AP / Coaches Polls for Oct 20 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

AP / Coaches Polls for Oct 20

Saw this on Twitter so not sure it is completely accurate but only three schools have not been ranked in the AP poll since the start of 2019: West Virginia (2018 Final Poll), Texas Tech (2018 Week 5), and Rutgers (2012 Week 13).

Seems like we broke WV in our Bowl game.

We have the offense to score 40+ if we break a couple plays instead of always needing 7min 15 play drives

Whether our defense limits Pitts big plays is the question.

I’m hoping we steam roll Pitt. It’s about time we put 4 full quarters of football together.
I'm hoping our boys come out of the bye HUNGRY. It would be nice to not have a let down. I want our boys to come out and just execute. Don't get too high or too low. Just execute and walk out with a methodical win.

We have the offense to score 40+ if we break a couple plays instead of always needing 7min 15 play drives

Whether our defense limits Pitts big plays is the question.
Yeah, people say we’re explosive, but we’re not explosive. We’re a ball control offense. Thank god McCord is as accurate and pretty efficient as he is. If we didn’t possess the ball as much as we do, we’d be in trouble defensively. I like eating the clock as long as we score TDs. That was the issue in the NC St game, we didn’t score. But, yes, I agree, it’d be nice if we could score a couple of quick-hitters now and then. It would change the complexion of games completely and put much more pressure on opposing offenses because we eat clock so much. If we could go up a couple of scores more easily, it would make other teams take more risks. I think this is where we are really missing Zeed Hynes. We could really use a downfield threat.

Yeah, people say we’re explosive, but we’re not explosive. We’re a ball control offense. Thank god McCord is as accurate and pretty efficient as he is. If we didn’t possess the ball as much as we do, we’d be in trouble defensively. I like eating the clock as long as we score TDs. That was the issue in the NC St game, we didn’t score. But, yes, I agree, it’d be nice if we could score a couple of quick-hitters now and then. It would change the complexion of games completely and put much more pressure on opposing offenses because we eat clock so much. If we could go up a couple of scores more easily, it would make other teams take more risks. I think this is where we are really missing Zeed Hynes. We could really use a downfield threat.
I think you are mostly correct. But, I think opponents are taking away the the explosive plays and McCord is taking what the D is giving. He is looking for the explosive plays, but they aren't there. So, we move the ball with the under routes. I really hope Zeed is doing well and we get him up at some point, he will make a huge difference. But, in the meantime, Meeks, Hatcher, OG3 and JRS should be able to do some damage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom