd be very curious to see what Francis03 thinks

I think Green and TT commit. I think we get Gillon. I think Hami is probably a long shot. I'm not sure about Tucker, but I think he's gonna wait a few more months.
If we're going to finally land some commits then I'll say Gilly and TT would be the most likely. I really hope for Q. Green, but I think he'll hold out to see if Duke and UK will offer soon before committing. I think similar with Hami. He'll stretch things out until he visits UK and other big time schools. Tucker would probably be the best possibility out of the 2017 group to commit after the visit.

Are the recruits allowed to go to the Basket-Ball Gala ? Seems like a lot going on this weekend?

Last edited:
If we're going to finally land some commits then I'll say Gilly and TT would be the most likely. I really hope for Q. Green, but I think he'll hold out to see if Duke and UK will offer soon before committing. I think similar with Hami. He'll stretch things out until he visits UK and other big time schools. Tucker would probably be the best possibility out of the 2017 group to commit after the visit.
Hypothetically, if we lose out on Quade, Hami, Tucker, Walker, Richards, etc...how screwed are we? Do you see us with any contingency plans or plan B's?

Hypothetically, if we lose out on Quade, Hami, Tucker, Walker, Richards, etc...how screwed are we? Do you see us with any contingency plans or plan B's?
PG is the only position where the big drop off is at after Green when looking at the some of the other options that we could possibly land. Plenty of depth at the other positions for us to end up with quality talent if we were to miss out on a few top line guys.

A double commit will put the Orange back into the FF with a far better chance to win it all. I look forward to an exciting front court.

That's a hell of a prediction.

If you just wanted to find out if we had solid backups to the various players we're recruiting at different positions, why wouldn't you just ask THAT question instead of "HOW SCREWED ARE WE?"

Last edited:
Guarantee we dont miss on all of them, I see the class as Green, Richards, Tucker. Outside of that its fluid between Randolph, Walker, Diallo..,,,new names will pop up throughout the year too. We will be able to offer a lot of PT, no chance we strike out this class imo. Will add two forwards im sure as well

Guarantee we dont miss on all of them, I see the class as Green, Richards, Tucker. Outside of that its fluid between Randolph, Walker, Diallo..,,,new names will pop up throughout the year too. We will be able to offer a lot of PT, no chance we strike out this class imo. Will add two forwards im sure as well
As of today, it is likely our 2017 roster is only Howard, Moyer, and Chukwu. THat's unreal. Robey and DC graduating. Lydon, Mali, Tyus to the NBA. Even if we get Gillon he'll be gone in 2017. That's gotta be an easy sell to recruits.

As of today, it is likely our 2017 roster is only Howard, Moyer, and Chukwu. THat's unreal. Robey and DC graduating. Lydon, Mali, Tyus to the NBA. Even if we get Gillon he'll be gone in 2017. That's gotta be an easy sell to recruits.
Part of the reason Moyer coming up is huge, he is one of the few that will still be around and if the kid was any more orange, Willy Wonka would have kidnapped him and put him to work.

orangefog said:
Part of the reason Moyer coming up is huge, he is one of the few that will still be around and if the kid was any more orange, Willy Wonka would have kidnapped him and put him to work.

I'm with you here fog. I think having Matthew Moyer up will play a huge role this weekend.

Have we ever had multiple recruits verbal commit at the same time, ie same weekend?

Are these recruits all super tight with Moyer? I mean Moyer is a nice prospect but he's not some instant impact stud, imo. He's still raw in areas. I hope Moyer's presence will mean as much as we hope!
At this point, Moyer's biggest benefits to the Orange are off-the-court: understanding of the program, enthusiasm for the program, willingness to sell the program. All of this from the perspective of respected (as Gatorade CT Player of the Year) peer. I think he's the coaching staff's not-so-secret weapon.

Have we ever had multiple recruits verbal commit at the same time, ie same weekend?
Did Rick and Scoop commit together?

These kids could make history this weekend - it would incredible to walk away with 5 verbal commits this weekend (unlikely, but still) -- the scary part is if they all leave (including Gillon) without committing, this place will go bonkers

Did Rick and Scoop commit together?

These kids could make history this weekend - it would incredible to walk away with 5 verbal commits this weekend (unlikely, but still) -- the scary part is if they all leave (including Gillon) without committing, this place will go bonkers
I think that even they were a few days apart. If I remember correctly.

I think that even they were a few days apart. If I remember correctly.

Correct--Scoop first, then Rick a few days later. I don't think Rick was strongly considering us [or vice versa, or both] until Scoop committed, then the focus completely changed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom