AP Poll #10 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

AP Poll #10

I was trying to say in a nice way that mostly those number systems blow chunks and look pretty stupid on a handful of teams both ways till the whole season is over and still there are a few left that make you say What. Bottom line is that bball isn't about Math and advanced statistics. Yes you can use them to create certain pictures and ways to view teams but they will always have holes and strange outlying teams than just blow the thing up. I pretty much think that stuff is stupid as I don't need it to figure out why we win and lose games and who the better teams, players and coaches are.

Such ridiculous hate against something you don't understand. In 2011-12 Pomeroy made prediction on every D1 vs D1 game and correctly predicted the winner in 77%. The favorites by spread in my database for that year has 588 games, only won 70%. It is easy to pick one thing and take a pot shot at it. Since you are so knowledge, lets see you rank all 351 D1 teams then let all of us critique your choices.

Such ridiculous hate against something you don't understand. In 2011-12 Pomeroy made prediction on every D1 vs D1 game and correctly predicted the winner in 77%. The favorites by spread in my database for that year has 588 games, only won 70%. It is easy to pick one thing and take a pot shot at it. Since you are so knowledge, lets see you rank all 351 D1 teams then let all of us critique your choices.

How is that "ridiculous hate?" He expressed an opinion - which for the most part I agree with (check his previous posts in this thread) - not unlike what you just did. Lighten up, go have a beer.

All I can say is happy new year dude, read the whole thread. I don't hate the math stuff just feel its flawed and not all that useful to any actual fan who pays attention.

I could understand these guys systems just as well as you if I wanted to but its simply unimportant and uneccessary for me.

How is that "ridiculous hate?" He expressed an opinion - which for the most part I agree with (check his previous posts in this thread) - not unlike what you just did. Lighten up, go have a beer.

I think "blows chunks" qualifies as ridiculous hate.

All I can say is happy new year dude, read the whole thread. I don't hate the math stuff just feel its flawed and not all that useful to any actual fan who pays attention.

I could understand these guys systems just as well as you if I wanted to but its simply unimportant and uneccessary for me.

Some people just resist advances to resist them. Anyone who doesn't think their understanding of the game can be improved by advanced statistics, just refuses to get it.

Some people just resist advances to resist them. Anyone who doesn't think their understanding of the game can be improved by advanced statistics, just refuses to get it.

I go to basketball games to watch basketball players play basketball. Statistics are for these forum things. :)

I prefer to call it a sense of humor. Advanced statistics have yet to be proven as an advancement. Are you making up your own rules now? Its new years I'm rolling and trying for some early mid party applesauce so i m out. Hope you also have something better to do.