AP Poll #10 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

AP Poll #10

Sagarin has SU at 10, Pomeroy has SU at 5; 10 seems to be a pretty objective rank for this team.

Sagarin has Kansas at number nine while Pomeroy has them at six but they are all the way down to 16 in the AP poll. We should probably take away everyone's vote that voted Kansas down so low.

Sagarin has SU at 10, Pomeroy has SU at 5; 10 seems to be a pretty objective rank for this team.

Sagarin has Kansas at number nine while Pomeroy has them at six but they are all the way down to 16 in the AP poll. We should probably take away everyone's vote that voted Kansas down so low.

Kansas has 2 losses Pom and Sag are just guides using numbers to give an idea of how each team performed against the numbers. They favor certain types of teams and don't give their best complete picture till the end. Kansas has 2 losses and should not be thought of as a better team than SU right now by any truly objective knowledgeable college bball fan. We are undefeated against a pretty strong schedule so far.

Let's be honest..."taking voting seriously" is code for "Rank SU as high as possible."
you think it can be justified to rank syracuse 10? Of course you don't.

To be honest I'm kind of surprised Syracuse didn't get more than 5 first place votes. Obviously I didn't think they'd get enough to overtake Arizona but 10 or 15 I thought was in our wheelhouse.

This is trolling at its finest. It's all for attention. At one point last year it was funny with Morris and Wilner, but it's lost any cache it might have had to even the lowliest of fans.

Stop trolling. If you don't think this team is better than 10 in the country than you know absolutely nothing about college basketball or you have not watched any this year.

But you're making it so easy...

WE MUST PROTECT THE SANCTITY OF THE END OF DECEMBER AP POLL

Let's be honest..."taking voting seriously" is code for "Rank SU as high as possible."

Of course. Because we like Syracuse basketball - we're going to look at that and take note of it because it's a slight. Nobody cares when someone over-ranks us - at least probably not enough to comment on the forum.

It's like the officiating - I KNOW all those putzes on Saturday were doing a horrible job officiating, but the only time I yell at the TV is when the call goes against Syracuse. I just smirk when the call goes against Nova.

It seems like u may be taking it more seriously than everyone else at this point tbh.

Ghost said:
Nobody cares when someone over-ranks us - at least probably not enough to comment on the forum.
When that happens let me know.

No #10 votes in here:

http://www.pollspeak.com/component/...1,90/t1_1,90/t2,0/t2_1,0/v,0/v_1,0/w,9/w_1,9/

You were right about Morris, though. He gets the 'dick of the week' award.
Some sportwriters are so desperate to be different that they'll come up with any rationalization.

Are those all the voters?

I'm sure we're "overanked" quite a bit. Wouldn't surprise me if there are times the consensus has us at 10 or something and one guy has us at 5. (I'm making these numbers up)

I would say voting us 10th is pretty bad and is hard to justify, I just think it's funny and the people saying the guy should have his vote pulled because of this one instance are overreacting.

I just went back and counted the votes in the link, I count 65, which is the number of voters in the poll. And none of them had us 10th. So maybe the guy on twitter was wrong?

Kansas has 2 losses Pom and Sag are just guides using numbers to give an idea of how each team performed against the numbers. They favor certain types of teams and don't give their best complete picture till the end. Kansas has 2 losses and should not be thought of as a better team than SU right now by any truly objective knowledgeable college bball fan. We are undefeated against a pretty strong schedule so far.

Kansas has 3 losses. Sagarin has Syracuse number one in "pure elo" which is based only on winning (Colley Matrix has us at 2) but that is not necessarily the "better" team, just who has performed better. Pomeroy and Sagarin are more predictive in nature rather than descriptive. I think some voters (and people on this board) interpret the purpose of polls differently.

Is the poll to see who has achieved the most thus far or who is predicted to actually be the strongest opponent? If you think the poll should be for what you have accomplished, SU should be ranked number one or two but teams like LSU should be ranked (#23 in Colley and #24 in Sagarin pure elo) and UMass should be top ten (#3 in Colley and #10 in Sagarin's pure elo). This is what seeding is for - almost completely what you have accomplished in the season. The polls are a combination of this and what you would be predicted to do based on how you performed in past games.

I just went back and counted the votes in the link, I count 65, which is the number of voters in the poll. And none of them had us 10th. So maybe the guy on twitter was wrong?

Yep, it sounds like the #10 ranking was a rumor. This list is all the voters.

orangeinohio said:

Wow, Wilner has Ohio State ranked 16th. That's harsh.

So let's get the guy who tweeted it and take away his twitter account!!!!
angry+mob.jpg