AP / Coaches Polls for Oct 20 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

AP / Coaches Polls for Oct 20

If we can beat Pitt not only will we be in the top 25 but we might go all the way up to about #18. A lot of teams near the bottom of the top 25 have really tough games.

#16 Kansas State vs Kansas. Kansas is worse than expected but still no gimme
#17 Boise State at UNLV
#18 Ole Miss vs Oklahoma
#19 Pitt vs us
#20 Illinois at #1 Oregon
#21 Missouri at #15 Alabama (either would drop below us)
#22 SMU at Duke
#24 Navy vs #12 Notre Dame
$25 Vanderbilt vs #5 Texas

because everyone sucks.
Thanks NIL.
Is it that everyone sucks or that NIL has leveled the playing field allowing teams not usually able to attract blue blood talent now be able to?

I really don't get why this is so hard to understand. SU lost, at home, to a team that likely won't win another game and will probably finish on the "10 worst" lists. It will take a lot to change the perception.

Polls Mean Nothing until the end of the season !!!
I would argue that maybe until the CFP rankings are released which I think if they started this week, Syracuse would be on it based on the resume. However, if they win the next 2 before the first CFP ranking is released, it should be quite interesting to see where they place.

our reputation is bad as we get into November. Need to change this perception.

Voters think very little of us

I really don't get why this is so hard to understand. SU lost, at home, to a team that likely won't win another game and will probably finish on the "10 worst" lists. It will take a lot to change the perception.
Ok about that, we all hope the team stays motivated too continue to prove that this game was an outlier. What a lot of us are doing in this forum right now is critiquing journalists ranking of teams. Like this guy from Nevada Sports net

Ranking UNLV at 25 over Syracuse.

Those 2 polls aren’t computer polls.
AP and coaches are reflective (quantitative input) of what the computers also see.

Otherwise why would a 4-2 team still be in last week?

AP and coaches would just rank all teams by record.

My biggest concern with the voters are the people who are voting for Army over Syracuse.

Their schedule is awful. They have accomplished nothing. If they played Syracuse’s schedule, they would likely be 1-5.

These people need to do some soul searching. It is indefensible to rank Army and not rank Syracuse.

The worst thing is, they were supposed to play us and they could have played us. But they chose to play some awful team instead.

Just beat Pitt…
Just keep winning the next game all the way through Miami. Then pay back Clemson for the 2 games they stole from us with the help of the referee's.
Then on to the playoffs where we beat a 3 loss Alabama in the 1st round. They repeat the Spurrier words " i' m never playing up north again".

But they beat Alabama. A win against Pitt would help a lot.

Bama doesn’t look that great but we also beat two teams ranked at the time, one on the road. I mean Vandy lost to Georgia State. Georgia State. We lost to Stanford.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom